Vegans and Ex-vegans

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The whole RT4 thing looking back, one thing that annoyed me was there was never any consideration to sustainability or human rights, it was all about being "lean" and not a "handbag basic" (real mature DR).
That's the thing that gets me about Freelee. If it was truly about the animals, as she keeps saying, why keep banging the drum about this ridiculous diet? She's wanging on about a frugivore diet nowadays and the likes of Miles are still kissing her arse. The vegan for health (regardless of how they dressed it up at the time) crowd have a lot to answer for.

Reactions: 3
Miles, is that healthy crazy cool or something like that? I unfollowed him a couple of years ago because he seems like a complete nobhead.

Reactions: 1
Yep, that's the one. I was entertained by his nut butter fixation for a while and then got sick of him.

Anyone watch Vegan Geezer a few years ago? He made a lot of ethical vegan content and then did a bizarre switch to family vlogging. Called Family Freedom or something like that now?

Reactions: 1
1631501241969.png

First time posting on this thread but I'm just so bleeping mad and I need to vent about this. Bolsonaro is a bleeping dictator who has brought our country to tit, these people are asking for military intervention because they think they are fighting an invisible communism ghost (as if we were living during the bleeping cold war) and she's sharing it as if they were asking for freedom? Does she even know anything about the world outside of her bubble?
And by the way, poor people got paid to go to this protest because they have no jobs thanks to Bolsonaro' government. Yay, freedom!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Anyone else think that Miles actually eats only one meal per day as he is not exercising at the moment etc? Idk, I just feel like he is hiding something.

Yes, I have always felt Jil strives to be super thin. That's the vibe I would get from all of her old youtube videos.

Yes, I have always felt Jil strives to be super thin. That's the vibe I would get from all of her old youtube videos.
A lot of her Instagram posts are basically thinspo. It's all about how thin she looks and how many bones you can see, whether her face looks good in a photo seems to be secondary for her. And indeed her face looks drawn and wasted in many pictures. I wonder if she would still be able to take stunning modeling shots like she did years ago. And Miles looks so sharp edged and bony, it's sad.

Anyone else think that Miles actually eats only one meal per day as he is not exercising at the moment etc? Idk, I just feel like he is hiding something.
I'm always worried about commenting on these things because you never know what's going on behind the scenes, but I've been feeling worried about Miles too. I used to really like his content and found him refreshingly no-BS and cynically hilarious in the vegan YT space. I've never watched or followed Jill's content but yeah, from what I've seen on Instagram, she seems very problematically ignorant. I'm always also a bit wary when people make a huge show of being obsessed with certain foods or hyperbolically talk about the portions they eat like Miles does with peanut butter, overt fats, fruit, salads, etc. and it makes me wonder if there are any other issues behind the scenes, or if he's struggling with the effect of weaning off medication... Either way I hope he's alright.

Oh God, I've just made the mistake of going over to both of their Insta accounts. They're both looking like their not eating very much. You can hide behind volume quite easily with vegan food. Clicked off Jill's at the point of the menstrual blood facial. I'm all for normalising periods, but WHY!?

Reactions: 6
Anyone noticed that Jason of those vegan guys does this weird sniffing thing where he wrinkles his nose all the time. I find it really annoying!

paul’s last couple of vids are yet more naval gazing.😀Self absorbed arse!
Yes he’s an over reacting, irritable, defensive arse, he’s more than happy to take from subs with their Amazon wish list etc, which is very cheeky, but blocks people for the least little disagreement. He sounds like he smokes 80 a day, so no wonder he has a shadow on his lung, it was probably his bad attitude that got him sacked from his job.

