Vegans and Ex-vegans

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not sure how I feel about those vegan guys. Sometimes I laugh and other times I'm just annoyed 😂 I'm not really interested in the allotment stuff.

Reactions: 4
I'm not sure how I feel about those vegan guys. Sometimes I laugh and other times I'm just annoyed 😂 I'm not really interested in the allotment stuff.
Not remotely interested in the gardening stuff! TBH, I find them more and more irritating as time goes on, and increasing grabby.

Reactions: 3
Veganism unfortunately attracts a lot of people with pre-existing EDs because it's very restrictive and has a reputation (not always earned) as being the best for weight loss or control. Freelee, who is batshit insane, was seriously anorexic before she invented her batshit insane 'vegan' banana diarrhoea diet. Fancy, a person who is obsessed with being very very thin, inventing a laxative fruit diet that causes bowel purging. Shock!

It doesn't shock me either that so many vegan YTers turned to other batshit diets, like going full bore carnivore, raw meat-eating, total plant-hating, fibre- eschewing stuff. One, it's extremism and outrage that drives the algorithm and gets the clicks. Secondly, people looking for diets as cure-alls tend to bounce from one extreme and restrictive option to the next over the years. I know someone like this IRL. Years of bowel issues, probably some form of IBS, and she has gone from growing her own beansprouts ethical and health-obsessed vegan to full on raw milk-obsessed, raw meat eating, plant hater in the past three years since following some carnivore loons on YT and now claims the all-meat diet is the only one for all humanity and all disease is caused by wrong diet, specifically plant-based ones. She tends to extremist positions on everything though, so it's simply a reflection of how she deals with reality, needing tight little boxes to feel secure. People with this mindset seem to always need a highly prescribed, prescriptive diet that is 100% out of tune with mainstream food cultures to feel special and secure for some reason. It's a cultish mindset. Food and diet as defining social identity.
Miles had a pretty good (vegan) diet for years. He ate mainly whole foods in sufficient amounts, paid attention to nutrients, and looked great. It's only since Jil showed up that things started to change. Miles said, it was due to medication-withdrawal that he lost so much weight. He still seems to eat well, but I don't watch him regularly and we can only see what he shows us. Jil followed a very fruit-based diet for years. She has the type of body that carries weight on the thighs and hips. It took years for her to lose the last traces of fat from those areas and I think she achieved this with a diet extremely low in fat and protein. But I'm only speculating. She's a beautiful woman but I think her lifestyle has aged her skin prematurely (she suntans a lot, too). Again, Miles used to look amazing (he's older than Jil, but looks like the younger of the two) and used to eat plenty of good fats and protein. Now, I find him emaciated and dangerously thin. I'm worried that their relationship is not as healthy as they claim.
The vegans I know in real life are all pretty normal. They are vegan for the animals and / or the environment and they eat normal food in normal amounts. The only freaks I have seen are on Youtube.

Reactions: 6
She has the type of body that carries weight on the thighs and hips. It took years for her to lose the last traces of fat from those areas and I think she achieved this with a diet extremely low in fat and protein. But I'm only speculating.
A diet low in fat and protein sounds like basic malnutrition to me.

As for shredding off the last bits of fat, women need a healthy body fat percentage to maintain and regulate oestrogen, not to mention the pear shape is the healthiest way for the body to store fat.

The vegans I know in real life are all pretty normal. They are vegan for the animals and / or the environment and they eat normal food in normal amounts. The only freaks I have seen are on Youtube.
Yeah, YT content inevitably veers to the extreme. Even if they start normal-ish, they will end up rewarded with clicks for the more outlandish content and start replicating it. It's something that happens in every content area. But YT food and dietary weirdos are a special breed altogether and it's horrifying that people like Freelee and women who are essentially modelling malnutrition are somehow rewarded for it by the algorithm.

Reactions: 5
A diet low in fat and protein sounds like basic malnutrition to me.

As for shredding off the last bits of fat, women need a healthy body fat percentage to maintain and regulate oestrogen, not to mention the pear shape is the healthiest way for the body to store fat.
I think Jil just wanted to be thin. She worked as a model for a while, so maybe some of the pressure came from that. She actually didn't get her period for many years but, apparently, it came back at some point.

