Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
eg I despise tofu unless it’s deep fried lol or someone’s been v clever with it.
Have you tried tofu puffs from a Chinese supermarket? They’re deep fried already and taste just like a takeaway. They’re amazing.

Reactions: 2
I didn't like tofu until we got an air fryer!
How do you cook it in air fryer? My partner and I debate getting one every now and then and if I knew I could use it for quite a few things, I'd probably help make my mind up

Reactions: 2
Speaking of tofu!

Lidl has a permanent (hopefully) line of tofu now, they're bloody massive too, 500g blocks!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
How do you cook it in air fryer? My partner and I debate getting one every now and then and if I knew I could use it for quite a few things, I'd probably help make my mind up
At the most basic, I toss [drained] cubes in a little bit of sesame oil, season it (garlic powder, five spice, whatever) then wang it in the airfryer on not-quite-the-hottest setting, tossing it about euntil its firm and the edges are crispy. Doesn't take long. Might serve that with rice & steamed veg or cook it in a sauce with veg (sweet & sour, satay, hoisin, curry, whatever) and have it with rice, noodles, or something.

Absolute game changer for tofu imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
0BC24A04-8F07-47C8-BA46-F450A561A0AC.jpeg

Just found these in my local Asian grocer. They are vegan so no shrimp or fish sauce. Have added a vegan fish sauce to the tofu and veg green curry I’m making and it’s delicious!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Just found these in my local Asian grocer. They are vegan so no shrimp or fish sauce. Have added a vegan fish sauce to the tofu and veg green curry I’m making and it’s delicious!
Great find! Thanks for sharing 🖤 Will look for that brand

Chopped into cubes, tossed in a little bit of cornflour, and just shoved in at 170ish for 10 mins or so. We've been trying different sauces with it, we've made sweet and sour, orange sauce, and a soy black bean style sauce

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Has anyone seen any nice veggie mains for Christmas dinner this year? I don't want fake meat, or butternut squash :sick: Something cheesey would be good!