Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't hate vivera Kievs, they're just very average to me? Like not revolting, but not as nice as Aldi/M&S. The texture and breadcrumbs are nice, but whatever oil/butter they use for the garlic butter has weird aftertaste to it. I like most of Viveras meals so was so disappointed that they didn't get this one right 😔

I don't hate vivera Kievs, they're just very average to me? Like not revolting, but not as nice as Aldi/M&S. The texture and breadcrumbs are nice, but whatever oil/butter they use for the garlic butter has weird aftertaste to it. I like most of Viveras meals so was so disappointed that they didn't get this one right 😔
That’s exactly what I thought! The garlic butter in it smells really weird! 🤮

• Sick
Reactions: 1
This is new from Vivera:
LN_839344_BP_11.jpg

Apparently can be used in a stir fry so I think they'd be nice in a pad Thai for example? I will report back once tried.

I also bought the Future Farms "tuna", it better be good! 😂

Reactions: 4
Can anyone recommend a good seitan recipe book?
I borrowed a bok from a friend years ago and only found a couple we liked so now just look on the internet and it is trial and error.
My hubbies favourite is https://itdoesnttastelikechicken.com/vegan-seitan-steak/ - I cook mine in an electric pressure cooker. When you have a look at the site there is a free ebook with 10 seitan recipes in it.
These are also the seitan recipes on the site. https://itdoesnttastelikechicken.com/?s=seitan

Another place for ideas is a facebook page called - The Seitan Appreciation Society.

I borrowed a bok from a friend years ago and only found a couple we liked so now just look on the internet and it is trial and error.
My hubbies favourite is https://itdoesnttastelikechicken.com/vegan-seitan-steak/ - I cook mine in an electric pressure cooker. When you have a look at the site there is a free ebook with 10 seitan recipes in it.
These are also the seitan recipes on the site. https://itdoesnttastelikechicken.com/?s=seitan

Another place for ideas is a facebook page called - The Seitan Appreciation Society.
Thanks, we use recipes from The Seitan Appreciation Society with fair regularity! I ended up getting a vegan slow cooker recipes book in the end from The Works, it’s got some interesting sounding things in it :)

Guysss this is disgusting 😭😭😭 looks so good, has an amazing texture but tastes like plastic with notes of bitter.
2.50 currently at Sainsbury's, if you dare
IMG_20211217_161314.jpg

• Sad
  • Wow
Guysss this is disgusting 😭😭😭 looks so good, has an amazing texture but tastes like plastic with notes of bitter.
2.50 currently at Sainsbury's, if you dare
View attachment 929631
Ahh no I love that camembert! Did you make the mistake of eating the rind? It's a mistake made only once 😂
I slice the top of the rind open creating some, ahem, flaps, and just shove what I believe is referred to in scientific measurements as "a duck ton" of rosemary and garlic, and do the auld baked camembert and bread, dive into me Herby goo and make me kids faint whenever I breathe

• Haha
Had the Bisto vegan spaghetti bolognese for tea with Asda vegan mozzarella mixed in. Lovely! Recommend.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Ahh no I love that camembert! Did you make the mistake of eating the rind? It's a mistake made only once 😂
I slice the top of the rind open creating some, ahem, flaps, and just shove what I believe is referred to in scientific measurements as "a duck ton" of rosemary and garlic, and do the auld baked camembert and bread, dive into me Herby goo and make me kids faint whenever I breathe
Oh thanks so much! I only ate that small little wedge, I am sure I can still bake the rest with a tit ton of garlic and rosemary!
And yes, I did eat it with the rind, my thought process was, if you can be bothered to make a vegan cheese with a rind, surely the rind should be enjoyed too?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Anyone else disappointed with the vegan offerings atm? Roll on Veganuary! I tried the vegan Boursin, has the texture of stale houmous (fizzy) but tastes just okay. I got Squeaky Bean Chorizo before, not tried yet. Only seen the Future Farms chicken so far.

I love buying the £1.15 bag of 30 mini sausage rolls from Tesco, such a great and cheap savoury snack. I hope they never discontinue them, they have in other supermarkets.

Reactions: 2
Vegan Boursin sounds nice - I love your comparison to a taste of an out of date hummus 😅 I will try and get some if I can see it in my local Sains.

Guys, thanks so much for telling me to bake the vegan Camembert. I used a shitton of garlic, like you also said and some fresh rosemary from the garden. It was tasty. I happened to have a fresh baguette that day and it was nice for dipping.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Husband and I just polished off a tub of the Boursin on crackers. Glad we bought two in case we liked it!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Would love some really nice vegan buttermilk chicken goujons or something for veganuary. Fed up of every vegan goujon or strip being southern fried.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.