Miles had a pretty good (vegan) diet for years. He ate mainly whole foods in sufficient amounts, paid attention to nutrients, and looked great. It's only since Jil showed up that things started to change. Miles said, it was due to medication-withdrawal that he lost so much weight. He still seems to eat well, but I don't watch him regularly and we can only see what he shows us. Jil followed a very fruit-based diet for years. She has the type of body that carries weight on the thighs and hips. It took years for her to lose the last traces of fat from those areas and I think she achieved this with a diet extremely low in fat and protein. But I'm only speculating. She's a beautiful woman but I think her lifestyle has aged her skin prematurely (she suntans a lot, too). Again, Miles used to look amazing (he's older than Jil, but looks like the younger of the two) and used to eat plenty of good fats and protein. Now, I find him emaciated and dangerously thin. I'm worried that their relationship is not as healthy as they claim.
I hadn't followed Miles for ages and just checked his instagram, he looks so gaunt, very worrying

• Sad
I hadn't followed Miles for ages and just checked his instagram, he looks so gaunt, very worrying
I just watched his latest video. They had a couple of treats from a raw vegan bakery, but aside from that - only fruits, nuts / seeds, and vegetables. I love raw foods in the summer as well, but Jil and Miles seem to be eating no grains or pulses at all. This might be okay for someone who is trying to lose some weight, but not for people who are already super skinny. But, of course, that's their choice. Miles has eaten healthily for so long, I want to give him the benefit of the doubt. But it doesn't look so good. And I know Jil has a history of disordered eating.

I just watched his latest video. They had a couple of treats from a raw vegan bakery, but aside from that - only fruits, nuts / seeds, and vegetables. I love raw foods in the summer as well, but Jil and Miles seem to be eating no grains or pulses at all. This might be okay for someone who is trying to lose some weight, but not for people who are already super skinny. But, of course, that's their choice. Miles has eaten healthily for so long, I want to give him the benefit of the doubt. But it doesn't look so good. And I know Jil has a history of disordered eating.
Didn;t miles also have an eating disorder before he became vegan? I might be confusing him with someone else but I thought he had

Reactions: 4
I think Jil just wanted to be thin. She worked as a model for a while, so maybe some of the pressure came from that. She actually didn't get her period for many years but, apparently, it came back at some point.
No period for 'many years' means not enough oestrogen in your body to perform all the normal protective tasks, let alone keep your fertility. She's 99% likely to have the bones of an post-menopausal, old woman, thin and brittle, and other associated internal damage. Once you lose your period and do nothing to regain it ie. gain enough fat to menstruate, you need not to be out in public pushing any diet, because anything you're pushing is fuelled by your own disordered thoughts and frankly insane priorities.

I truly hate the fact that YT is full of these idiots pushing malnutrition under the guise of being healthy and girls fall for it because they want to look thin and pretty too. Doesn't matter if it's veganism or omnivore, these people ultimately have zero qualifications or business telling anybody how to eat and no knowledge worth a tit about the human body. Most of them have profound mental issues that disqualifies them from giving anyone advice. They clearly just rely on their looks to influence their very gullible viewers, who connect those looks to whatever form of picky eating they're obsessed with.

it's very interesting to me how many stupid, uneducated women make a living pushing utter garbage diets because young girls can't see past the genetically blessed faces or family wealth that allows them to duck about with certain luxury lifestyles.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
No period for 'many years' means not enough oestrogen in your body to perform all the normal protective tasks, let alone keep your fertility. She's 99% likely to have the bones of an post-menopausal, old woman, thin and brittle, and other associated internal damage. Once you lose your period and do nothing to regain it ie. gain enough fat to menstruate, you need not to be out in public pushing any diet, because anything you're pushing is fuelled by your own disordered thoughts and frankly insane priorities.

I truly hate the fact that YT is full of these idiots pushing malnutrition under the guise of being healthy and girls fall for it because they want to look thin and pretty too. Doesn't matter if it's veganism or omnivore, these people ultimately have zero qualifications or business telling anybody how to eat and no knowledge worth a tit about the human body. Most of them have profound mental issues that disqualifies them from giving anyone advice. They clearly just rely on their looks to influence their very gullible viewers, who connect those looks to whatever form of picky eating they're obsessed with.

it's very interesting to me how many stupid, uneducated women make a living pushing utter garbage diets because young girls can't see past the genetically blessed faces or family wealth that allows them to duck about with certain luxury lifestyles.
Totally agree, I am glad youtube wasn't a big thing when I was growing up, I had enough issues with food as it was ,I dread to think what could have happened had I had these influences, I really wish youtube would put in more controls on content like this

