Venetia Falconer

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I understand why people would do this because of their beliefs... but based on the fact that she is basically stuck in a small town with a boyfriend who seems pretty controlling I actually find this really worrying
Yes and coupled with her dramatic weight loss too. I'd be really worried about her if I were family/a friend!

Reactions: 4
I've been listening to her voice notes podcast and I think she is cutting/has cut a bunch of her friends out of her life due to her views. She mentions that it's been difficult the past few months and she might talk about it in the future, but yeah safe to say she's culling friends.
My friend works for Shell is the podcast episode. Voicenote 6.
It's a question asked towards the end of the episode if anyone wants to listen.
Ah I haven't listened to this so may check it out - thank you. I do think it's almost weirder for her to suddenly take a black and white approach to friends when ironically what I'd like to see more of from her is nuance. I have definitely thought she was a bit of a hypocrite for preaching to her audience whilst living an insanely privileged life (beyond just the usual financial measure - she is so close to upper class (only not because her family aren't titled) and if you're familiar with her family home in Stroud it makes you think it's almost weirder for her to cosplay as a 'regular' person rather than just acknowledging her own quite out-of-touch reality) but is now doing a massive u-turn to be like i'm just like you guys!

Reactions: 6
Ah I haven't listened to this so may check it out - thank you. I do think it's almost weirder for her to suddenly take a black and white approach to friends when ironically what I'd like to see more of from her is nuance. I have definitely thought she was a bit of a hypocrite for preaching to her audience whilst living an insanely privileged life (beyond just the usual financial measure - she is so close to upper class (only not because her family aren't titled) and if you're familiar with her family home in Stroud it makes you think it's almost weirder for her to cosplay as a 'regular' person rather than just acknowledging her own quite out-of-touch reality) but is now doing a massive u-turn to be like i'm just like you guys!
What is her family home in stroud like?

Yeah that trip to India was unbelievably cringe! I do wonder if the two of them are still close but try not to acknowledge it on social media as their views/values seem worlds apart…although I don’t think Venetia 100% believes in what she’s preaching about…
Come join us on the Rosanna Falconer thread!

Reactions: 2
Her most recent vlog on their 'holiday' in France gives me really bad vibes. I get that sometimes a simple retreat is nice but they don't even seem to go out and explore, just do work and exercise ("We ran 3 miles just to find an organic shop that sells tofu and our favourite yoghurt"...?!) I mean... a portion of the vlog is Max filming her writing a detailed itinerary on a blackboard!

I got the impression Max was always lurking in the background monitoring everything she's saying and he CONSTANTLY interjects to make sure she says certain things. She seems very subdued and she's always glancing off to the side like someone is watching her.

The last clip where he 'casually' prompts her to talk about the writer strikes in Hollywood feels particularly bizarre.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Her most recent vlog on their 'holiday' in France gives me really bad vibes. I get that sometimes a simple retreat is nice but they don't even seem to go out and explore, just do work and exercise ("We ran 3 miles just to find an organic shop that sells tofu and our favourite yoghurt"...?!) I mean... a portion of the vlog is Max filming her writing a detailed itinerary on a blackboard!

I got the impression Max was always lurking in the background monitoring everything she's saying and he CONSTANTLY interjects to make sure she says certain things. She seems very subdued and she's always glancing off to the side like someone is watching her.

The last clip where he 'casually' prompts her to talk about the writer strikes in Hollywood feels particularly bizarre.
I haven’t watched it yet so can’t comment.

In general though she seems quite lonely I think. She seems to spend a lot of time alone but perhaps that’s just the impression we get from what she chooses to v log. She was so happy to see her girlfriends. Maybe she could do more of that kind of thing in London.

From this thread I get the impression that maybe she was heartbroken about her ex.

She is very privileged to be able to do the work so does but I think she works herself into a state of anxiety about it.

Reactions: 5
Just watched her recent vlog and I agree about the weird comment about the actor strike. Does she talk that much about films etc usually? Had never noticed (except when being paid by sky I guess...) the whole vlog seemed a bit sad and also constantly asking max "what did you put in this?" "What are we doing this evening"? Etc. As I've said I don't like their relationship

it’s so annoying that she took down the recipes off her website and stepped away from making her own recipes as she used to do it a lot and they were so good 😞
---
It’s weird that Max collabs with lots of food content creators but I don’t think he’s really done anything like that with Venetia except undermine her recipes and try and make them better than her

Reactions: 10
it’s so annoying that she took down the recipes off her website and stepped away from making her own recipes as she used to do it a lot and they were so good 😞
---
It’s weird that Max collabs with lots of food content creators but I don’t think he’s really done anything like that with Venetia except undermine her recipes and try and make them better than her
All of their relationship is just such a red flag. I hope in a year (or less)we will see her posting a video or "how I escaped a toxic relationship "

