Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

StrattyNeet

Tesco had pork pies too.

What sandwich fillers do you make? X
I make a combination of mashed chickpeas, ground nori sheets ( dried seaweed used in sushi) chopped red onions some Dijon mustard Mayo (cheap own brand is good enough) a small tin of corn some lemon juice and salt. It’s a vegan imitation of tuna and sweet corn. I eat it in jacket potatoes especially sweet potatoes with coleslaw. Fabulous.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 10

no-no

VIP Member
Just spent £40 in m&s 🤦‍♀️ so much plant kitchen stuff.
What did you get? I want to go at the end of the week when I’ve made room in the fridge 😬 I heard their new pepperoni pizza is really good.

People everywhere moaning about plant-based options like there’s a hostile takeover going on. We’re only just getting a vegan Philadelphia option, calm down 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9

Lunamoon22

VIP Member
5a3c3910-4aa8-44f5-9cba-25a1abca7ebb-616286.jpg

Tried this today, I actually really enjoyed it!

Although I wouldn't call it a Kiev... More like a satay ....parcel? I dunno. I like my Kiev's chunky 🤣

The protein amount is quite good too, 14g for one Kiev

RECOMMENDED 👍🏻

Reactions: 9

HanB33

I've been doing alot more research into veganism because I want to stay in this mindset I'm in currently and not slip up with dairy/treats and just the surface alone for why we should be vegan is amazing. It's so sad alot of people dont just take 2 mins of their day to read up on the benefits of it. We are all so programmed into eating meat and thinking nothing else of it like where it came from and the process of how it came to be on our plates. It's truly horrifying that we as people can do this to animals who also can feel love, grief, fear etc who cant beg us to stop. We wouldn't do it to eachother :(
If that doesnt make you question yourself...think about the fact if we all went vegan we could solve world hunger 😌
Anyway sorry to rant.
Im just going down a rabbit hole and im disappointed in myself for never going down it before yet I'm eating all this meat and dairy carelessly and feeling rubbish afterwards! 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
I've noticed that a lot this year. Lots annoyed people on the mcplant advert 🤣

Was someone after a coronation sandwich?
Like the rest of the McDonalds menu isnt geared towards meat eaters. 😬

I often get Gousto deliveries and Im in the fb page and so much moaning there about how there are xx veggie meals compared to xx meat meals. I honestly want to scream sometimes. It will not kill you to have vegetables/ fake meat / tofu as the main ingredient of your meal. You might enjoy it ;)

• Heart

whybrows

I've been eating a plant based diet since 2016. I've recently been making these brownies every Saturday...so good! I make mine with Vitalite and Golden Syrup. Super easy to make and they come out perfectly every time. More of a cake texture than brownie but so delicious! I buy mine from Asda 😊

Attachments

• Heart

martaS

VIP Member
Guys, don't try this. Looks like cat food, there were even bits of something jellied once emptied into a bowl, doesn't smell very nice and it's overly sweet :oops: I ate it after mixing in some mayo and soy sauce but didn't enjoy it. £1.49 I'm not getting back
IMG_20211130_171810.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha

CosmicCreepers

Chatty Member
Sorry if it's been said before but I've been vegetarian for 7 years now and now am transitioning to veganism! I highly recommend Hellmans Vegan Mayonnaise! Also make sure you take a daily multivitamin to keep your levels topped up (even if you're just doing Veganary).

• Heart

Tom_Nook

VIP Member
I'll never understand people getting offended when there are more plant based options.... someone tell them that just because there are more veggie/ vegan foods doesn't mean there are less meat options 🥴 key word being 'options'.

It's like Piers Morgan and the Greggs vegan sausage roll.. 'no-one was waiting for this!!'

1. They were
2. The profits from it meant Greggs staff got a bonus, so a LOT of us were waiting for it
3. You can still get your original sausage roll so chill out

• Heart

Bluelipstick

VIP Member
What has everyone got their eye on for Christmas?
I usually make a mushroom and chestnut Wellington for me and husband. We’re spending the day at my parents’ this year and my mum has asked me to make a bigger one and we’ll all have it and they won’t bother with a turkey! Which is very cool as they’re not veggie or vegan themselves 😬

• Heart

MonkeyTennis

I've been doing alot more research into veganism because I want to stay in this mindset I'm in currently and not slip up with dairy/treats and just the surface alone for why we should be vegan is amazing. It's so sad alot of people dont just take 2 mins of their day to read up on the benefits of it. We are all so programmed into eating meat and thinking nothing else of it like where it came from and the process of how it came to be on our plates. It's truly horrifying that we as people can do this to animals who also can feel love, grief, fear etc who cant beg us to stop. We wouldn't do it to eachother :(
If that doesnt make you question yourself...think about the fact if we all went vegan we could solve world hunger 😌
Anyway sorry to rant.
Im just going down a rabbit hole and im disappointed in myself for never going down it before yet I'm eating all this meat and dairy carelessly and feeling rubbish afterwards! 🤣
Don't be too hard yourself, you are obviously interested in animal welfare and Veganism, giving up meat and dairy products doesn't happen overnight.
You're in the right mindset, just take it from there, maybe reducing the amount of meat or dairy you take in a week or a month.🙂

• Heart

orlyb1310

VIP Member
Would love some really nice vegan buttermilk chicken goujons or something for veganuary. Fed up of every vegan goujon or strip being southern fried.

SpiceWeasel

VIP Member
The new Aldi Plant Menu vegan mince is really good, as are the sausages! Mince is £1.99 and sausages £1.29

I have a freezer full of Tofoo because I went in my local co op last week and there was a load in yellow stickers for 42p! My lucky day :ROFLMAO:

For anyone new to tofu I would recommend freezing/unfreezing before use, it makes it a lot firmer.

One of my favourite vegan treats is using Franks Buffalo sauce to make Buffalo Tofu, Tofoo you don't need to press but other brands I would, cube it then coat with cornflour, bake then warm a bowl of Buffalo sauce with a bit of vegan spread and throw the tofu in to coat. So good! Especially with mac and cheese, proper comfort food.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

martaS

VIP Member
I have now tried some Vivera stuff and the Shawarma kebab is great! Had it in a pita bread with some salad and sriracha and garlic sauce I made by mixing vegan mayo with garlic and herbs. Also tried bacon bites, very smokey. Meat-eating boyfriend had most of the bacon and said "Don't tell anyone but I actually quite liked it!".
Also purchased some Strong Roots frozen foods and will get back in them in due course.
Lastly, I think we will have a Papa John's tomorrow, has anyone tried the new " Vegan Chilli Freak"? Sounds so good just going by description!

purple-rain

Managed to get my hands on the vegan KitKat at Sainsbury's today and am very pleasantly surprised! Tastes exactly like how I remember it - I'd be hard-pressed to tell the difference between the original and vegan versions. And KitKat used to be my favourite chocolate snack pre-vegan!

• Heart