Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've yet to find decent tasting vegan cheese. The Violife is absolutely horrendous & same goes for the cheese sold in Veganic (for those in Dublin).

Milk: Alpro, Sojade, Oatly
Yogurt: Koko (nice, but too creamy for my taste) & Alpro - I also tasted Galberts' lemon cheesecake - wouldn't recommend at all.
Plant-based "meat": Denny's has a great range (burgers & mince); Quorn for chicken and ham style slices; Dunnes also sells plant-based bacon (can't remember the brand). About a year or so ago, M&S changed the recipe for their burgers, they're not as good anymore. Not a huge fan of the M&S range aside from the pigs in a blanket and maybe those chili sausages.
Veganaise: Hellaman's is the best for sure - tastes like mayonnaise.
Cheese sauce: Sacla - won't buy it again, unless it's for lasagna. It really has an odd taste.

I need to find these M&S Fishless goujons - never saw them anywhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I've yet to find decent tasting vegan cheese. The Violife is absolutely horrendous & same goes for the cheese sold in Veganic (for those in Dublin).

Milk: Alpro, Sojade, Oatly
Yogurt: Koko (nice, but too creamy for my taste) & Alpro - I also tasted Galberts' lemon cheesecake - wouldn't recommend at all.
Plant-based "meat": Denny's has a great range (burgers & mince); Quorn for chicken and ham style slices; Dunnes also sells plant-based bacon (can't remember the brand). About a year or so ago, M&S changed the recipe for their burgers, they're not as good anymore. Not a huge fan of the M&S range aside from the pigs in a blanket and maybe those chili sausages.
Veganaise: Hellaman's is the best for sure - tastes like mayonnaise.
Cheese sauce: Sacla - won't buy it again, unless it's for lasagna. It really has an odd taste.

I need to find these M&S Fishless goujons - never saw them anywhere.
My go to vegan cheeses are the Mexicana, Applewood and Koko. I’m yet to find a nice vegan cream cheese!

Which violife have you tried? I only like the lighter coloured one, the mature/epic I didn't like

Reactions: 1
Which violife have you tried? I only like the lighter coloured one, the mature/epic I didn't like
I tried the lighter slices (both smoked and natural), the grated mozzarella, the smoked favor block and the cream cheese. I'd say the natural is probably the worst of them all. I could never imagine having this in a sandwich. Maybe it's just me, but it still doesn't replicate the taste of cheese.

My go to vegan cheeses are the Mexicana, Applewood and Koko. I’m yet to find a nice vegan cream cheese!
Have you tried Nush cream cheese? The plain one is great in both savoury and sweet dishes! I like it spread on rye bread with cucumbers, olives and sauerkraut, and it's also good stirred into vegan mac & cheese. I like the Applewood cheese too, but Tesco's own brand jalapeno & cheddar, and their smoked cheese, are my favourite vegan cheeses on the market. Not a fan of Violife either.

• Heart
Have you tried Nush cream cheese? The plain one is great in both savoury and sweet dishes! I like it spread on rye bread with cucumbers, olives and sauerkraut, and it's also good stirred into vegan mac & cheese. I like the Applewood cheese too, but Tesco's own brand jalapeno & cheddar, and their smoked cheese, are my favourite vegan cheeses on the market. Not a fan of Violife either.
Ohhh I’ve not tried the Nush ones, I’ll have to keep an eye out for them ☺

Can I just say I really really love the Higgedy Kitchen ‘sausage’ rolls - they’re mushroom and miso flavoured with seaweed on top, they’re beautiful, really flaky pastry and the same texture of a sausage roll. The others in the range sound beautiful too - vegetable samosas. They’re not a vegan company per se but I’ve only ever seen their vegan and veggie range in supermarkets.

Reactions: 2
For anyone who needs a lunch to grab a lunch when out and about or is back to working in an office, interesting video here:

Reactions: 2
Finally got my hands on the Quorn peri peri strips - will report in due course. They're currently £2.50 in my local Sainsbury's so couldn't resist.

The White Rabbit vegan pizzas are amazing, coconut collaborative ice lollies are lush as are vegan magnums- omg!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.