Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Sainsbury's tins of 'chuna' are naff, just to warn you. However they are high protein for low calories so they might be popular with bodybuilders or something :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The Sainsbury's tins of 'chuna' are naff, just to warn you. However they are high protein for low calories so they might be popular with bodybuilders or something :ROFLMAO:
Oh they're cack aren't they. The future farm one is edible if you miss tuna.

Tried the m&s cake in a jar last night. Not a fan, way too sweet and rich. The cookies and cream pots are better.

Reactions: 1
More just a general comment vaguely related to veganism.

But has anyone else noticed that vitamin D enriched mushrooms have gone? They used to be everywhere and as a country where many don't get enough (especially vegans) it's a shame this source has now disappeared.

I wonder what happened? I thought maybe they were still high in vitamin D but without the big sticker, but can't find anything on the label to suggest that.

Reactions: 2

But has anyone else noticed that vitamin D enriched mushrooms have gone? They used to be everywhere and as a country where many don't get enough (especially vegans) it's a shame this source has now disappeared.

I wonder what happened? I thought maybe they were still high in vitamin D but without the big sticker, but can't find anything on the label to suggest that.
If you put them in the window for a little bit they absorb vitamin d. Probably not much this time of year but better than nothing I guess

If you put them in the window for a little bit they absorb vitamin d. Probably not much this time of year but better than nothing I guess
I'm not sure that would do much - I was reading an article that to enrich your own mushrooms place them in strong direct sunlight for two days turning in-between 😐 err even if we had strong sunlight I can't see myself doing that.

But yes might get a bit more vit d, have placed the mushrooms for dinner on the window 😀

I'm not sure that would do much - I was reading an article that to enrich your own mushrooms place them in strong direct sunlight for two days turning in-between 😐 err even if we had strong sunlight I can't see myself doing that.

But yes might get a bit more vit d, have placed the mushrooms for dinner on the window 😀
I read best to do between 10-2 and for 15 mins. I'd probably do longer though

Well that's a good excuse to get this back on topic, trying to recreate this because £4 a small portion (and I could easily eat 2 on an active day) and 50 mins oven time is too much. Should be able to create 10 times as much for £4

640x640.jpg

This is what it actually looks like 😆, still very tasty though!
PSX_20220119_130711.jpg

Yes! I'm an Asda orderer and I haven't been able to get them for weeks. But I never thought too deeply about it tbh 🤔

Ok, I've had the Richmond Rashers twice now and I think they're the best bacon alternative I've tried. Also, they don't repeat on you for several days afterwards, which is a bonus.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Ok, I've had the Richmond Rashers twice now and I think they're the best bacon alternative I've tried. Also, they don't repeat on you for several days afterwards, which is a bonus.
Will have to try, their sausages, recommended here, are really nice ☺

Reactions: 4
Hi, I have a vegetarian family member and they want to look into Iron supplements, are there any that are Vegetarian friendly/suitable that you know of please?

Or multi-vitamins that have Iron?

They hate taking tablets and prefer the chew type ones. Thanks for any help :)

Hi, I have a vegetarian family member and they want to look into Iron supplements, are there any that are Vegetarian friendly/suitable that you know of please?

I take the Feroglobin liquid (suitable for veggies but not vegans).

• Heart

Spatone, floradix, floravital are liquid. Betteryou Iron spray. Holland and barret do an iron everesent

• Heart
Well that's a good excuse to get this back on topic, trying to recreate this because £4 a small portion (and I could easily eat 2 on an active day) and 50 mins oven time is too much. Should be able to create 10 times as much for £4

View attachment 999381

View attachment 999385
I always think that when I buy the BOL/Soulful pots, but that does look nice in the pic 😅

Went to Lidl before and they’d put out a load of Sheese they must’ve found in the back. Bagged a few of the sweet chilli ones (the best 🌶) and a plain, just because.

Had their sweet potato gnocchi the past two nights, it was delicious. Also tried these, had put them off for ages because they’re so fattening but they are amazing:

29_VIVERA_UK_PACKSHOT_CHICKEN-BREAST-FINAL-768x979.png

I have never even seen these :oops:

View attachment 999381

View attachment 999385
They do a Chinese one with tofu which is delicious, but equally tiny and disgusting looking.

I always think that when I buy the BOL/Soulful pots,
I resent paying £2.50 for the red Thai soulful pot when I'm sure they make the same curry for Aldi that costs £1.70, but is rarely in stock!

I resent paying £2.50 for the red Thai soulful pot when I'm sure they make the same curry for Aldi that costs £1.70, but is rarely in stock!
Yeah, someone recommended them to me once but I could never find them so stopped looking.

View attachment 999381

View attachment 999385
Did it turn out OK? How did you make the coconut cashew sauce? Soaked cashews blended with coconut milk or something else?