Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any recommendations for soya free mince meat substitute. X

I was just checking if Quorn is soya free, found this info ....................

If your body can't comfortably digest soya or you're concerned about the impact of this plant on the planet, you might want to consider something else. Quorn uses Mycoprotein, a fungus that's packed with amino acids just like meat. A downside is that some Quorn products contain egg, meaning you'll need to check them carefully if you're vegan.

A third great option is pea protein, which is totally vegan and very sustainable compared to soya. It doesn't pack as much protein as other mince alternatives though, so it's down to you to weigh up the relative pros and cons and your personal priorities, both dietary and ethical.

I use Quorn Mince for my veggie family member and to be honest, I now only use it for all of the rest of us too :) I use it in my slow cooker to make bulk batches of spag bol and mix for lasagne. It's really nice.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
@Jc456 the naturli pea mince is really tasty however my local sainsbury's doesn't seem to do it anymore 😭😭😭 also their fake chicken was the nicest fake chicken you could get and again, my local shop doesn't sell it 😫

Has anyone tried the Yo Sushi vegan teriyaki chicken? I can’t remember the name of it but it’s vegan chicken in a teriyaki sauce with sesame seeds on and it comes in a large plastic container. It’s honestly amazing and I can’t find it online anywhere 😭

Has anyone tried the Yo Sushi vegan teriyaki chicken? I can’t remember the name of it but it’s vegan chicken in a teriyaki sauce with sesame seeds on and it comes in a large plastic container. It’s honestly amazing and I can’t find it online anywhere 😭
My Tesco Extra sell it in store but not sure if they do online.

I stocked up on those delicious Alpro 🍫 mousses thinking they don’t go off until March, plenty of time. I’ve now emptied my fridge a bit and unveiled about 16 mousses 🤣 that’s my dessert sorted for the next two weeks.

I grabbed the Wicked Kitchen garlic nooch the other day, it’s really nice. Was in a clearance section (not reduced) so I don’t think it’s permanent ☹

• Haha
Reactions: 3
My faces are
Beyond burgers

This isn't chicken, although the new version 3 isn't quite as good as version 2 which is no longer available

Linda McCartney shredded hoisin duck

Vivera chicken breasts

The new chicken nuggets from aldi, 10 in a box for 99p, best nuggets ever.

Aldis belly pork cubes made out of jackfruit. They are awesome but no longer available, they were out during veganuary, hopefully they will return.

Vivera bacon

Vivera greek kebab pieces

Reactions: 2
Don’t know if anyone eats protein bars but these are fairly nice and only £8.80 a box at the minute, reduced from £21.99. Got 15g of protein a bar and the BB dates I’ve had are the end of the year.

Amazon product

Reactions: 4
Linda McCartney range used to have a vegetarian beef roast, with red wine and shallot glaze, can't find it anywhere now, does anyone know if it's changed packaging or if it's gone completely? Thanks x

Linda McCartney range used to have a vegetarian beef roast, with red wine and shallot glaze, can't find it anywhere now, does anyone know if it's changed packaging or if it's gone completely? Thanks x
I think it's either discontinued or seasonal, I haven't seen it in supermarkets or online since closer to Christmas.

• Heart
I think it's either discontinued or seasonal, I haven't seen it in supermarkets or online since closer to Christmas.
That is a point I hadn't thought of, (seasonal) doh :) I'll have a look out for it again later in the year. It was actually really nice the last time we had it.

Thank you xxx

I got a LM beef style roast last week in Iceland but there's none left in my local Iceland now. Mabye worth a look tho

• Heart
Does anyone have any nice perfume recommendations? I was going to order the 🌱 Chloé perfumes, just want something strong but fresh for the gym. I have most Shay and Blues. I would rather mid-range than Rituals type stuff.

Does anyone have any nice perfume recommendations? I was going to order the 🌱 Chloé perfumes, just want something strong but fresh for the gym. I have most Shay and Blues. I would rather mid-range than Rituals type stuff.
Eden perfumes does vegan dupes of high-street/designer perfumes. I haven't had a new one in ages, but I think they were around £18 per bottle and you could get smaller sample sizes.

Reactions: 3
I like Kierin of NYC and Floral Street but they're not cheap. You can buy discovery set for both on FeelUnique.