Video games

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I play on bog standard ps4 and for the most part it seems fine. It can sometimes take a second for objects to load in when finishing fast travelling but not noticed it lag too much. Have you looked into cleaning the inside of the PS4? I think mine is due a clean too, loads of dust can build up inside which can affect performance. Might be worth checking, there’s YouTube videos that show you how to do it😅
Tbh I think he's just impatient :ROFLMAO: I've yet to see him play a game where he doesn't complain about loading times!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I got BOTW for Christmas and it's SO overwhelming. There's so much to do and just not really a direct path to follow so I felt like I was just wandering aimlessly for ages. Plus the swords breaking constantly is the most annoying thing.
I'm exactly the same, it's all just too much and I loved ocarina of time and majora's mask but switch Zelda I can't get into. I guess they needed to update the format in order to get the 10/10 ratings thesedays but it's totally alienated me.

The last game I really loved was GTA5 - just did the main missions though. Tried to get into red dead 2 and got a bit bored as it really didn't grab me anywhere near as much as GTA5. Gave up after getting over the snow bit and seeing some people hung in the town.

Reactions: 2
Playstation 1 was my introduction to gaming. Crash Bandicoot, Tomb Raider, Kula World (anyone remember that?!), Spyro and Rayman were my favourites. I also spent a lot of hours on The Sims and Doom on the PC.
Didn’t have as much time to play for a while but got in to Halo and Left 4 Dead on the Xbox when I met my husband and loved them. I really enjoy games that have local multiplayer option, I don’t play so many on my own these days. Halo 5 not having split screen multiplayer annoyed me! Though I do enjoy Fallout (New Vegas and 4)

Reactions: 7
Playstation 1 was my introduction to gaming. Crash Bandicoot, Tomb Raider, Kula World (anyone remember that?!), Spyro and Rayman were my favourites. I also spent a lot of hours on The Sims and Doom on the PC.
Didn’t have as much time to play for a while but got in to Halo and Left 4 Dead on the Xbox when I met my husband and loved them. I really enjoy games that have local multiplayer option, I don’t play so many on my own these days. Halo 5 not having split screen multiplayer annoyed me! Though I do enjoy Fallout (New Vegas and 4)
oh god I loved Kula world! Who knew a ball could be so entertaining 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Simpsons Hit & Run was an absolute nightmare, I'm getting annoyed just thinking about it 😂 The first two Saints Row games were fairly normal GTA clones but the third one is just ridiculous, I love it. The character customisation is exceptional as well.

@cheapwetham Alex Kidd in Miracle World is <chef's kiss> I don't know anyone else who ever played it. I got a cast-off Master System from my cousins when they were bored with it and it had Alex Kidd built in. They also had a Shinobi cartridge and some sort of tennis game.

If anyone remembers Chip's Challenge it's free on Steam! You can turn off the audio so you don't have to keep hearing 'bummer' every time you duck up.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Ahh that makes me so happy, I love speaking to people who’ve played it!! 💛 do you have a favourite game out of the series? ☺
It's tough but probably the second one just for the wild ending, even though I didn't really like the gameplay or characters quite as much as the first :love:

• Heart
I love survival horror-resident evil, silent hill.
Also Rpgs (currently playing witcher 3 and skyrim). Massive love for horizon zero dawn too.

First console was a Sega megadrive. Loved sonic!

Adored RE 2 and FF7 on the PS1. Loved the remakes too.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I love survival horror-resident evil, silent hill.
Also Rpgs (currently playing witcher 3 and skyrim).

First console was a Sega megadrive. Loved sonic!

Adored RE 2 and FF7 on the PS1. Loved the remakes too.
Do you remember that rubbish silent hill film that supposedly went with the game?

That was bad.

• Haha
GTA, RDR2, Fallout are games I will never get bored of.
anyone excited for Mass Effect?

• Heart
Always loved video games- started out on a weird maths game on a cassette on the Commodore 64, then The Secret of Monkey Island on the Amiga, Sims for many years. Loved the Fable games especially Fable 2 and then Skyrim which I’ve just recently replayed through. Various Nintendo games have been in between but not as intensely as the others (except Animal Crossing).

nowadays I’m mainly playing Stardew Valley and embarrassingly Fortnite as i like doing all the challenges and moving up the battle pass! I don’t get much time on the Xbox anymore so the Switch is useful but I struggle to find games I really can get immersed in on it.

Reactions: 5
the Switch is useful but I struggle to find games I really can get immersed in on it.
Yeh. Me too. I bought it all excited as it looked like such a cool console but I’ve really struggled with games on it. We play a lot of over competitive Mario Kart, but I’ve struggled with solo gaming on it. I’d love some recommendations

@Yel - keep meaning to say that I’m the same as you re Call of the Wild. I loved early Zelda, but CotW was too open and unfocused for me and all the weapon and food stuff felt like *work* not gameplay.

Yeh. Me too. I bought it all excited as it looked like such a cool console but I’ve really struggled with games on it. We play a lot of over competitive Mario Kart, but I’ve struggled with solo gaming on it. I’d love some recommendations
Nintendos strength is definitely casual gaming and family gaming, I don’t think the others can beat them on that.

i had forgotten that 2 of my favourite ever games were DS games though- Elite Beat Agents (still can’t hear the songs on it without hearing the bears to hit on the game!) and Wario Ware Touched. Loved the wii wario ware game too. Wish they’d do a Switch version, the console is ideal for it!

I loved Crash Bandicoot! I also loved Crash Team Racing
crash bandicoot is so good! We got it again on the PlayStation and I started playing it when I was pregnant and GOD it’s so hard!! Why is everything easier as a kid?!
My husband took the control off me I was getting so pissed off he thought I was gonna go into Labour 😂

• Haha
I really bloody miss world of warcraft sometimes. I've only got a mac book air now as my ex took my gaming PC when she split up a few years back 😂 my mac book will technically run it but tbh I just don't have as much time to spend on it now. But boy do I miss those 16 hour days on it.

I've dabbled in games all throughout my life though. My favourite growing up was Tony hawk, I was bloody mint at those games 😂 would pay good money to get my hands on a ps2 and my old Tony hawk games!

I really bloody miss world of warcraft sometimes. I've only got a mac book air now as my ex took my gaming PC when she split up a few years back 😂 my mac book will technically run it but tbh I just don't have as much time to spend on it now. But boy do I miss those 16 hour days on it.
I met someone who was really in to WoW when I was at uni (she actually met her husband on it) and I loved watching her play so thought I'd start it too. I also miss it. You could just lose yourself in it for hours. I mainly stopped playing it as my laptop really struggled with one of the expansions a few years back. My new PC would run it with no issues but I'm not sure if it's worth the subscription cost now for the time I'd actually get to devote to playing it.

I bought a gaming laptop a couple of years ago which was pretty much for World of Warcraft. I've played it for about 10 years (oh god) on and off. I definitely don't have as much time now as I did in my early 20s and only play a couple of hours a few times a week but I still love it :)

• Heart
My sister and I still shout 'OUT OF MY WAY' like Dr Neo Cortex in Crash Team Racing if one of us is in the way of the other one. I've completed it 100% but apparently it's possible to complete it to 102%. I do not have the patience.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 was my favourite game at the time. I completed it with every character and my custom character then when that unlocked Officer Dick, completed it with him too. I only recently found out that the PS2 version was completely different from the PS1 version I have.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.