Vee Kativhu

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So what do you guys think of this relaunch of the Empowerment by Vee thing? I don’t really understand the concept of this platform but this made me remember when a few months ago she bought Starbucks coffee for a lot of people online. What was that about? I understood nothing of that inniciative, what was she thinking?

Reactions: 4
So what do you guys think of this relaunch of the Empowerment by Vee thing? I don’t really understand the concept of this platform but this made me remember when a few months ago she bought Starbucks coffee for a lot of people online. What was that about? I understood nothing of that inniciative, what was she thinking?
Feels like just another thing to put on her CV and boost her ego.

Reactions: 13
I understand the annual event kind of, but unsure of what the network is going to entail.

It looks like her sister has a background in social work, although she's still a student so unsure how much authority she has yet but at least her BA degree is also relevant unlike Vee's. Vee's authority just seems to be her experience which yeah fair enough but I think you need more than that.

I'd like to see what the network platform is going to entail and who else they are gonna bring onboard. I don't wanna see just a load of students doing it, I wanna see actual university staff as I think they have more authority to help.

Reactions: 2
I honestly don’t know what this platform is about. Can anyone give me an insight about that, please?

I think it's basically a platform to address imposter syndrome, and help students realise they're capable//helping them get into university? it's targeted at disadvantage students, which is great!

However, I hope she's using better-informed people to do the talks this time around, listening to Jade Bowler talk about how it's ok to struggle with your mental health isn't really a good look for what she's going for. If I were her, I'd try and get either working professionals or at a minimum people with degrees in the field they're talking about otherwise it's just circle-jerking her friends lmao

I'm actually going to unfollow her - the amount of backlash she's NOT getting for breaking lockdown is really pissing me off.

Yeah I used to like her but something’s off now.. she is not the same girl she was back when she went to Oxford. It’s sad because her videos used to motivate me so much to study

Reactions: 7
she hypes herself up a lot! I thought she was doing it to overcome imposter syndrome and give herself some healthy confidence, but these days it's really her being self-obsessed. she's out of touch. 🤪 harvard girl this harvard girl that, lemme just drop 26,000 pounds right now, whoooo girl the game is the game 🤪

The only thing I find relatable about her is that she still studies via zoom in her bedroom.

she circle jerks herself if you may

• Haha
Reactions: 15
she hypes herself up a lot! I thought she was doing it to overcome imposter syndrome and give herself some healthy confidence, but these days it's really her being self-obsessed. she's out of touch. 🤪 harvard girl this harvard girl that, lemme just drop 26,000 pounds right now, whoooo girl the game is the game 🤪

The only thing I find relatable about her is that she still studies via zoom in her bedroom.

she circle jerks herself if you may
Yeh the bit about raising 26000 through ads in a couple of months was the turning point for me. She could have quietly paid the student loan off and told no one. It came across as a massive humble brag and a bit of a fingers up to her fans who very likely will never raise that kind of money so quickly. Seems everyone I have followed have sold out to the ads in the end. They really start to believe their own hype after a while.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I’ve commented on her last few instagrams asking why she had her hair done during a lockdown and she’s either deleted or hidden all of them! Someone has got a guilty conscience!
You can even see videos of her on the @her.lace Instagram having it done and she’s not even bothering with a mask.
As someone who has lost family members to Covid, I’m absolutely sick of behaviour like this from ‘influencers’. I genuinely loved Vee and thought she was such an inspiration but now she’s just proved her idiocy!

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
would not personally design merch or use EBV (epstein barr virus, causes mumps) in hashtags as much as she does, enough of her followers have bio backgrounds that it'll be their first association too. why don't ppl google their brand identities

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Empowered by vee, whatever she’s turning this in to more merch and events for people to buy
I think the merch looks more like a pub merch hoodie for a drink. The lemon and "EBV", just reminds me of a softdrink or something 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Empowered
Vee Kativhu
From experiencing grief and leaving her home country of Zimbabwe for the UK, to attending disruptive state schools and working long hours to support herself and her mother, Vee Kativhu has faced much adversity. But through personal experience, she has triumphed, using her experience to help underprivileged and underrepresented people from all over the world recognise their own talent and achieve their goals. From graduating from Oxford and becoming a Harvard grad, to building an online community of over 200,000, Vee has become an icon and inspiration to young people in need of a boost of confidence, motivation and practical life advice.

Drawing from her inspirational journey, Vee will teach you how to:
- Set your life goals, career aspirations and actually achieve them
- Stay motivated in the face of rejection and hardship
- Learn from your mistakes
- Take chances, live your best life and don't let hardship define you
- Make the best lemonade the world has ever tested when life throws rotten lemons at you
- Cultivate feelings of self-love and self-empowerment

This book will inspire you how to live a more fulfilled, motivated and empowered life in everything you do.

🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 11
Empowered
Vee Kativhu
From experiencing grief and leaving her home country of Zimbabwe for the UK, to attending disruptive state schools and working long hours to support herself and her mother, Vee Kativhu has faced much adversity. But through personal experience, she has triumphed, using her experience to help underprivileged and underrepresented people from all over the world recognise their own talent and achieve their goals. From graduating from Oxford and becoming a Harvard grad, to building an online community of over 200,000, Vee has become an icon and inspiration to young people in need of a boost of confidence, motivation and practical life advice.

Drawing from her inspirational journey, Vee will teach you how to:
- Set your life goals, career aspirations and actually achieve them
- Stay motivated in the face of rejection and hardship
- Learn from your mistakes
- Take chances, live your best life and don't let hardship define you
- Make the best lemonade the world has ever tested when life throws rotten lemons at you
- Cultivate feelings of self-love and self-empowerment

This book will inspire you how to live a more fulfilled, motivated and empowered life in everything you do.

🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢
Sorry but she got lucky, getting into oxford doesn’t happen to everyone like her... sick of these influencers becoming middle class and thinking they can then sell their good luck to their followers

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
I mean, a book is nice and all, but from the way she was hyping it up, I expected something way major. I don’t know what, maybe a podcast or appearance in a talk show or something. A book, while being an accomplishment, is pretty much a standard for every successful YouTuber.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Isn’t Penguin the publisher that Grace Beverley signed to for her book too?

It seems to me they’re shifting to the influencer market. It makes sense as it’s a ready made audience who are likely to buy and make the publisher money.

It also just screams another way to make money... the whole scramble to monetise your bRanD is exhausting and inauthentic to me. That and adding “author” to their CVs.

Reactions: 3