Unsolved mysteries of the showbiz world you're desperate to get answers to #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would 100% recommend the VH1 documentary The Last Days of Left Eye. It shows her in the last few weeks of her life. It’s quite harrowing as they are filming in the car as it crashes so you get to see that.

With regards to the boy that was killed, she was convinced there was a bad spirit/bad energy following her around and she felt that they had taken the boy by mistake as his name was Lopez.

ETA: I think you can watch the whole thing on YouTube.

Reactions: 13
Somewhat weirdly I've always thought Lisa Left Eye died in a plane crash. Unless I'm mixing her up with someone. I've just gone and looked at all the news reports which very clearly state car accident.

I didn't really have much internet access in 2002 (I didn't have an Internet connection at home at that point) so I suppose it's just bits I remember from the radio.

Somewhat weirdly I've always thought Lisa Left Eye died in a plane crash. Unless I'm mixing her up with someone. I've just gone and looked at all the news reports which very clearly state car accident.

I didn't really have much internet access in 2002 (I didn't have an Internet connection at home at that point) so I suppose it's just bits I remember from the radio.
Quoting myself but maybe I've blended her with Aaliyah whose death was around the same time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13

I think maybe got mixed up with Aaliyah?

Reactions: 5
Aaliyah died in a plane crash.

LLEL reportedly said there was a spirit following her around and that it took the life of the boy by mistake because they had the same last name. It was her assistant driving, not her. But then bam, shortly after, she died in an RTA too.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Aaliyah died in a plane crash.

LLEL reportedly said there was a spirit following her around and that it took the life of the boy by mistake because they had the same last name. It was her assistant driving, not her. But then bam, shortly after, she died in an RTA too.
I didn’t know that’s what happened to left eye, how sad

Reactions: 2
That's an extremely well written article on it....I've read about this case online,people have speculated it could have been absence seizures he was getting and this would explained how he had made mistakes with platforms previously..but to me that article makes the suicide theory believable too..he had a guard in the cab with him and when the guard left to go to a different carriage he accelerated and crashed...bit of a coincidence.

Reactions: 7
Love these threads!

I’d like info on the number of kids David Beckham has had outside of marriage.

Also, more news on Prince William and his adultery with Rose 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I would 100% recommend the VH1 documentary The Last Days of Left Eye. It shows her in the last few weeks of her life. It’s quite harrowing as they are filming in the car as it crashes so you get to see that.

With regards to the boy that was killed, she was convinced there was a bad spirit/bad energy following her around and she felt that they had taken the boy by mistake as his name was Lopez.

ETA: I think you can watch the whole thing on YouTube.
Lisa was the only person in the car wearing a seat belt too and yet she was the only fatality.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
That's an extremely well written article on it....I've read about this case online,people have speculated it could have been absence seizures he was getting and this would explained how he had made mistakes with platforms previously..but to me that article makes the suicide theory believable too..he had a guard in the cab with him and when the guard left to go to a different carriage he accelerated and crashed...bit of a coincidence.
Yes, I'd lean to the suicide theory but I'm really not sure. I hope that woman who had her foot amputated is doing well now, if she's still with us.

Reading the comments under the DM piece about the Moorgate crash, it seems lots of people are convinced it was a known technical fault with some older trains and there was a cover up. Apparently, a lot of documents - witness statements etc - are sealed until 2051 😳

Lots of interesting discussion on this page too:

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Reading the comments under the DM piece about the Moorgate crash, it seems lots of people are convinced it was a known technical fault with some older trains and there was a cover up. Apparently, a lot of documents - witness statements etc - are sealed until 2051 😳

That’s really interesting and plausible. But there are still questions: why was there was only one incident if it was a known fault with older trains? Why did the driver not show any signs of panic or self-protection when he couldn’t slow down and the crash was imminent? Was it a coincidence that the fault occurred when the guard was away from his post?

Reactions: 11
That’s really interesting and plausible. But there are still questions: why was there was only one incident if it was a known fault with older trains? Why did the driver not show any signs of panic or self-protection when he couldn’t slow down and the crash was imminent? Was it a coincidence that the fault occurred when the guard was away from his post?
I guess it could’ve been one of those “accident waiting to happen” scenarios. A fault, which drivers knew about and knew how to circumvent… until one time things went catastrophically wrong and the driver somehow wasn’t able to react?

I do think it’s a coincidence that the guard had wandered off to find a newspaper. That was just so plausible.

The thing about possibly-preventable tragedies is there’s never one definite cause, it’s more like a perfect storm of small mistakes that snowball into a catastrophe.

Take the Manchester Arena Inquiry. I saw a lot of people moaning on Twitter that it was a waste of money because we know who was responsible. But it’s so much more complex than that. There were failures with the security services who knew the bomber was dodgy and associated with terrorists. There was lax security at the arena (such as poorly trained young staff and CCTV blackspots). Failures by police, taking meal breaks longer than allowed, not patrolling at certain times and places despite being explicitly told to. Failures by the ambulance and fire services… I could go on.

Sorry, I’ve gone off on a completely irrelevant tangent! It’s terrible that nobody could ever get to the bottom of what caused that crash. What a burden for all the families of those who died, and the people who were injured.

Reactions: 20
Its to do with photos - the report includes graphic pictures and this is what the family don't want distributed & this means they have to block everything.
Why are graphic photos released publicly? They serve little interest to most people unless they are morbidly curious?

As well as the deaths, the young trainee police officer having to be cut out of the wreckage by the doctors amputating her foot to get her out always stuck with me. I wonder what she's at today.

I read a bit about this over the years and the suicide theory is interesting although I wasn't 100pc convinced. Leslie Newson was the drivers name.
She stayed with the police for a year and then retired. I read online she got married and had children. The man she was trapped with who was conscious and had to watch her amputation died a month later from his injuries.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Charles Palmer Tomlinson and his wife Patti were very close friends of Prince Charles. Prince Charles was godfather to their daughter Tara. Patti was seriously injured and nearly died in a skiing accident in the 80’s when they were on skiing trip. Prince Charles equerry, Major Hugh Lindsay died. Prince Charles was only injured slightly. X
Charles was investigated because he could have potentially been to blame for their deaths. He was cleared but the group was found to have caused the avalanche.

I'm fascinated with this incident as well. Despite what I've watched and read I'm still none the wiser.

Reactions: 4
I’d love to read more about this case, how she became implicated and her demeanour etc - can anyone recommend a good source?
I wish I could remember - I think something On Netflix. Search on the podcast apps… there’s loads. AK isn’t an angel but she was totally scapegoated IMO

Reactions: 3
I wish I could remember - I think something On Netflix. Search on the podcast apps… there’s loads. AK isn’t an angel but she was totally scapegoated IMO
Either crime junkies or red-handed did one recently I thought was good. I can't remember which one it was but fefo one of them.

Reactions: 1
What was the reason exactly that Bruce Willis bought an underage Aaron Carter over a million dollars worth of gifts?

• Wow
Reactions: 29