Video games

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
RDR2 I was going to buy on stadia today but the sale brining it down to £35 seems to have ended 😔. £55 seems a bit too high to buy for a system that will probably disappear next year.

What I played of it before it was good, but the epilogue really didn't draw me in like GTA5 and hunting, then skinning, then bbq'ing rabbits isn't my thing either 😆
That does seem a lot especially on stadia! I paid £21 for my standard copy of rdr2 for PS4 off of Amazon last year, so it’s possible to pick it up cheaper at times.

The first chapter is a bit slow, but necessary to the story imo. It picks up as the story goes on. Hunting and cooking is optional also! It’s only required in a couple of missions earlier in game and then after that it’s a case of if you feel like it. You can just buy food from the butchers, saloons and shops and eat stew at camp and it’ll do the job.

I really enjoy GTAV and recently played through it again, it’s so much fun and I love the satire in it, but when it comes to the open world and story and characters rdr2 is on another level to me. I cannot wait for GTA6, the bar is raised every time rockstar releases a new game. Hopefully only another couple of years to wait😂

Reactions: 7
Didnt know there was a thread for gaming! :D

I currently own a ps5, pc and nintendo switch!

my all time favourite games are:
Red Dead remption 2
Animal Crossing
Stardew Valley
Planet Zoo!
Spyro and Crash bandicoot!

i do find that i have so many new games to play but hardly any time to play them and then when i do sit down to play i just play my comfort games lol! I also grew up with the sims, zoo tycoon (which got me super excited for planet zoo!) the orignal spyro games (even though the remakes where fantastic!)

• Heart
If anyone is interested in picking up Cities: Skylines it's on Steam for £4.59 or free to play over the weekend! You can pick up Prison Architect for £5.94 as well and lots of DLC available reduced.

Is anyone a fan of Dishonored? I found a documentary about how Arkane Studios made the games which is really interesting, link is here. They talk about a couple of levels in Dishonored 2 that are completely mind-blowing on a technical level. The first game is only £7.99 on Steam and it's one of my all-time favourites. I'm not usually a fan of anything with a magical component but it's possible to complete the game without using any of the powers, without killing anyone or without even being seen by anyone. Or you can brutally kill absolutely everyone, there are different outcomes depending on which playstyle you go for.

Reactions: 5
I think I've found my new favourite thread! currently playing through elder Scrolls online and replaying death stranding which I loved!

does anyone remember I think it was on playstation 1 or playstation 2 the game about the gecko game? I thinkkk it was called Gex? I used to love that!

• Heart
I think I've found my new favourite thread! currently playing through elder Scrolls online and replaying death stranding which I loved!

does anyone remember I think it was on playstation 1 or playstation 2 the game about the gecko game? I thinkkk it was called Gex? I used to love that!
I’d forgotten about Gex! I loved that too

Reactions: 3
Does anyone use PSNow? I'm starting to want to unsubscribe from it. They've added witcher 3 wild hunt for June and I'm replaying, but I've already played it. Seems like there's less big games every month.

I'm normally an action/rpg person. My all time favourite has to be the Tomb Raider series. I will always have a slight soft spot for The Angel of Darrkness, even though everyone hated it, probably because Lra Croft caused my bisexual awakening 😂. When we got a finally got a PC as a kid, I loved Theme Hospital, Space Colony, The Sims, and Runescape (MMORPG)

I mainly play games with an open world/RPG element. Watchdogs, GTA , Fallout, Greedfall, Skyrim, Vampyr, or the pick your own story games like Man of Medan.

I have Stardew Valley on my phone but don't play it. I really enjoyed it but I should've bought it on PS4. My sausage fingers make it hard.

Bf is a pc gamer and I'm very jealous. Can't afford to build my own and don't wanna save. He does let me play sims 4 on there if I want to and because I'm a loser I have all the expansion packs 🤪 still not as good as The Sims 2.