On the other hand Jason is very likeable, he seems like a nice easygoing guy, but Paul is ruining the channel with his negative irritability that will just alienate subs. I also hate Paul’s awful pub singer voice 🤮I used to really like their channel, but Paul’s bad tempered berating and blocking of subs for the least little disagreement over covid etc has just turned me off and I’m double jabbed btw, he seems ungrateful and intolerant, acting like a miserable old nag. I feel sorry for Jason, Paul is obviously a domineering arse.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I’m relieved to see my concerns about Those Vegan Guys being aired here! I want their channel to succeed, I appreciate their down-to-earth approach but like many YouTubers who try to take it on as a “job” it just isn’t relatable any more. Jason seems to work reduced hours and Paul is self employed with a few drag gigs? He wants their channel to be their only job. It is his way or the high way.

Paul very much reminds me of employees that I’ve been involved with in equality law-related employment tribunals and unfortunately he is not very self aware and extremely defensive. Ironic for somebody who espoused the “peace” and “coexist” mantras. I would be frightened to come across with him, and I work in equality and diversity HR! His Covid rants have become quite pathetic and irritating.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Paul is the epitome of 'do as I say and not as I do'. I remember him whinging about other creators not minding their own business, but he's quite happy to drag other people's content. I watched some of the Vegan Queens videos and his ignorance on racial matters is astounding. Him talking about BLM is pure virtue signalling.

Reactions: 4
hey. I made an account just to chat here because I'm also very concerned. I used to follow miles back when he was in a relationship with emma laird (fellow youtuber). I unfollowed him a while ago because his vegan lifestyle is very unattainable, as he eats huge amounts of expensive food etc.

but now the real problem. I've started following jil and noticed that she was very anti biotics, talking about how they were poisonous etc.

a few months later miles had a stomach ulcer and literally felt the need to talk about his decision to take this life saving medicine (antibiotics), probably because of jil. I remember him being in immense pain and them not going to see a doctor til last minute. he could have died.

now I just had a look back at jils instagram and I was shocked at what I found. at least half of her community are holistic anti vaxxers as well who think the pandemic was planned because the government sensed that people were becoming too 'conscious'.

she literally thinks that the vaccine connects us to the 5g network and spreads other misinformation that can easily be debunked, like the claim that the pcr tests cannot differentiate between covid and the regular flu.

I feel sorry for miles friends, I believe jil and his bond is very strong and therefore there isn't a lot that they can do. but omg, miles used to be a clinical dietician, I really don't get the pipeline from trusting medicine to thinking there's an evil plan behind all of it.

Im sure they have a super intimate relationship, but I would like miles to keep his no bullshit attitude and not bow down to "alternative truths" just because he is in love. that's not healthy crazy cool :/

• Sad
Reactions: 9
That's the thing that gets me about Freelee. If it was truly about the animals, as she keeps saying, why keep banging the drum about this ridiculous diet? She's wanging on about a frugivore diet nowadays and the likes of Miles are still kissing her arse. The vegan for health (regardless of how they dressed it up at the time) crowd have a lot to answer for.
Exactly! I feel a lot of "big" vegan youtubers who went back to omnivore diets did so because their experience of veganism was through this limited starch and sugar diet, rather than actually putting animal welfare first. And ofcourse only eating imported tropical fruits and starch isn't going to be sustainable long term. It never took into consideration different climates and incomes.

Ethics wise, one of the red flags was how with the date craze, no one talked about making sure that they were ethically sourced.

Reactions: 4
Agree with everything that’s been said about TVG’s, especially Paul. He really has become a virtue signaling irritating arse.subscribers are utterly cringe as well😂

His rants about covid are embarrassing, as are his wittering on about being the subject of a burglary.! He has mentioned this numerous times it’s just godawful embarrassing.
Also, I’m sure there’s more to his dismissal from his job. I’d love to hear the other side of the story.
😀
I find Jason equally irritating tbh. They both barely work and arse around on the allotment, and making ‘content’ for U tube. What a joke.

They were shooting their mouth off (especially Paul) about not going to a vegan festival cos they were worried about covid.- and lecturing anyone who was going. LMAO, that Jason still got covid. They could have gone to the festival, and lived a little and actually had fun!! At least if they got covid there, they would have been doing something interesting for a change.

I don’t watch the Vegan Queens. I hate drag, and their mate Stuart gives me the creeps!

Reactions: 2