Venetia Falconer

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She has a new YouTube vlog of her and Max in NYC. She’s looking even thinner, gosh I hope she’s okay.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I made it through the video up to the point where Max leant over and ate some of her ice cream right out of the tub…if that was me he would have been wearing it…and buying me a new one! 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 3
agreed on the max eating her ice cream… it feels a bit off. I duno about anyone else, I share
Food all the time with my other half, but… we also ask each other first?

how weird is it to be in an ice cream shop, eating ice cream and having a conversation with your companions about the ice cream, and decided to get the camera out to prop and film that..?

these influencers man. Another planet.

Reactions: 6
i just started the NYC vlog because i miss that city so much and OMG she starts off by saying her fear of flying has got worse and she spent ages going in and out of panic attacks and all I could think of was he's totally stripped her of confidence hasn't he. its terrible to witness

and when she talks her face completely sinks in... its so awful.. how gaunt she has become. I know it's Halloween soon but she is turning into a literal skeleton

Jesus telling her how to do her beauty routine... how bleeping controlling is he !!!!!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 5

This is Venetia's New York vlog from 2018. She looks so much healthier and happier.

It is clear she is really struggling now.

I can see the little things you guys point out about Max being controlling, but I'm not convinced it is entirely because of him.

To be fair, she went downhill after getting together with him, and he's unlikely to show the extent of his control online.

It's just weird to me cause Venetia is super privileged, which translates to having a great support network of healthy family and freinds. So why is no one encouraging her to get therapy or something? I think we'd know if she was in therapy because she would mention it.

Reactions: 3
I’m pretty sure she has mentioned going to therapy before, ages ago. She’s probably deleted the video where she talked about it though.
I think all the Offline 48 stuff is telling in that she doesn’t seem to actually enjoy what she does, which is based around social media. Maybe she’d be happier if she did something else (but as someone who changed careers I know it’s easier said than done!).

Reactions: 4

This is Venetia's New York vlog from 2018. She looks so much healthier and happier.

It is clear she is really struggling now.

I can see the little things you guys point out about Max being controlling, but I'm not convinced it is entirely because of him.

To be fair, she went downhill after getting together with him, and he's unlikely to show the extent of his control online.

It's just weird to me cause Venetia is super privileged, which translates to having a great support network of healthy family and freinds. So why is no one encouraging her to get therapy or something? I think we'd know if she was in therapy because she would mention it.
I don’t think it’s him either, I think he looks like an American high school frat boy or something but we don’t see enough of him to really know anything about him.

She seems chronically unhappy but it’s hard to know what the cause is. She may just have general anxiety.

Just caught up on the last two vlogs I do agree Max has some odd things that he says I don’t necessarily think it comes from a bad place but it must contribute to her anxiety.

the comment about the writers strike was bizarre, they aren’t in the industry and it just seemed unnecessary for him to police her on it. She’s SO careful and considerate about issues of activism, and it’s her channel where she shows snippets of her life. It was totally unnecessary of him to but in and make points about the writers strike. I imagine stuff like this maybe contributes to her anxiety as her entire life she must feel obligated to say certain things and do the right thing. But Max…let the woman do what she wants on her YouTube channel without advising her, it’s not that deep to mention a film you are watching. It’s not as if he ever features her on his channel either.

The skincare thing grated on me too. Self care for someone like Venetia must be relaxing/escapism and it’s personal. I don’t know why Max felt the need to criticise her.

It just seems like she is in this hyper bubble of activism where she can’t switch off and he doesn’t let in her personal life either.

Just caught up on the last two vlogs I do agree Max has some odd things that he says I don’t necessarily think it comes from a bad place but it must contribute to her anxiety.

the comment about the writers strike was bizarre, they aren’t in the industry and it just seemed unnecessary for him to police her on it. She’s SO careful and considerate about issues of activism, and it’s her channel where she shows snippets of her life. It was totally unnecessary of him to but in and make points about the writers strike. I imagine stuff like this maybe contributes to her anxiety as her entire life she must feel obligated to say certain things and do the right thing. But Max…let the woman do what she wants on her YouTube channel without advising her, it’s not that deep to mention a film you are watching. It’s not as if he ever features her on his channel either.