Reactions: 4
Bf is a pc gamer and I'm very jealous. Can't afford to build my own and don't wanna save. He does let me play sims 4 on there if I want to and because I'm a loser I have all the expansion packs 🤪 still not as good as The Sims 2.
Decent gaming PCs are so expensive! We just bought one on finance from Gladiator PCs and it's good but not top of the range. We then spent more money kitting it out with RGB fans and accessories and buying a good monitor and keyboard/mouse etc. BF wanted to do his own build and that was our original plan, to just buy bits and pieces over a couple of months when we could afford to, but graphics cards are SO hard to come by just now that he decided it was best to just buy a prebuilt one. Gladiator was good as you can pick a base package and then modify it with different parts.

We've just cancelled our PS subscription (think we might sell our PS4) and are using Xbox Game Pass for the PC.

Decent gaming PCs are so expensive! We just bought one on finance from Gladiator PCs and it's good but not top of the range. We then spent more money kitting it out with RGB fans and accessories and buying a good monitor and keyboard/mouse etc. BF wanted to do his own build and that was our original plan, to just buy bits and pieces over a couple of months when we could afford to, but graphics cards are SO hard to come by just now that he decided it was best to just buy a prebuilt one. Gladiator was good as you can pick a base package and then modify it with different parts.

We've just cancelled our PS subscription (think we might sell our PS4) and are using Xbox Game Pass for the PC.
Definitely! He's spent thousands, I think on his. Always arguing that building it yourself is the only way it's worth it 🙄 if we had 2 massive pcs we would have no space. I've just cancelled my subscription too, can't wait to not use it for another month 😂

Definitely! He's spent thousands, I think on his. Always arguing that building it yourself is the only way it's worth it 🙄 if we had 2 massive pcs we would have no space. I've just cancelled my subscription too, can't wait to not use it for another month 😂
just cancelled my sub for the ps4 too and thinking of selling it, it sits in a drawer I'm just so bored of it now and would rather game on my pc now it has far more gaming options

Does anyone use PSNow? I'm starting to want to unsubscribe from it. They've added witcher 3 wild hunt for June and I'm replaying, but I've already played it. Seems like there's less big games every month.

I'm normally an action/rpg person. My all time favourite has to be the Tomb Raider series. I will always have a slight soft spot for The Angel of Darrkness, even though everyone hated it, probably because Lra Croft caused my bisexual awakening 😂. When we got a finally got a PC as a kid, I loved Theme Hospital, Space Colony, The Sims, and Runescape (MMORPG)

I mainly play games with an open world/RPG element. Watchdogs, GTA , Fallout, Greedfall, Skyrim, Vampyr, or the pick your own story games like Man of Medan.

I have Stardew Valley on my phone but don't play it. I really enjoyed it but I should've bought it on PS4. My sausage fingers make it hard.

if you liked RuneScape and Skyrim like myself I would definitely recommend Elder Scrolls online, there is sooo much content for your money and the base game is always on sale

• Heart
I would love to get a gaming pc as I love simulation games and would love to try flight simulator, bus simulator etc haha. I'd love to have a full step up with steering wheel and rig and everything but I can't afford it and don't have enough space even if I could! I have a decent laptop that can run Sims 3 so that's something at least. I used to love theme hospital like others have said. I did play the new two point hospital when they had a free weekend on steam and could t get into it but I don't think I gave it enough of a chance. Really want to try house flipper on pc too as I had a version on my phone which was surprisingly addictive!

