Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you for the perfume recommendations 🙏🏻 I think I will try the discovery sets on FeelUnique. I almost put an order in for Eden in the other day but they seem to take forever to dispatch and with my last ones the lids jammed.

Reactions: 1
Has anyone tried the vegan chocolate bars in Aldi? (dark, classic and blondie). I've just tried the vegan ice cream and its pretty good for £1.99.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Has anyone tried the vegan chocolate bars in Aldi? (dark, classic and blondie). I've just tried the vegan ice cream and its pretty good for £1.99.
Yes, the white (blondie) is a guilty pleasure of mine :love: Agree re: price - similar size white vegan choc from small independent brands can cost twice as much! :oops:

• Heart
No real butter left on the shelf at lidl so picked this one up instead. Thought it would taste of coconut since listed on the ingredients. It doesn't. It doesn't taste weird. It doesn't taste like traditional butter or of anything to me. It's a keeper. Won't buy real butter ever again. Wish I'd known about it sooner. Also it's not like concrete even when not in the fridge unlike my butter always was 😄
Been a veggie all my life almost and I'd be vegan tomorrow if I could just find a good alternative cheese and eggs. I have vegan powdered egg but I do like a poached egg 😄
I prefer vegan dishes, love me some healthy fresh food 😋
IMG_20220318_160839.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 9
No real butter left on the shelf at lidl so picked this one up instead. Thought it would taste of coconut since listed on the ingredients. It doesn't. It doesn't taste weird. It doesn't taste like traditional butter or of anything to me. It's a keeper. Won't buy real butter ever again. Wish I'd known about it sooner. Also it's not like concrete even when not in the fridge unlike my butter always was 😄
Been a veggie all my life almost and I'd be vegan tomorrow if I could just find a good alternative cheese and eggs. I have vegan powdered egg but I do like a poached egg 😄
I prefer vegan dishes, love me some healthy fresh food 😋
Very happy you put this one up, we have a local Lidl now, so just started to have a look at things in there. Will keep an eye out and give this a go :) thank you.

• Heart
Nakd salted caramel and blueberry bars are currently on offer for 6.40 for a box of 18, will probably only last a few hours. I wish it was the bakewell or double chocolate ones, but it'll do!

Amazon product

Amazon product

• Wow
Reactions: 3
New in Tesco
IMG_20220421_172435~2.jpg

Will report once I've tried, quite likely tomorrow ☺
(Expectations are high!)

• Wow
Reactions: 7
New in Tesco
View attachment 1211370
Will report once I've tried, quite likely tomorrow ☺
(Expectations are high!)
I’m waiting for them to go on offer 😅 please let us know how you find them. I never tried salmon so not much to compare to. I love Vivera chicken fillets, though.

Is anyone cutting back on their fake meats? I know they’re not the healthiest but I’ve found the more whole foods I’m eating the less I can tolerate 🤮

• Heart
I’m waiting for them to go on offer 😅 please let us know how you find them. I never tried salmon so not much to compare to. I love Vivera chicken fillets, though.

Is anyone cutting back on their fake meats? I know they’re not the healthiest but I’ve found the more whole foods I’m eating the less I can tolerate 🤮
I've found myself eating a lot less of them since I've been cutting back on grocery spending. It's usually TVP soya mince for me nowadays and not much else.

• Heart
I’ve enjoyed everything I’ve tried from the Birds Eye Green Cuisine range (especially the fish fingers) - I think it’s pretty affordable compared to some of the other brands and often on offer in Tesco/Sainsburys.
But I’d agree with the above, it still feels like eating ‘junk’ and I’m trying to cook less processed food, especially with the crazy price rises everywhere

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Found the vegan babybels today in Asda, been dying to try them… drumroll… they were good, I’ll definitely buy them again, I mean if I can find them again 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
The Vivera salmon was OK but definitely didn't taste like fish! More like their chicken filets? But it had a really lovely texture and was quite moist inside. A bit plain tasting though so definitely add salt and pepper when cooking. I pan-fried it and it had a lovely deep golden crust like you would expect from real salmon so that was quite nice.

I also tried these recently.
1651317118186.png

Texture was good, and so was the size of individual pieces, but the seasoning was interesting. They were quite salty on the outside but on the inside - very plain with that bean tofu taste that puts some people off tofu. So for me personally, not the best option for snacking, but it was nice in ramen and curry where it can take on some of the other flavours.

Regarding vegan ready meals and meat replacements - yes, definitely trying to cut down. I am vegetarian but took part in Veganuary earlier this year. The "problem" with Veganuary is that lots of fake meats and generally, plant based newness, is on offer and you end up getting loads to try out. When I finished Veganuary this year, I wasn't feeling great because I ate all the processed stuff. After that I pledged to cook more from scratch and I have been and now I maybe have fake meat twice a week tops; but also go without any some weeks.

Reactions: 4
Tried the Aldi fishless fillet (freezer section) today, really tasty & the batter has a vinegar flavour that I liked. Much nicer than the quorn fishless fingers I tried a few years ago- didn’t even finish the packet, straight in the bin!

• Heart
Tried the Aldi fishless fillet (freezer section) today, really tasty & the batter has a vinegar flavour that I liked. Much nicer than the quorn fishless fingers I tried a few years ago- didn’t even finish the packet, straight in the bin!
Will look for them next time I go to Aldi. Good fish replacements are not easy to find!

After having tried Tofu a few times and never being able to grasp the correct way to prep/cook it…

I tried the crispy chilli Tofoo bites and they were sooo yummy. I was close to writing off Tofu but these have won me round. Anyone tried other flavours?

Does quorn still make their nut roasts? I had a bizarre reaction to it years ago, it always made me violently ill but I loved the taste. Wondering if it’s worthwhile trying again. I also remember a brand of carrot and cumin sausages but never been able to find them and I forgot the name, but they were some of the tastiest vegan sausages I’ve ever eaten