Vee Kativhu

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whereā€™s she said that?
Itā€™s in her latest post. Sheā€™s also tagged a different brand (not herlace) though so I dont get it, but even if she did get that sent to her and she did it herself, on herlace thereā€™s several videos of her getting it done professionally!!!

Her nails on the pic of her on herlace are chipped af and it matches her YouTube chipped af nails šŸ˜‚ so sheā€™s clearly had her hair done ILLEGALLY I noticed it cos it looks so bad

Reactions: 1
Itā€™s in her latest post. Sheā€™s also tagged a different brand (not herlace) though so I dont get it, but even if she did get that sent to her and she did it herself, on herlace thereā€™s several videos of her getting it done professionally!!!

Her nails on the pic of her on herlace are chipped af and it matches her YouTube chipped af nails šŸ˜‚ so sheā€™s clearly had her hair done ILLEGALLY I noticed it cos it looks so bad
The brand sheā€™s tagged is the company who made the wig, her lace fit them, so she got the wig delivered and then went to her lace to get it fitted, illegally, I really wonder why she isnā€™t getting as much hate as Jade did for her Switzerland trip?
sheā€™s deleted the tweet about her male friend saying her hair looked nice! It really irritates me how people like vee can go around breaking lockdown but not get pulled up on it!!!

Reactions: 6
Wow. Disappointing. Really thought she was better than this :(
Agreed, i thought she was refreshing a year or so ago, but I think the influencer life has gotten to her head. She didnā€™t need to show off her hair. Even if she broke rules on the quiet, she could have passed off the wig as one of those you can put on yourself, but no, sheā€™s tagged the company that fitted it and posted pics of the fitting... how daft?!

Reactions: 4
Omg I didn't know there was a thread about Vee! I came here from Jade's thread, since it looks like our (once) beloved youtubers are now... well, I don't know how to put it other than fake?

So I started watching Vee's videos last year once I started my master's and I literally binge watched all her videos because they were so motivating. But I realized my favourite videos were her older ones, where she looked way more down to earth. Also, her last videos her stories of IG are just ADs, it's so frustrating. I want real, raw content, not just a list of why that platform is *so great* and not at all just because it sponsored your video.

Then, during her pause of social media since christmas, she posted instastories of...?? That's right, ADs. She said nothing prior to that, not an "hey I missed you guys so much how are you?" or anything like that but just 3 stories about promoting some random platform. Then, she dissappeared again. What the hell? Her pictures of her IG were full of questions asking if there was something wrong with her, since she didn't say anything for 1 month and a half, and she just posted a random AD out of the blue, like her *beloved* followers were nothing but a way to make more money.

Latelly I realized some people were talking about her behaviour during the pandemic, not following the restrictions, and I was even more :/

So, to sum up, I am so sad rn because I spent the last year looking at these so called influencers, whom to me where kind of friends to pass the time during the pandemic and true motivators for me to study. But now, I realized how fake they are and how rude they seem to us, people who gave them the views they so much appreciate. It feels wrong now watching their content, since I know they are not posting videos for us but for them to profit for them. I know this is all the influencers and youtubers care about, don't get me wrong, I'm not that naive. But I really felt these were real people who were just like me and really shared this passion for studying and learning. But their passion is more like $$.

Reactions: 10
Feel like Vee just started youtube to gain a platform, boost her career and cash in money.

Reactions: 13
Feel like Vee just started youtube to gain a platform, boost her career and cash in money.
I get big social climb vibes off her, especially with her publicly shoving Malala into everything and the fact she makes such a huge deal about Oxford and Harvard but barely ever mentions her actual degree subject...

Reactions: 32
I get big social climb vibes off her, especially with her publicly shoving Malala into everything and the fact she makes such a huge deal about Oxford and Harvard but barely ever mentions her actual degree subject...
Exactly. It's always "HARVARD student reacts to x" "HARVARD university room tour" (while living at home... lol), "HARVARD morning routine", never "Education (?) student does this and that". I can't even remember what exactly she studies!

She should be proud of her achievements of course, but even in the thumbnail of her "what I'm doing next after graduating from HARVARD" video she put the Yale and Cambridge logo? Do they offer a specific PhD program she wants to do? (My next question would be why she would even want to do a PhD, she clearly has more passion for the practical (policy) side of education.)

Reactions: 16
Exactly. It's always "HARVARD student reacts to x" "HARVARD university room tour" (while living at home... lol), "HARVARD morning routine", never "Education (?) student does this and that". I can't even remember what exactly she studies!

