Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Guys, don't try this. Looks like cat food, there were even bits of something jellied once emptied into a bowl, doesn't smell very nice and it's overly sweet :oops: I ate it after mixing in some mayo and soy sauce but didn't enjoy it. £1.49 I'm not getting back
IMG_20211130_171810.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Guys, don't try this. Looks like cat food, there were even bits of something jellied once emptied into a bowl, doesn't smell very nice and it's overly sweet :oops: I ate it after mixing in some mayo and soy sauce but didn't enjoy it. £1.49 I'm not getting back
View attachment 899282
Have you seen the future farm tuna? I've not tried it yet

View attachment 899282
I second this! Tried it in a sandwich a couple of months ago and didn't enjoy it. Went for the same flavour as it seemed the most flavourful but it was such a disappointment. Can't imagine what the other flavours, like the spring water, taste like! Maybe with the right seasoning it could work but it's not for me. Much prefer chickpea tuna with nori sheets and loads of vegan mayo as an alternative.

Reactions: 2
No :love: Will look for it next time I am in Sains!

I second this! Tried it in a sandwich a couple of months ago and didn't enjoy it. Went for the same flavour as it seemed the most flavourful but it was such a disappointment. Can't imagine what the other flavours, like the spring water, taste like! Maybe with the right seasoning it could work but it's not for me. Much prefer chickpea tuna with nori sheets and loads of vegan mayo as an alternative.
Oh, I have nori! Will definitely try that! A local cafe (Thrive in Cambridge) does a "tuna melt" toastie with chickpea mayo, bits of seaweed and I think chopped capers. If any of you guys is ever in Cambridge, I recommend it! Also, their tempeh "bacon" breakfast bap with avo is to die for. I don't like tempeh but this is an exception to the rule :love:

View attachment 899282
I actually don't mind the spring water version. I use it when I make sushi (with other fillings too, it ain't that good)... I realise I'm the only one on the internet who doesn't hate this stuff.

• Heart
I actually don't mind the spring water version. I use it when I make sushi (with other fillings too, it ain't that good)... I realise I'm the only one on the internet who doesn't hate this stuff.
Oh I see! My local h&b only had the chilli and mayo one. Maybe I should have tried the one with mayo. Maybe another time. It's a big maybe though!

I want to try this but haven’t seen it in my local stores. I tried the Good Catch tuna, that’s weird as well. I put nori, dill, lemon juice, mayo, salt and pepper in but still a bit 🥴

I tried the good catch fish burgers 🤢 they tasted like lemon - absolutely minging and not burger material, tasted like they should be served with new potatoes and green beans 👎🏻 I’m getting more selective with these new products now because they’re not cheap and when they’re a miss it’s really disappointing.

On a positive note, I finally tried these and they were lovely! Not just a typical chicken nugget, very flavoursome. I bet they’d be delicious in a wrap:

F42C64DC-3BE6-428F-82A2-36C1D54CAA2C.jpeg

Reactions: 3
I love the Vivera BBQ goujons but they’re about £2.50-£3 depending on the shop for only 4 pieces😬😬been meaning to try those M&S ones but the dates are always really bad so I end up leaving them.

I love the Vivera BBQ goujons but they’re about £2.50-£3 depending on the shop for only 4 pieces😬😬been meaning to try those M&S ones but the dates are always really bad so I end up leaving them.
Oh, I haven’t tried the vivera ones! I only got these as someone else was paying 😅 but I would buy them myself in future. I didn’t expect them to be so good even though I burnt them in the air fryer. Maybe try and get them yellow stickered, I got a few boxes of Kiev’s for half price, too.

Reactions: 1
Oh, I haven’t tried the vivera ones! I only got these as someone else was paying 😅 but I would buy them myself in future. I didn’t expect them to be so good even though I burnt them in the air fryer. Maybe try and get them yellow stickered, I got a few boxes of Kiev’s for half price, too.
Are the Kievs nicer than the Sainsburys ones? Really disliked the latter - the texture was so rubbery and there was a weird initial taste. I love the Aldi ones but not seen them in ages🙁

Are the Kievs nicer than the Sainsburys ones? Really disliked the latter - the texture was so rubbery and there was a weird initial taste. I love the Aldi ones but not seen them in ages🙁
Yes, I think they’re the best! They remind me of “posh” chicken Kiev’s when I ate meat. Some say they are salty but the saltier the better for me. I’ve seen people put a slice of bread underneath when cooking (easy garlic bread), definitely need to try that 😄

Forgot to mention, got this for £2.25 in Tesco yesterday, currently £4.50 on Ocado 😪
1639125867210.jpeg

And a box of these off Amazon, it tastes delicious, will use in protein shakes and porridge:
1639125913692.jpeg

Last edited:
Sainsburys and vivera Kiev’s are both the worst! Aldi, Tesco and of course m&s are nice!

Sainsburys and vivera Kiev’s are both the worst! Aldi, Tesco and of course m&s are nice!
I really like the Wicked Kitchen katsu kievs! Not a traditional kiev with the katsu flavour obvs, but very flavourful and has a nice breading.

I was trying to remember if I’d read any bad reviews of the Sainsburys ones on here before I bought them but I couldn’t remember😂😂took the risk and it didn’t pay off this time

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.