Unsolved Mysteries - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure if you're into podcasts, but if you enjoy this series then I think you may like Crime Junkie podcast. They take different stories like missing, murdered and serial killers etc. And discuss the case as part of the podcast. I enjoy listening when I'm cooking/cleaning or driving.

Reactions: 4
Thoughts on season 3 so far?

The UFO episode was a little ridiculous.

Reactions: 3
I skip the UFO ones. I thought the young kill who supposedly threw herself on the train tracks was so sad. It really looks like foul play.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Didn't enjoy the ufo one.

How sad was the first episode though? I think that she got in a car with someone and they did something to her and then put her on the tracks. Possibly as a "joke" to frighten her and they didn't realise a train was coming. I just don't understand how if she committed suicide why her feet and hands were fine. As if you jump in front of a train every part of you will suffer impact.
On reddit they have discussed this case and said that the child protection services had been in contact with the family, due to the mum hitting tiffany. So there was a lot more going on then in the show. There is also the medical examiners report on one of the threads.

I hope the witch from ep 3 gets picked up sharpish.

• Sad
  • Heart
I skip the UFO ones too. Both the others were interesting. With the train track one it’s worth looking the case up online as a lot of information was excluded from the episode in regards to the family dynamic. That said it still doesn’t make it any less troubling a case.

• Sad
I just watched the Josh (the college student) case. I do believe he might have been closet gay and never revealed it. Well, that's my theory anyway.

I really enjoyed the UFO and bigfoot episodes.

Didn't enjoy the ufo one.

How sad was the first episode though? I think that she got in a car with someone and they did something to her and then put her on the tracks. Possibly as a "joke" to frighten her and they didn't realise a train was coming. I just don't understand how if she committed suicide why her feet and hands were fine. As if you jump in front of a train every part of you will suffer impact.
On reddit they have discussed this case and said that the child protection services had been in contact with the family, due to the mum hitting tiffany. So there was a lot more going on then in the show. There is also the medical examiners report on one of the threads.

I hope the witch from ep 3 gets picked up sharpish.
Re episode 3, was it really an unsolved mystery though? They knew who did it so imho it seemed out of place in this series.

Re episode 3, was it really an unsolved mystery though? They knew who did it so imho it seemed out of place in this series.
100% agree with you! With all of the unsolved murders, it's a shame they did that one and the UFO and big foot episodes.

Reactions: 2
Think it was more a case of getting it out there again in the hope someone might come forward with info about her whereabouts.
I’m still reeling from the first series and the guy who murdered his family, put their bodies under the house and then disappeared. The thought he’s out there somewhere creeps me the hell out.

Reactions: 5
The murderous girlfriend one - the unsolved mystery is how she's completely disappeared in this day and age, and a call to find her.

So ... I was reading up on the athlete girl, and it seems Netflix left out a huge chunk of information (abusive parents, for starters) so as to position the case as potential murder, when the actual evidence shows stronger indications of suicide.

• Sad
Netflix have totally wasted this series making stuff up, and it shows in the fact they have solved none of these cases since series 1 to date.

Instead of going after real criminal cold cases that could use the publicity, they're giving us hourlong episodes on ghosts and the frauds who claim to see them, obvious suicides and obvious overdose, UFOs and Bigfoot. If you have any information on this haunted house please go to unsolved.com, thanks Netflix. :rolleyes:

Another obvious suicide dressed up as suspicious to appease a family in denial who always swear up and down (after the fact) that this was the happiest person alive who could never take their own life. Same as the Tiffany case and Buffalo Jim, the case for murder is based on no forensics whatsoever, only hysterical family members' opinions.

Netflix have totally wasted this series making stuff up, and it shows in the fact they have solved none of these cases since series 1 to date.

Instead of going after real criminal cold cases that could use the publicity, they're giving us hourlong episodes on ghosts and the frauds who claim to see them, obvious suicides and obvious overdose, UFOs and Bigfoot. If you have any information on this haunted house please go to unsolved.com, thanks Netflix. :rolleyes:
I mean… it’s called unsolved mysteries… not unsolved cold cases for a reason. They are mysteries because there isn’t any proof of anything, a mystery which might not always be true!

Not really a mystery though when the forensics point squarely to suicide and the only counterargument is "I know for sure X would never take their own life!" Also UFOs, Bigfoot etc are all bullshit, not mysteries.

I like the UFO eps 🫣🥲 but I am a bit of a loser like that.

The Tiffany Valiante case is so weird. The fact that some of her clothes haven’t been recovered seems so odd. The footage of her walking down the driveway is really creepy. I think she could have easily been suicidal but whether she killed herself or not is definitely up for debate!

The Tiffany Valiante case is so weird. The fact that some of her clothes haven’t been recovered seems so odd. The footage of her walking down the driveway is really creepy. I think she could have easily been suicidal but whether she killed herself or not is definitely up for debate!
I was reading on Reddit ( link ), and the UM missed out on loads of details, such as Tiffany coming out to her parents because she was gay,
and they got angry. The people in the town all believe it is a suicide, and the mum is having a hard time letting go. She broke up with her GF, and her parents found out about credit card fraud, so she was probably scared of being reported. They also skimmed over that she was depressed and wasn't always happy. Her friends refused to be interviewed for UM.

UM - Unsolved Mysteries.

• Sad

Another obvious suicide dressed up as suspicious to appease a family in denial who always swear up and down (after the fact) that this was the happiest person alive who could never take their own life. Same as the Tiffany case and Buffalo Jim, the case for murder is based on no forensics whatsoever, only hysterical family members' opinions.
I don’t see the Pat case as suicide. The re-enactment showed how hard it would have been to shoot yourself in the head from that angle. As well as there being no evidence on the skull as a contact shot. Plus his body was still in good condition after being in the water for 10 days? No animals attacking it? I’ve just watched this episode and it just doesn’t feel like suicide to me.

Some of the unrecoverable items of clothing were unrecoverable because quite frankly there were pieces of her all over the woods for several kilometres. Some of it must have been picked up by animals. Train impact deaths are horrendous. Her uncle's search party was finding pieces everywhere weeks after the tragedy and most of her body didn't make it to the cremation. Dumping her phone, stripping some clothes off as she headed to her death are consistent with someone in the full grip of mental illness.

Nothing unsolved or mysterious about it except how her parents are now getting all the goodwill despite having a hand in her terrible mental state.

Reactions: 2