She should be proud of her achievements of course, but even in the thumbnail of her "what I'm doing next after graduating from HARVARD" video she put the Yale and Cambridge logo? Do they offer a specific PhD program she wants to do? (My next question would be why she would even want to do a PhD, she clearly has more passion for the practical (policy) side of education.)
youā€™re so right! I always thought about that, she really puts that status in front of EVERYTHING. But I guess sheā€™s just really proud of accomplishing that, right? Back in the day she was very humble and I think that was a huge step in her life. Iā€™m not familiar with her process of entering Oxford, but unlike many other studytubers she really seemed to like to study. Now Iā€™m not so sure. I think that whole talk about doing a PhD after her Masters seemed like a way of maintaining her following rates, because what else would a studytuber post after university? Anyway, this is just me wondering what goes through these influencers minds

Reactions: 4

She sounds drunk in this šŸ˜†
I used to enjoy watching her but she constantly claps her hands together really loudly and it started doing my head in! The more I noticed it, the more it annoyed me. I actually had to stop watching her as I found it so grating. In this video alone she's done it over 20 times.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
youā€™re so right! I always thought about that, she really puts that status in front of EVERYTHING. But I guess sheā€™s just really proud of accomplishing that, right? Back in the day she was very humble and I think that was a huge step in her life. Iā€™m not familiar with her process of entering Oxford, but unlike many other studytubers she really seemed to like to study. Now Iā€™m not so sure. I think that whole talk about doing a PhD after her Masters seemed like a way of maintaining her following rates, because what else would a studytuber post after university? Anyway, this is just me wondering what goes through these influencers minds
Yeah! Again, ofc she should be proud of it, she doesn't come from an academic family, those are huge accomplishments.

Somebody in the Jack Edwards thread already mentioned this, but many studytubers promote the perception that only certain universities are worth going to - Oxbridge, Ivy League - and Vee is one of the most extreme cases in that matter! Your studies are what you make of it, you can go to an unknown Uni and still get a great education if you put the effort in. Don't know why Vee makes such a fuss about going to the "best" universities to get the "best" education when she doesn't even use the content she learned during her undergrad anyway.

Reactions: 17
Yeah! Again, ofc she should be proud of it, she doesn't come from an academic family, those are huge accomplishments.

Somebody in the Jack Edwards thread already mentioned this, but many studytubers promote the perception that only certain universities are worth going to - Oxbridge, Ivy League - and Vee is one of the most extreme cases in that matter! Your studies are what you make of it, you can go to an unknown Uni and still get a great education if you put the effort in. Don't know why Vee makes such a fuss about going to the "best" universities to get the "best" education when she doesn't even use the content she learned during her undergrad anyway.
Sheā€™s now become more privileged by going to oxford, the fact she can earn her Harvard tuition (and more) in one year, sheā€™s now middle class so she has certain things afforded to her that ā€œregular peopleā€ donā€™t
Yes she should be proud of herself but god dam it, sheā€™s not the girl that started the YouTube channel but her angle is still the same, Iā€™ve seen no growth from her

• Heart
Reactions: 10
She didnā€™t need to show off her hair. Even if she broke rules on the quiet, she could have passed off the wig as one of those you can put on yourself, but no, sheā€™s tagged the company that fitted it and posted pics of the fitting... how daft?!
My guess would be she got it cheaper (or even free) in exchange for publicity. I mean she did say she earned 26k on brand deals lol I wouldnā€™t be surprised if she arranged a deal like that with the salon or company or whatever. (Not that it would be a bad thing if covid wasnā€™t a factor, just saying!).

My guess would be she got it cheaper (or even free) in exchange for publicity. I mean she did say she earned 26k on brand deals lol I wouldnā€™t be surprised if she arranged a deal like that with the salon or company or whatever. (Not that it would be a bad thing if covid wasnā€™t a factor, just saying!).
Sorry but businesses have been struggling due to the pandemic (this one maybe so much theyā€™re desperate to break covid restrictions) if she can afford Harvard the girl can afford to pay for hair. Itā€™s actually sickening that influencers are taking things are sectors that are struggling and if she did get it for free then she needs to disclose that by saying gifted or PR product
Nothing excuses breaking covid laws and Iā€™m getting sick of people defending covid rule breakers

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Nothing excuses breaking covid laws and Iā€™m getting sick of people defending covid rule breakers
What? lol do you mean me? I agree with you. I was just replying to the whole "how is she so dumb that she doesn't even hide that she went to a salon" thing, saying she might have done it out of greed. I feel like you misunderstood me thinking I was defending her, or maybe I didn't express myself correctly. Either way I'm clarifying bc I don't want to seem like I'm a covid denier lmaoo.

Sorry but businesses have been struggling due to the pandemic (this one maybe so much theyā€™re desperate to break covid restrictions) if she can afford Harvard the girl can afford to pay for hair. Itā€™s actually sickening that influencers are taking things are sectors that are struggling and if she did get it for free then she needs to disclose that by saying gifted or PR product
Agree. I can easily see this salon choosing to operate despite lockdown rules because they simply can't afford not to at this point... that risking the fines is worth it to get some income. If she then took advantage and got it done at a discount or for free (when she can't even properly promote the salon because it shows breaking lockdown rules) is just disgusting. Now is not the time for trying to get freebies, if you can afford to support businesses then you should.

In an ideal world they wouldn't be operating and she wouldn't have got her hair done at all, but eh.