Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw this today and thought you guys might be interested in it. I'm a very new vegetarian, with plans to move into a vegan over time. I don't eat out ever but I guess chefs working harder to come up with new tasty ideas can't be a bad thing. At least new recipes will filter down to manufacturers and blogs?

https://www.theguardian.com/food/20...-silent-battle-between-vegetarians-and-vegans
I only got a few paragraphs into that but I don't have enough eye rolls in me for it! 😂

But yes restaurants need to do better if they're only offering one meat free option. I find most places have a decent selection now though and cheese could always be added if you ask I'm sure.

Reactions: 2
My boyfriend got a new job at co op! So we tried the incredible burgers as he can get them for a lower price hahaha. It’s about £2 for a pack of 2 but they were so lovely!
Is that the Gro burgers? They are so tasty. My favourite plant burger yet 😋

Reactions: 1
I saw this today and thought you guys might be interested in it. I'm a very new vegetarian, with plans to move into a vegan over time. I don't eat out ever but I guess chefs working harder to come up with new tasty ideas can't be a bad thing. At least new recipes will filter down to manufacturers and blogs?

https://www.theguardian.com/food/20...-silent-battle-between-vegetarians-and-vegans
I never realised how anti vegan some vegetarians can be until I was on the Quorn FB page last year and they had a post asking for people to post what they would like to see in the shops, someone mentioned vegan mince and it turned into a huge cluster duck about eggs. So yeah, I'd well believe this.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I'm cutting out sugar ATM but these are new in at Aldi and look yummy
IMG_20210520_173841.jpg

Reactions: 7
I didn't see them, are they with the biscuits or middle aisle? Home bargins did a flapjack type one ages ago and asda do a nice one too
Yes, biscuits and chocolates. They very new (we go to Aldi every 10 days or so?) and they didn't have them the last time. Our Aldi is very well stocked and seems to have all the new stuff in quickly though.
(For myself I purchased the No Chicken Kievs and some mushroom burgers. Second time having the kievs and they're sooo good. Had them with new potatoes with dill and a side salad (a fridge-clearout type of salad). Will report on the burgers in the next few days).
1621623871742.png

Also, I probably mentioned before, but this white choc is pretty yummy too! I am not having any at the moment but got 2 bars for a friend who likes it but can't get to an Aldi.
1621623967126.png

Reactions: 5
oh my goodness. They’ve been in aldi a few times and the flapjack ones are like actual CRACK!! I’ll have to get myself down there for some!
LOL then I must be right to be avoiding them 😂
Aldi's non-vegan cookies are lush too so I am not surprised that they managed to make some nice vegan ones too!

Reactions: 1
Screenshot_20210523-204357_Instagram.jpg
anyone tried the new brewdog vegan cheeseburger? Looks incredible! I'm booking in for my bday next week 🤪

• Wow
Reactions: 4
10/10 would recommend the Strong Roots range, particularly the pumpkin & spinach burgers 👌

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.