Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I don't know what it is about vegans but so many of them seem to think they're superior to all the non-vegans out there....annoys me so much!
I have been vegan for almost 7 years, and I have to disagree with this. I'm not preachy in anyway shape or form, my partner is French and eats the weirdest and imo most cruel animal products but I let him do his thing and I do mine. But I just really hate when people make out that all vegans are preachy.

There are some preachy vegans. There are more preachy non vegans telling vegans they are going to die from protein deficiency, and forcing meat in their faces and assuming that us not doing something because we think it is best for animals and the planet is somehow an immediate attack on those who don't.

I disagree wholeheartedly with vegans who bring up the topic without question, and try to guilt trip. Everybody's life is different and it is much easier for certain people to be vegan than others. I do however respect those who make facts clear WHEN non-vegans attack them. Trust me, it happens a lot.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Millennial Pink

VIP Member
Why does Youtube attract so many of these woo-woo vegans who end up as conspiracy theorists or drinking their own piss or something? I don't know any vegans like that in IRL, we're just sort of... normal.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23

Super_Berry

VIP Member
Ahaha yes, I used to watch her for a laugh. Was shocked when she did a complete 180 degrees and became an extreme meat eater. I haven't looked up on what she's up to in recent times though.
She's not a life coach well as much as she claims to be. Charges people a fortune to do a course called confidence mastery or something like that.

I used to love her before but she keeps changing so much it's hard to believe any one it was genuine.

I personally hate all these vegans who give us vegans a bad name. Most of the ones who went back to eating meat never had a balanced diet in the first place.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Lionsden

VIP Member
Miles uploaded a Q&A video in which he basically says he doesn't watch the news, doesn't believe mainstream media, and will never believe anything he hears on the news again. He advises others to "stay true" to themselves and trust their intuition. He claims the current situation is not about a virus and protecting people from it. He claims not to be a conspiracy theorist but a "grounded, level-headed" person. He "believes what he believes" and claims that freedom of speech is taken away at the moment. The way he uses his platform for this bullshit makes me sick. He denies scientific observation and probably believes all that trash Jil shared on her Instagram (she reposted the worst of the worst, really crass misinformation and blatant lies). And he's so smug. I'm worried people will believe him. He gets a lot of affirmation in the comments, although there are a few rational comments as well. And he looks bad with his hair. I remember years ago, when Jil said she wanted to stop lightening her hair because it was unnatural and toxic, and now she is encouraging Miles to bleach his hair regularly because she doesn't want to have a dark haired boyfriend. They both make me sick.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 11

ShadesMint

Handling and cooking animal products is basically condoning animal exploitation and abuse. I understand that it's tricky when those close to you are not vegan, but it's still hard to understand why you would do this. If you kill an animal but don't eat it yourself, you still killed it.
I'm still vegan though. I've been with my partner a long time, we both have very busy lifestyles, if for the 1 meal we eat together a day is protein with veg, and I can cook a chicken breast for him, then I will. He often shares my vegan meals because he genuinely likes them, and ofc that's easier. I have made the decision to be vegan for myself, I wouldn't dream of forcing it on my partner.

Reactions: 11

oshare

VIP Member
I don't think we should judge either other's life choices too much when it comes to veganism and how to other people handle social settings. Everybody is different and I'm sure everybody is doing the best they can.
I also know vegans who buy meat and other animal products for their partner, because they say if they don't their partner will and they share a bank account it's just a different person picking it up. Or when you pizza and one person wants pizza with salami for example, would you just leave it at the door so that the partner can pick it up themselves?
I understand it's different than actually cooking it up, but I understand that when living together with non-vegans lines can get a bit blurry and sometimes it's just not worth it to make a fuss about every single detail.

As I said before, a lot of us are not able to do this, but I do think we shouldn't judge vegans who do things we wouldn't do too harshly. I think that by sticking up for animals we shouldn't put each other down but rather listen to each other and listen to their choices and why. We can learn from each other. I think within the vegan community there is a lot of judgement and almost a competition of who is the most vegan and who does it better.

Please note I'm not calling out anyone specifically here (I understand it may look like it, but honestly I'm not!).

I think @ShadesMint is doing a lot and has found a way to incorporate veganism into their life with a non-vegan partner and I think we need to keep in mind that living with non-vegans is not always easy and I respect couples who have found ways to respect each other's life choices.

I am interested though, @ShadesMint , how is it for you living with someone who does not share your beliefs and your morals? Personally when I lived with my non-vegan family I thought it was incredibly difficult. I kept feeling anger, intense sadness and also a lot of internal conflict between wanting to say something but also wanting to respect their life choices. How do you navigate that? Especially when you feel comfortable even cooking meat for your partner? Do you just switch of that part of your brain? Because I even felt uncomfortable seeing cooked meat on the stove. All I could see was a dead cow laying there cooked up. Not good for the mental health. Do you not suffer from it mentally?

I know it sounds very close-minded but I just can't picture myself in a relationship with a non-vegan. Vegetarian would be okay (just not in my house), but that is where I draw the line. What I seek in a partner is a shared view on things like this, things that make me who I am.

