Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone seen any nice veggie mains for Christmas dinner this year? I don't want fake meat, or butternut squash :sick: Something cheesey would be good!
Sainsbury's have some.
Although I'd be happy with just my vegan cauli cheese as a main 😂 love cauliflower cheese

Air fryer question - do they make the kitchen smell in the same way frying stuff in a pan does?
Can't smell anything when I'm cooking in mine!

Reactions: 4
What is everyone having for their Christmas roast? I need some inspo. Going away with 3 meat eaters so will share the sides but I need a main piece for myself ☺ Ideally not a Wellington or anything with pastry as I've had pastry for my work Christmas do last night.
Thanks in advance!

I found a vegan turkey crown thing in the freezers in Morrisons. No idea if it's any good, but that's what I'm having. Was £5.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I found a vegan turkey crown thing in the freezers in Morrisons. No idea if it's any good, but that's what I'm having. Was £5.
There is a Morrison in my area, if I can get there in the next week, I'll check it out. Thanks!
Tesco's Wicked did a turkey crown last year which was tasty enough (like, not amazing, but the texture was nice and there was no weird aftertaste) but I haven't seen it in my local one this December 😭

Eek, help!

I've been invited to a suuuuper informal "Christmas" dinner on the 27th with 7 adults and 1 kid and I've offered to bring dessert and they've gratefully accepted (ffs 😂).
It's got to be vegan and I guess a bit fancier than everyday.
The main is rice & coconut, so I should avoid that, I suppose. It's also got to travel 25 miles on the day and probably sit about a few hours too. Could probably warm something up.

Any ideas the vegans won't be bored of?

Maybe a fruit pie with jus-rol puff pastry and Alpro custard? I had a pear and almond tart thing recently that was vegan. A colleague made it though and I barely know her so can’t ask!

Sainsbury's do a mandarin and raspberry jelly terrine thing that isn't labelled vegan but is (they do that so much 🙄)

Eek, help!

I've been invited to a suuuuper informal "Christmas" dinner on the 27th with 7 adults and 1 kid and I've offered to bring dessert and they've gratefully accepted (ffs 😂).
The main is rice & coconut, so I should avoid that, I suppose. It's also got to travel 25 miles on the day and probably sit about a few hours too. Could probably warm something up.

If you don’t have to bake, the Wicked Kitchen Belgian Chocolate & Raspberry Cake is delicious. Quite indulgent so one would do 8 with some oatly cream.

Eek, help!

Get yourself to Morrisons and get the vegan trifle. It's fab!

All great suggestions, thanks so much!

I really was being a bit crap and unimaginative 😂 I'm "only" vegetarian, so will always fall back on some kinda roulade or something with a fucktonne of cream etc in.

I think I might make a sticky toffee pudding cos the spice feels Christmassy but the traybake of it all is less effort than something prettier (maybe this one?) - what's your favourite easily available vegan ice-cream or double cream type deal to serve with something like that?

We're visiting again soon for a joint bday party, and I'm absolutely turning up with some of the boughten options, esp the terrine and the Wicked rich number, cheers!