Unpopular opinions #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I will openly tell someone if i am unhappy with something in restaurant or whatever. Too many people just get embarrassed and say everything's fine, when it isn't and when you're paying for something, you expect it to be right/edible.

Side Note: this may not even be unpopular, LOL. I'm not talking about being rude to waiters/waitresses or whoever, wherever you are but SPEAK UP otherwise they will never know!!

• Wow
Reactions: 17
I will openly tell someone if i am unhappy with something in restaurant or whatever. Too many people just get embarrassed and say everything's fine, when it isn't and when you're paying for something, you expect it to be right/edible.

Side Note: this may not even be unpopular, LOL. I'm not talking about being rude to waiters/waitresses or whoever, wherever you are but SPEAK UP otherwise they will never know!!
I did this recently in a restaurant with my partner and he was horrified! His meal was cold so I sent it back.

Reactions: 11
I did this recently in a restaurant with my partner and he was horrified! His meal was cold so I sent it back.
My husband also gets embarrassed if I complain. I only ever do it politely and genuinely. He’d rather not say even if there’s a legitimate reason.

Saying that if I do complain I don’t trust anything else I’m served 😂

Reactions: 7
Unpopular opinion

Influencers are possibly the worst thing to come out of the 2010s.
If they’re actually producing stuff like YouTube videos they can be ok but the famous for being attractive ones are usually money grabbing desperate wannabes… like yes you’re good looking. No I don’t wanna buy anything with your code FAMEHOE15

I do as well. As long as you’re not being rude about it I don’t see the problem.

“Excuse me, I ordered rice and not chips, could someone swap this please” or “Hi, my food is cold-Could youbring me a new one please”

Completely fine

Reactions: 15
Cockapoos are also SO popular that most of these dogs are from tit breeders or puppy farms. You will be hard pressed to find a knowledgable and experienced cockapoo breeder.
define “tit breeder” though?
Will they be KC registered and professional? Probably not, since it’s not a KC recognised breed

will it be someone who has decided to breed a family pet? Probably, dos that make them a tit breeder? I don’t think so. You’re just as likely to get any popular breed at a puppy farm sadly, as you are a cockapoo.

professional breeders IMO are worse than people who breed their pet as a one off. I’ve adopted dogs from shelters, had dogs from pro breeders and had dogs from hobby breeders.

the best dogs I’ve had, temperament wise, were from hobby breeders.

when I was hand raising orphaned poppies and volunteering with dogs I reached out to the “breeding” community and I’ve never come across a nastier, more vindictive group of people in my life. IME half of them never do the things they are supposed to, like welfare and background checks. It’s a money maker to them ultimately. The hobbyists see the puppies as an extension of their own pet and are a bit more emotionally involved and concerned for the welfare of puppies in my experience, but obviously that’s subjective.

In short, being a professional with a licence does not make someone a “good” breeder

Reactions: 4
The boy, the mole, the fox and the horse book is so overated. Just basic feel good sentences over nice drawings.

Seagulls are evil. Whoever says they're not should try to eat something on Brighton beach and see how long they last.

Reactions: 11
The Brits thing has wound me right up! Ffs! Male and female are sexes, not genders. Yet another institution deliberately blurring the two things in order to erase women. It's not going to be men who suffer as a result of this disturbing agenda.
It’s going to be Ed Sheeran or Adele each alternate year anyway isn’t it 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 13
My husband also gets embarrassed if I complain. I only ever do it politely and genuinely. He’d rather not say even if there’s a legitimate reason.

Saying that if I do complain I don’t trust anything else I’m served 😂
Mine is the same but I tell him to shut up cos meek men give me the ick! Puts me off that he's too timid to complain himself even though he might witch about what's on his plate under his breath.
I'm like you, there's a way to do it. A friend of mine used to be embarrassing to eat out with, rather than state a fact or politely complain, she would just beckon someone over and say, 'this is disgusting ' and screw her face up.

• Haha
  • Wow
100% this. I come from a Muslim background. People read the Daily Mail or watch news about terrorist attacks and assume that all Muslims are the same, and that all atrocities in the world are committed by us. When my grandfather died, I went to Mosque for the first time in my life for his funeral. Apart from it being very crowded, it was a wonderful experience. We wore hijab, but the majority of my family either don't wear it every day or choose to wear it. To me it's akin to Jewish men wearing a yarmulke to Synagogue.

A few years back there was uproar at a local school that wanted to take children to a Mosque for RE class and the parents were dead against it, and I fail to see how opening your mind a little bit to other religions is a bad thing.
Agreed, when my mum was younger woman had to cover their hair in catholic churches too.
I would say though I would (as someone that went to a Catholic school for a lot of their education) ban religious schools, people need ot mix together, separation on the base of religion is in no way helpful for society. I think children should study religion, as it is of course a big part of the world's history, but it should be studying all different religions in a more philosophical/historical way. If your parents want you to study more about your own religion they should organise that at weekends/after school

• Heart
Reactions: 7
People who credit religion with saving people from illness make me cringe. My BIL had leukaemia as a child which he recovered from - his mother credits some visit to Knock in Ireland not the hard work of the doctors, the surgery or chemo. She went on and on about it then revealed they took three trips to Knock - to which I asked why it didn't work after the first trip .... :unsure: :cautious:
as an itu nurse, it’s so insulting when families say “it’s in gods hands now”.

then why the duck am I keeping them alive and losing the will to live with all these machines then

A few years back there was uproar at a local school that wanted to take children to a Mosque for RE class and the parents were dead against it, and I fail to see how opening your mind a little bit to other religions is a bad thing.

thank you for saying this and I totally agree. My son’s school is doing nothing for Hanukkah, and all focus is on the nativity. Last year at pre school they did a tiny bit, but only because I asked.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
as an itu nurse, it’s so insulting when families say “it’s in gods hands now”.

then why the duck am I keeping them alive and losing the will to live with all these machines then
This reminds me of when I was at Catholic school we were constantly told how euthanasia/abortion were wrong as "god would decide" when someone should go. Of course there was no argument against life support/modern medicine :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
100% this. I come from a Muslim background. People read the Daily Mail or watch news about terrorist attacks and assume that all Muslims are the same, and that all atrocities in the world are committed by us. When my grandfather died, I went to Mosque for the first time in my life for his funeral. Apart from it being very crowded, it was a wonderful experience. We wore hijab, but the majority of my family either don't wear it every day or choose to wear it. To me it's akin to Jewish men wearing a yarmulke to Synagogue.

Religion of any kind shouldn’t be taught in mainstream school. If someone wants their kid to learn about religion then send them to a faith school.

This reminds me of when I was at Catholic school we were constantly told how euthanasia/abortion were wrong as "god would decide" when someone should go. Of course there was no argument against life support/modern medicine :ROFLMAO:
boils my piss!!!!

Religion of any kind shouldn’t be taught in mainstream school. If someone wants their kid to learn about religion then send them to a faith school.
correct me if I’m wrong, but our archaic government require religious education as part of the curriculum.

Attachments

• Haha
boils my piss!!!!
it is like in the US when states have the ability to stop abortion yet then have no responsibility when it then comes to providing any services (healthcare etc) for the child :rolleyes: total hypocrisy

Reactions: 8
I just don’t understand how it is more inclusive, surely this just means there are fewer categories?
exactly just reduces everyone's chances of being a winner! trust that moaning misery guts Sam Smith to have something to do with it !

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.