I'm mainly a ps4 player now though just simply due to not having a decent enough pc / laptop for most of the pc games. I love rockstar games and can't wait to see what they bring out next. I still haven't finished red dead redemption 2, which is surprising as red dead redemption on xbox 360 was my favourite game of all time I think. I did complete gta v to 100% over lockdown which was fun. I also need to play through la noire remastered. I did complete it originally on xbox 360 but the ps4 version comes with all the dlc which I didn't have. I love the Mafia games as well. Mafia 2 was awesome and I haven't played the 1st one so going to get the new(ish) remastered edition they bought out on ps4 soon. I love story / single player games but do play a bit of modern warfare online occasionally although it usually just ends up pissing me off haha.

just cancelled my sub for the ps4 too and thinking of selling it, it sits in a drawer I'm just so bored of it now and would rather game on my pc now it has far more gaming options

if you liked RuneScape and Skyrim like myself I would definitely recommend Elder Scrolls online, there is sooo much content for your money and the base game is always on sale
Omg I really enjoyed elder scrolls online! It was on PSNow for a while. I'm not sure what happened but it wouldn't save my progress so I gave up. I'd do quests and lose everything 🙄 If I had more patience I'd start again! ❤❤

Reactions: 1

Oooh I played Gex: Enter the Gecko on PS1! Loved it :giggle:
I never played the other one though, think it was called Gex: Deep Cover Gecko?

Reactions: 2
Is anyone a fan of Destiny 2? It’s not usually my go-to game type. I’ve always been an RPG fantasy fan but in destiny I love the planet designs and play style options. There’s no pressure to go in and play pvp - if you like a bit of pvp there’s gambit that’s a mix of pvp and pvc. I work from home so it’s a nice one to pick up for a quick hour and play around on one of the planets or play through some strikes. Only problem is server issues every time there’s a new season.

• Heart
Omg I really enjoyed elder scrolls online! It was on PSNow for a while. I'm not sure what happened but it wouldn't save my progress so I gave up. I'd do quests and lose everything 🙄 If I had more patience I'd start again! ❤❤
oh that's so annoying💔 I really do love the game that's so unfortunate it never saved for you😕

Oooh I played Gex: Enter the Gecko on PS1! Loved it :giggle:
I never played the other one though, think it was called Gex: Deep Cover Gecko?
yess I think enter the gecko was the one I played too

Is anyone a fan of Destiny 2? It’s not usually my go-to game type. I’ve always been an RPG fantasy fan but in destiny I love the planet designs and play style options. There’s no pressure to go in and play pvp - if you like a bit of pvp there’s gambit that’s a mix of pvp and pvc. I work from home so it’s a nice one to pick up for a quick hour and play around on one of the planets or play through some strikes. Only problem is server issues every time there’s a new season.
I haven't played destiny 2 before, I'll deffo take a look into it it sounds pretty good!

• Heart
Can anyone recommend a survival type game please? I've googled but a lot are zombie based which isn't what I'd like. I just want a game where you have to build your own shelter, fish/hunt for food, explore an open world etc. Probably sounds boring but I love playing off grid in the sims 4 so wondered if there was something similar.
I have xbox, ps4, switch, gaming laptop and my phone. Thanks 😊

Can anyone recommend a survival type game please? I've googled but a lot are zombie based which isn't what I'd like. I just want a game where you have to build your own shelter, fish/hunt for food, explore an open world etc. Probably sounds boring but I love playing off grid in the sims 4 so wondered if there was something similar.
Fallout? New Vegas in particular you can play the majority without killing things and talking your way out of situations.
60 Seconds (not quite what you’re after but a good little game surviving a nuclear disaster)
My husband suggested The Long Dark and No Mans Sky

Fallout? New Vegas in particular you can play the majority without killing things and talking your way out of situations.
60 Seconds (not quite what you’re after but a good little game surviving a nuclear disaster)
My husband suggested The Long Dark and No Mans Sky
Thank you so much for these. Bought the long dark on steam as it was on sale and a few of the fallouts are on xbox pass so will take a look at those.

Reactions: 2
If you like dinosaurs try Ark: Survival Evolved :D It's open world, super pretty, has all the base building and survival stuff but also the world is full of dinosaurs (which you can tame and ride around or use them to help you gather food/materials for your shelter).

This is how good it is:
1624870975368.png

😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.