The skincare thing grated on me too. Self care for someone like Venetia must be relaxing/escapism and it’s personal. I don’t know why Max felt the need to criticise her.

It just seems like she is in this hyper bubble of activism where she can’t switch off and he doesn’t let in her personal life either.
Totally agree, I get that she is passionate about h4 activism but not everything needs to involve it. I think max is 100%the reason she is so anxious now. Imagine not even being able to watch a film without thinking about all the social issues it involves

I think it’s obviously one of the reasons she was so attracted to him as they had so much common ground with their activism, veganism and other causes. And why their relationship accelerated so quickly.

but it does seem to have exacerbated her anxiety. She holds herself to incredibly high standards with what she buys, says online, how she lives. But just get the feeling she can’t relax in her personal life and Max doesn’t necessarily allow her that breathing space to just be a normal flawed person, or switch off and enjoy mundane things.
I get the feeling a lot of their relationship has these heavy standards of activism and living sustainably which is what brought them together, but must be tiring for her being reminded of those standards all the time in your personal life. Probably one of the reasons she has anxiety about flying now too.

also I don't know if anyone saw but there was a comment on her video of someone saying they were worried about her and she replied but didn't really engage with the comment which is fair I suppose as it is unnecessary to comment on someone's body directly to them but I'm not sure whether she sees how concerning her weight loss is

• Sad
I think it’s obviously one of the reasons she was so attracted to him as they had so much common ground with their activism, veganism and other causes. And why their relationship accelerated so quickly.

but it does seem to have exacerbated her anxiety. She holds herself to incredibly high standards with what she buys, says online, how she lives. But just get the feeling she can’t relax in her personal life and Max doesn’t necessarily allow her that breathing space to just be a normal flawed person, or switch off and enjoy mundane things.
I get the feeling a lot of their relationship has these heavy standards of activism and living sustainably which is what brought them together, but must be tiring for her being reminded of those standards all the time in your personal life. Probably one of the reasons she has anxiety about flying now too.
she was vegan before she met him but I don’t recall her being so obsessive over social issues before?

I think they definitely bonded over that.. but im going to suggest that she’d gone through a breakup (iirc) and was in a vulnerable place when she met max. I reckon he’s been pretty intense and that felt reassuring to someone with low self esteem and coming out of a breakup.

I also wonder how much he’s co-opted her activism. He barely has a social media presence pre-2018, which is incidentally aroundthe time he met Venetia

I also wonder how much he’s co-opted her activism. He barely has a social media presence pre-2018, which is incidentally around the time he met Venetia
This always sends up red flags for me. He a) had been trying unsuccessfully to be a model and actor in the US and b) met her while he was visiting the UK. Maybe its true love but I often feel that Venetia, being on television, of generational wealth and presumably well-connected within the media, would have been a golden ticket for someone who wanted to be famous themselves.

• Heart
This always sends up red flags for me. He a) had been trying unsuccessfully to be a model and actor in the US and b) met her while he was visiting the UK. Maybe its true love but I often feel that Venetia, being on television, of generational wealth and presumably well-connected within the media, would have been a golden ticket for someone who wanted to be famous themselves.
yup agreed.

I feel like the guy should be good looking, but there’s something about him which makes me queasy. I’ve said it so many times on this thread… but it always takes me aback how much he creeps me out when I go on his insta.

I see Venetia has been chosen to be a women's prize judge for non fiction. Hmmmm conflicting feelings.
I really hope Leena Norms has been selected for literary fiction

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I see Venetia has been chosen to be a women's prize judge for non fiction. Hmmmm conflicting feelings.
I really hope Leena Norms has been selected for literary fiction
Came here to mention this. How on earth has she managed that?! 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
I feel Leena would have made a great non fiction judge too. She's been putting in the work on book videos for 13 years on Youtube! And in the last few years has started The No Books On A Dead Planet series. Oh well, well done Venetia, I guess.

I feel Leena would have made a great non fiction judge too. She's been putting in the work on book videos for 13 years on Youtube! And in the last few years has started The No Books On A Dead Planet series. Oh well, well done Venetia, I guess.
why is Venetia a judge? Has she ever written anything behind Instagram captions and blog posts..?!

Reactions: 1