I am interested to hear what other people here think about this? Let's have an open conversation?

• Heart
Reactions: 10

everydaylimbo

re: miles and jil

you guys... jil has been liking posts about the queen being the reptilian overlord. i truly CANNOT fathom how the spiritual community is SOOOO intertwined with the ultra crazies/ conspiracy theorists (of course millions are also dying from the vaccine and the gov is simply hiding it). oh and apparently she and miles were a couple in atlantis and some dark power caused atlantis to sink which she learned because she talked directly to said dark power. i am actually beyond speechless that miles who comes from a really medical family (as in, almost everyone in his family works in the medical field) somehow just abandoned common sense and believes all of this (he has said that he 100% agrees with jil on everything)
in his newest video he also talks about how he hates people who work as online coaches, eXcEpT jil of course. some reasons include that coaches will lure people by saying something like "if you pay for this its an energy exchange and you will attract greater things." from personally following jil i can say that she has done this exact thing, just worded it slightly different. she also has pretty much everything behind a paywall which is something i cant get behind. like im all for people earning money but serving the white rich community doesnt seem very forward thinking or inclusive

• Haha
  • Sad
I think Jil just wanted to be thin. She worked as a model for a while, so maybe some of the pressure came from that. She actually didn't get her period for many years but, apparently, it came back at some point.
No period for 'many years' means not enough oestrogen in your body to perform all the normal protective tasks, let alone keep your fertility. She's 99% likely to have the bones of an post-menopausal, old woman, thin and brittle, and other associated internal damage. Once you lose your period and do nothing to regain it ie. gain enough fat to menstruate, you need not to be out in public pushing any diet, because anything you're pushing is fuelled by your own disordered thoughts and frankly insane priorities.

I truly hate the fact that YT is full of these idiots pushing malnutrition under the guise of being healthy and girls fall for it because they want to look thin and pretty too. Doesn't matter if it's veganism or omnivore, these people ultimately have zero qualifications or business telling anybody how to eat and no knowledge worth a shit about the human body. Most of them have profound mental issues that disqualifies them from giving anyone advice. They clearly just rely on their looks to influence their very gullible viewers, who connect those looks to whatever form of picky eating they're obsessed with.

it's very interesting to me how many stupid, uneducated women make a living pushing utter garbage diets because young girls can't see past the genetically blessed faces or family wealth that allows them to fuck about with certain luxury lifestyles.

• Heart

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
Freelee is another subject entirely - she's a really unpleasant specimen. I was hardly surprised to see a video on why she doesn't support the BLM movement, vile creature she is

• Wow
  • Sad

AshMay

VIP Member
Anyone else here ever dealing with this? People blaming all your life problems on you being vegan?
Yes I think vegans end up being subject to so much unnecessary scrutiny and are expected to be the perfect picture of health, and anything less is blamed on the diet. It's always the people with awful diets themselves who are most vocal as well!

• Heart
Reactions: 9

chocolate choux

VIP Member
I used to back when I was vegan. Occasionally I still watch Unnatural Vegan for her video responses (and science), just had a look at her YouTube and saw she did video about BLM which is going to be a mess 🤦🏻‍♀️ dare I watch?

Can’t believe Freelee is supposedly living off grid in the jungle now! Well, I can because she’s always been ‘out there’ and it seems like she’s not actually living off grid. She’s a pretty nasty person but I remember the drama when she broke up with Durianrider and everyone was briefly on her side

Who was the girl that went on raw till 4 / banana diet only to gain a shit ton of weight? Freelee would keep encouraging her by saying it was normal to gain weight as your body detoxes or something. She went to Chiang Mai and met Freelee / Durian, was into cycling. I think she was Belgian? I wonder what happened to her

I remember the Vegan Cheetah, his videos were enjoyable at first but he became the one of biggest drama queens in the community. Seems he’s fallen off the face of the Earth now?

The whole Freelee / Get Upset Girls drama was pretty big. Then the girls turned on each other because one was jealous and they both made videos like they’d split up

Of course not forgetting the former vegan Nikocado Avocado. He’s... a lot. Like he’s done incredibly well for himself in terms of growing his following / view count but at what cost 🤦🏻‍♀️

everydaylimbo

hey. I made an account just to chat here because I'm also very concerned. I used to follow miles back when he was in a relationship with emma laird (fellow youtuber). I unfollowed him a while ago because his vegan lifestyle is very unattainable, as he eats huge amounts of expensive food etc.

but now the real problem. I've started following jil and noticed that she was very anti biotics, talking about how they were poisonous etc.

a few months later miles had a stomach ulcer and literally felt the need to talk about his decision to take this life saving medicine (antibiotics), probably because of jil. I remember him being in immense pain and them not going to see a doctor til last minute. he could have died.

now I just had a look back at jils instagram and I was shocked at what I found. at least half of her community are holistic anti vaxxers as well who think the pandemic was planned because the government sensed that people were becoming too 'conscious'.

she literally thinks that the vaccine connects us to the 5g network and spreads other misinformation that can easily be debunked, like the claim that the pcr tests cannot differentiate between covid and the regular flu.

