Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
After having tried Tofu a few times and never being able to grasp the correct way to prep/cook it…

I tried the crispy chilli Tofoo bites and they were sooo yummy. I was close to writing off Tofu but these have won me round.
You could try this method which is how I cook Tofu almost all the time now. Chop Tofu into cubes, put a one or two tbls each of soy sauce, rice/cider vinegar and agave/maple syrup in a bowl and mix, then put cubes in and coat them in the marinade. I do this in a freezer bag and squeeze them. Then same in a bowl or bag of cornflour and coat them. I air fry the cubes for 15 mins but you can put in the oven on 200 for about 20 mins. Then when cooked, drizzle with sesame oil and sprinkle sesame seeds over them. Game changer 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Got in Sainsbury's for 10p because best before date is July. Quite spicy.
IMG_20220613_182546.jpg

Reactions: 1
Just seen that Taste and glory (was naked glory) have said they are not going to be making products anymore 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 3
After having tried Tofu a few times and never being able to grasp the correct way to prep/cook it…

I tried the crispy chilli Tofoo bites and they were sooo yummy. I was close to writing off Tofu but these have won me round. Anyone tried other flavours?

Does quorn still make their nut roasts? I had a bizarre reaction to it years ago, it always made me violently ill but I loved the taste. Wondering if it’s worthwhile trying again. I also remember a brand of carrot and cumin sausages but never been able to find them and I forgot the name, but they were some of the tastiest vegan sausages I’ve ever eaten
Picked these up the other week and they’re in my freezer! Can’t wait to try. Going to do a gochujang sticky glaze with it. Love crispy tofu. X

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I tried the Plant Pioneers fake tuna. Not bad. A step up from Tuno (what isn't?). Then I tried the Future Farms fake tuna and I am a CONVERT. It has been over 20 years since I've had real tuna but it must taste very similar, right!?!

I tried the Plant Pioneers fake tuna. Not bad. A step up from Tuno (what isn't?). Then I tried the Future Farms fake tuna and I am a CONVERT. It has been over 20 years since I've had real tuna but it must taste very similar, right!?!

Where did you buy the future farms?

Omg anyone knows where I can get hold of these? They look yummy 🤩
Screenshot_20220618-145250~2.png

I tried the crispy chilli Tofoo bites and they were sooo yummy. I was close to writing off Tofu but these have won me round. Anyone tried other flavours?

Does quorn still make their nut roasts? I had a bizarre reaction to it years ago, it always made me violently ill but I loved the taste. Wondering if it’s worthwhile trying again. I also remember a brand of carrot and cumin sausages but never been able to find them and I forgot the name, but they were some of the tastiest vegan sausages I’ve ever eaten
Have you tried Caldron marinated tofu pieces ? They’re already in nice chunks. I use them for fajitas and in pastas 🥰
Has anyone tried asdas own No tuna and sweetcorn sandwich filler. My bf can’t get enough of it

Attachments

Has anyone else tried the Amazon plant based range via Fresh? I rated the sausages and just tried the kievs and they’re the most realistic out of the ones I’ve tried (including M&S). I’m cutting down on fake meats but they were on offer and okay for lazy dinners.

I had to dunk the fridge raiders in dip, they tasted so weird without. Didn’t like the Asda tuna, but would buy again to try in a jacket spud.

Tried the Aldi fishless fillet (freezer section) today, really tasty & the batter has a vinegar flavour that I liked. Much nicer than the quorn fishless fingers I tried a few years ago- didn’t even finish the packet, straight in the bin!
I loved these, had them on the vegan brioche rolls with vegan mayo and vegan cheese and it definitely had McDonald's filet o fish vibes.

Found the vegan babybels today in Asda, been dying to try them… drumroll… they were good, I’ll definitely buy them again, I mean if I can find them again 🤷‍♀️
I didn't love them to eat on their own but they're really tasty melted and make a great cheesy sauce.

I had some of the tesco plant based frozen sausages for the first time the other day - personally not a fan. They were totally tasteless. I enjoy their fresh ones so it was disappointing.

Also tried the 'love your veg' risotto balls from sainsburys which were OK! A tiny bit bland but nice texture.