Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
10/10 would recommend the Strong Roots range, particularly the pumpkin & spinach burgers 👌
I like those and the cauliflower hash browns. I usually only buy when they are on offer, have you tried their veggie fingers?

Reactions: 2
I like those and the cauliflower hash browns. I usually only buy when they are on offer, have you tried their veggie fingers?
I love the strong roots range.. The cauliflower has browns and the spinach bites are a must have in our freezer.. We get them when on offer too

Reactions: 1
Could anyone recommend the best mince? My 10 year old has decided to go vegetarian and we’re doing it all together to support him. Not a fan of Quorn mince. I like Vivera but it’s too expensive to feed 4. What’s the Meatless Farm one like?

Could anyone recommend the best mince? My 10 year old has decided to go vegetarian and we’re doing it all together to support him. Not a fan of Quorn mince. I like Vivera but it’s too expensive to feed 4. What’s the Meatless Farm one like?
I've only tried the Quorn and Tesco's own brand, which is completely fine if seasoned well/used with sauce!

The Meatless Farm one is good! That's my go-to mince for shepherd's pie and bolognese.

Has anyone tried the new Wicked Kitchen-Beyond Meal frozen meal range? Couldn't find it in my local Tesco today.

Much as I like beyond meat, the wicked kitchen stuff I've found to be overwhelmingly disappointing!
Mmm I get what you mean... I like the Spicy Smoky Mac instant pots and the margherita sourdough pizza is lush. The jalapeno cheese burger patties and the spinach ravioli are also staples in my house. I think their vanilla ice cream is possibly better than Swedish Glace, especially for the price. But not the biggest fan of their other ready meals. Granted, I haven't tried that many of them, but I found the butternut squash Wicked Mac too rich/stodgy and the bolognese and gunpowder masala rice a bit underwhelming. I did like their cinnamon buns, though. I guess there's a lot of hype around the range on social media isn't there! I do appreciate that they put out more interesting meals and flavour combinations but it's a hit-and-miss for sure.

The meatless farm one was recommended to me on here after my favourite naked glory one was discontinued and it is really nice for bolognese/lasagne. Going to asda tomorrow so hopefully I can pick up the richmond mince and meatballs and see what they're like!

No I've only tried the burgers but will try them if/when they're on offer!

Yes, I had a bag a couple of weeks ago. Didn't taste any different really but my god they were chewy!
Oh good, they're the one thing I've always missed!

Just a ransom one, Oato milk from milk and more is amazing and in glass bottles too. I still buy oatly for tea but we use the oato now for cerea and coffees.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Just a ransom one, Oato milk from milk and more is amazing and in glass bottles too. I still buy oatly for tea but we use the oato now for cerea and coffees.
Oato is the most delicious oat milk I've tried so far. We had a milkman (my chap is not vegan or plant based) but they didn't show up a couple of times so we cancelled 😭

Does anyone out there do a nice canned veggie chilli? Was buying the Amy’s kitchen one when on offer but can’t see it anymore. It was good for a very quick meal, with yogurt, grated cheese and chopped tomatoes on top. Served with plain tortilla chips.
I do quite often make my own and freeze it in portions.

I’ve seen a recipe at Framed Cooks for a hot dog chilli casserole which looks easy to veg’ise with the many meat free hot dogs out there. It needs flour tortillas, canned chilli and cheese.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.