• Heart
Miles had a pretty good (vegan) diet for years. He ate mainly whole foods in sufficient amounts, paid attention to nutrients, and looked great. It's only since Jil showed up that things started to change. Miles said, it was due to medication-withdrawal that he lost so much weight. He still seems to eat well, but I don't watch him regularly and
Thought exactly the same thing. It was so obvious!
The latest vlog has Paul trying to justify the go fund me. By the looks of the down voting. there’s a few people not convinced. He seems to be very touchy when asked why he doesn’t work😌

Reactions: 1
Didn;t miles also have an eating disorder before he became vegan? I might be confusing him with someone else but I thought he had
Yeah he did, it's probably sneaked up on him and got him again from the looks of things

• Sad
Reactions: 2
It's such a shame as Miles was one of the refreshing voices calling out the bullshit of the high carb low fat/raw/heavily restrictive diets and before jil he seemed to be seeing friends and eating out normally etc. Hope he is doing well and not restricting, he does look very thin these days.

I remember Miles used to be friends with Brianna Jackson/Jackfruitson - don't know if anyone else has been following her but it's been a wild ride. From vegan, to vegan with an ed, to vegan swapping her ed for training (but looking like maybe she'd found an OK balance), to meat-eating, training-obsessed and extremely-lean. I hope she can find a balance.

She had a thread actually, but she's gone offline for long periods of time so it hasn't been very active. https://tattle.life/threads/brianna-jackson.4352/

Last edited:
It's such a shame as Miles was one of the refreshing voices calling out the bullshit of the high carb low fat/raw/heavily restrictive diets and before jil he seemed to be seeing friends and eating out normally etc. Hope he is doing well and not restricting, he does look very thin these days.
I agree, I always appreciated him for that. I'm glad he has found someone and is happy, he was single for a very long time as far as I know. But I'm not sure Jil is good for him in all areas. They see their connection as really deep and cosmic and they seem to base their lives around their sexual relationship and eating fruit together. I don't even think Jil is working and earning her own money anymore. It's really weird.

Reactions: 5
I followed so many vegan youtubers back in 2015-16. Man they brainwashed me. Brianna Jackson, Fruitarian Elle, Freelee and Harley :sick:, the unnatural vegan (kinda liked her), Rawvana, Fully Raw Kristina etc..

Brianna and Elle stopped being vegan, gained a tonne of weight, admitted that veganism was just to cover up their ED (duh) and then proceed to be pretty absent off social media and still likely struggling with their EDs. Don't think Rawvana is vegan either. Freelee has become even more bonkers.
I can't believe I went vegan because of these guys, and actually seriously considered going over to Chiang Mai. I got so obsessed with it - such a cult.

Anyone know what happened to Julia Boer?!?! Remember her the drama with her!? She totally worshipped freelee and harley, she was so young. They fucked her up so bad (she gained 50kg on the 'raw till 4' diet) but she was hella annoying.

2021-06-17 (3).png

I followed so many vegan youtubers back in 2015-16. Man they brainwashed me. Brianna Jackson, Fruitarian Elle, Freelee and Harley :sick:, the unnatural vegan (kinda liked her), Rawvana, Fully Raw Kristina etc..

Brianna and Elle stopped being vegan, gained a tonne of weight, admitted that veganism was just to cover up their ED (duh) and then proceed to be pretty absent off social media and still likely struggling with their EDs. Don't think Rawvana is vegan either. Freelee has become even more bonkers.
I can't believe I went vegan because of these guys, and actually seriously considered going over to Chiang Mai. I got so obsessed with it - such a cult.

Anyone know what happened to Julia Boer?!?! Remember her the drama with her!? She totally worshipped freelee and harley, she was so young. They fucked her up so bad (she gained 50kg on the 'raw till 4' diet) but she was hella annoying.

View attachment 621264
I've not followed her recently, but Brianna has since become very preoccupied with the gym and has in the past posted photos of herself looking (probably unhealthily) lean.

Unnatural Vegan went full anti-BLM and started making super questionable content last year. The only one who has literally remained the same is Kristina- she still makes huge portions of raw food (although she does eat more protein now, there does look to be more balance in her FDOE videos)

I've not followed her recently, but Brianna has since become very preoccupied with the gym and has in the past posted photos of herself looking (probably unhealthily) lean.
She has a thread, but it's dead because she's gone offline again.

Yeah I stopped following unnatural vegan a while ago because yikes.

Also those vegan guys, the go fund me was to buy a drone? Are they serious! I can’t believe anyone would donate to that.