I feel sorry for miles friends, I believe jil and his bond is very strong and therefore there isn't a lot that they can do. but omg, miles used to be a clinical dietician, I really don't get the pipeline from trusting medicine to thinking there's an evil plan behind all of it.

Im sure they have a super intimate relationship, but I would like miles to keep his no bullshit attitude and not bow down to "alternative truths" just because he is in love. that's not healthy crazy cool :/

• Sad

opal73

VIP Member
I don't know what it is about vegans but so many of them seem to think they're superior to all the non-vegans out there....annoys me so much!
I agree, there are some good ones out there that respect that not everyone’s vegan but too many come off as super sanctimonious and preachy. Then there are all those that fake it because they just want to be trendy.

The only vegan channel I like is Pick Up Limes, so well done and some great recipes whether or not you’re a vegan.

CalatheaLater

Chatty Member
when did the unnatural vegan thing happen? so disappointing as she seemed very sensible
She also tried to defend That Vegan teacher's racism in a roundabout way by equating homophobia to veganphobia becuase you can "choose to not be in a same sex relationship if you are gay" which is just so many layers of messed up

• Wow
  • Sad

Lionsden

VIP Member
Okay, Miles is definitely anti-vax. His partner, Jil Zeletzki, has gone completely off the deep end, sharing conspiracy theories in her instagram stories. Miles went off some long term medication last year. At first I thought, great, but now I wonder if that was perhaps ill advised. Jil seems to believe that your body always knows best, and you can judge from the vibe someone gives you if their advice is sound. I think she's a bad influence. She's totally kooky and unscientific, and, apparently, also dumb as fuck. What a shame. I understand that Miles is happy to finally be shagging his youtube crush, but this is really bad.

• Sad
  • Wow

Lionsden

VIP Member
This thumbnail is so creepy lmaooo
Damn used to really like him but he got so annoying :(

View attachment 978417
His chin couldn't get anymore pointy. I was going to say, Miles was so wholesome a couple of years ago. But when I look at his channel now, I can't remember what I used to like about him. He's so full of himself. He's far too obnoxious for someone who claims to be on a path of healing and self-development. Where are his empathy and kindness? He's just snarky, passive-aggressive, and rude. But he would block anyone who gave him a dose of his own medicine.

• Heart

Millennial Pink

VIP Member
I know it sounds very close-minded but I just can't picture myself in a relationship with a non-vegan. Vegetarian would be okay (just not in my house), but that is where I draw the line. What I seek in a partner is a shared view on things like this, things that make me who I am.

I am interested to hear what other people here think about this? Let's have an open conversation?
I was of the same mindset before I got together with my omni partner many years ago. I'm quite a moderate vegan by the community's standards and believe in changing people's minds and behaviours more gently, mainly through sharing food and having non-judgemental conversations. Obviously lots of people respond to a more militant approach, but I certainly wasn't one of them when I still ate meat. I don't think your choice/view is 'wrong' in any way, it's completely understandable.

The reality is, there was not a lot of vegan or vegetarian single people in my area to date in the first place, and relationships are so much more nuanced than having shared beliefs on something like veganism. My partner eats meat, but he's also one of the most caring people I know, always willing to go out of his way to make sure others are ok. Over the years, he started eating far more vegan meals, mainly due to my influence. He is now interested in trying new vegan foods and going to completely vegan restaurants.

I think it will become more complicated when we eventually move in together. I don't love the idea of having animal products in my fridge, and shared finances mean that some of my money could end up being spent on them. I don't believe that you can force someone to become vegan, it's something they have to come around to themselves. Frankly, I don't think he will become vegan but it doesn't particularly matter to me. I find myself more focused on activism at a policy level now, such as working to end animal subsidies and making sure public places like hospitals have a vegan option to choose in the first place.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Marj24

VIP Member
I eat mainly plant based so am always looking for inspiration. I like Cheap Lazy Vegan, The Happy Pear and The Avante Garde Vegan

Lionsden

VIP Member
I can. It's not shocking to me. He always had a lot of medicine/herb(ish) issues. So i'm not surprised. His recklessness is surprising though. But at least he's open about it, I think that's brave. It's not easy to admit you're a fucking idiot. But it also means he wasn't honest before about him losing weight was only because he stopped medication. Like yeahhhh but also because you started taking dangerous crap stuff.
With his huge anti-vax and i-know-better-than-anyone-else stance, is this really unbelievable?

Agreed.
I don't think we can look up his creditials, but he said he worked in a hospital I believe? I do think he's educated, but I don't know how/where/how much. I don't want to discredit him without looking into it and I don't know how to.
His credentials are worthless if he jeopardises a client's / patient's health by telling them (for example) to not get vaccinated, or to take some weird untested plant extract. The Covid-19 pandemic has shown that even highly specialized, reputable experts sometimes believe the biggest BS. Miles also disqualified himself by basically being a pothead. All this time he and Jil were acting holier-than-thou, talking about their spiritual growth, when actually they were just getting stoned every day. It's so embarrassing.