That's really sad. Why would she take them down? I can't think of a real reason why.... her recipes all looked amazing

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I do think there could be an element of her not being managed by an agency anymore (was it previously Gleam?) I kind of got the feeling they wanted her to keep posting recipes/food content because that's how she started out and part of why she gained popularity, but now she's not managed by an agency she can go full throttle into the activist content. Not defending Max though, he has definitely got a hand in her content, but I reckon a bit more subtly than forcing her to take things down or telling her what to post. I get the impression his style is more... coersive

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I do think there could be an element of her not being managed by an agency anymore (was it previously Gleam?) I kind of got the feeling they wanted her to keep posting recipes/food content because that's how she started out and part of why she gained popularity, but now she's not managed by an agency she can go full throttle into the activist content. Not defending Max though, he has definitely got a hand in her content, but I reckon a bit more subtly than forcing her to take things down or telling her what to post. I get the impression his style is more... coersive
this is a really interesting perspectives, I think your right for sure
---
Also did anyone feel worried at her podcast where she talked about her honeymoon and how much Max struggled with relaxing and had to create a structured routine to follow when on the beach just chilling (until he started playing volleyball with locals).

this is a really interesting perspectives, I think your right for sure
---
Also did anyone feel worried at her podcast where she talked about her honeymoon and how much Max struggled with relaxing and had to create a structured routine to follow when on the beach just chilling (until he started playing volleyball with locals).
There’s just something so off about him to me…I have no idea how he has a million followers! I do feel like she had her own thing going on before she got with him, I just don’t buy into her being into sustainable fashion one bit…

Anyone notice how many beauty products Venetia seems to own and get through on YouTube?

I've followed Venetia and watched her youtube videos for yeeaars - when she was with her previous boyfriend and through her single period etc. - her youtube videos (now deleted ofc) used to be so full of life and she herself had so much energy and joy for life, it was truly infectious. She was super sociable and always seeing friends/out and about etc.
Obviously there are different times of our lives for different things but this is honestly such an extreme change in personality that it is disconcerting to say the least, her videos now just seem sad and flat, she seems to have lost her glow and love for life.

Reactions: 11
I've followed Venetia and watched her youtube videos for yeeaars - when she was with her previous boyfriend and through her single period etc. - her youtube videos (now deleted ofc) used to be so full of life and she herself had so much energy and joy for life, it was truly infectious. She was super sociable and always seeing friends/out and about etc.
Obviously there are different times of our lives for different things but this is honestly such an extreme change in personality that it is disconcerting to say the least, her videos now just seem sad and flat, she seems to have lost her glow and love for life.
I missed a lot of her older stuff. It always strikes me how happy she is to see her girlfriends, she needs more of that in her life!!

max is 100% a wrongun IMO. He gives me the heebie jeebies.

she was pretty vulnerable when she met him IIRC. Looks to me like he love bombed her, rushed into marriage, piggy backed her Instagram success and then dragged her out to the middle of nowhere to isolate her.

since she met him, it’s like there’s been a steady decline. She’s lost more and more weight. Her content seems more and more lacklustre. Her vivacity and joie de vivre just doesn’t seem to be there anymore.

The removal of her recipes (presumably so she doesn’t detract from his niche), the subtle controlling vibes he gives off (not being able to relax on holiday and “needing” an itinerary) all speak to me of someone who is an energy vampire, who diminishes everyone around them to make themselves feel better.

For context, they first met in August 2018. they got engaged in August 2019 and were married in November 2019.. so within a year and 3 months of meeting him, they’ve gotten married. IIRC she’s just come out of a long term relationship and a painful break up when she met max, and so was in a pretty vulnerable place. Classic abusive tactic to love bomb someone at a vulnerable point in their life.

His insta account has been wiped and his earliest posts are from Feb 2018 (where he announces a collab) and Nov 17. How has he managed to amass a 1mil following in 6 years?

I hope I’m wrong about him… but he just doesn’t seem like a particularly nice persona without having actually done anything obviously bad? He looks dead behind the eyes to me.

• Heart
yeah, and I remember Venetia in a podcast saying they did have a Visa wedding so they could see each other more and spend more time together. Seems suss!

• Wow
yeah, and I remember Venetia in a podcast saying they did have a Visa wedding so they could see each other more and spend more time together. Seems suss!
Jeez I though Venetia would have more cop on than to have a Visa wedding!

I feel bad because I think I started the Max is bad news tone on this tread by mentioning he reminds me of a cult leader!! I know close to nothing about him.

Venetia strikes me as someone with a great sense of humour. I don’t know why her & Max don’t seem to fit together in my head. He strikes me as someone who fits some of the stereotypes about Americans (sorry that is not meant as casual racism more a reference to cultural differences!) I see her being happier with a cheeky chappy British guy.

• Heart
Reactions: 6