Unpopular opinions #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I HATE the current trend of dogs being allowed in absolutely everywhere. The amount of entitled dog owners who firmly believe that their 'baby' SHOULD be allowed in everywhere and will argue and get quite aggressive is something else.

My brother and SIL live in Ireland (SIL is Irish) and over there ONLY service dogs are allowed into shops, restaurants etc, which is as it should be. I can't understand why they have the run of the place in the UK.
i also hate (as is probably obvious from other posts) the fact that people seem to be praised for having dogs/ bringing them everywhere etc whereas if i did the same with my cats i would be branded insane

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I don't take my dogs anywhere like that but I'd frankly much rather people's dogs than their manky little tit kids :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I HATE the current trend of dogs being allowed in absolutely everywhere. The amount of entitled dog owners who firmly believe that their 'baby' SHOULD be allowed in everywhere and will argue and get quite aggressive is something else.

My brother and SIL live in Ireland (SIL is Irish) and over there ONLY service dogs are allowed into shops, restaurants etc, which is as it should be. I can't understand why they have the run of the place in the UK.
I was in a pub the other day and some woman brought her crusty white dog in and it started barking and yapping at a servicedog.The woman got annoyed when the owner asked her to sit outside if her dog couldn’t calm down lol

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
i also hate (as is probably obvious from other posts) the fact that people seem to be praised for having dogs/ bringing them everywhere etc whereas if i did the same with my cats i would be branded insane
I saw a man walk his dog on a lead a few weeks ago and I definitely branded him insane 🤣🤣🤣 i do like cats I just think they’re not social types they’re more of an aloof personality so they don’t really fit the going for a walk, going out to eat category? But I think it’ll be a cold day in hell before I take my pooch to a restaurant 🤣😂 I love my dog and take him out regularly but not to cafes or anything like that

• Haha
Reactions: 4
[/QUOTE]
Over priced designer shoes and handbags are a waste of money 😬
In my teens I feel in love with a designer cami top saved weeks to buy it, walked in to Primark shortly after to see a weekend bag made out of the same material (it was a very distinctive pattern) 4 times the material for £7!!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I can’t be doing with dogs either. I don’t know what’s worse, the actual dogs (most of which I don’t mind so long as they are kept away from me and the kids), or certain owners and their expectation that you’ll be really pleased to see their dog. Like they are treating us all with the presence of their animal. It’s a dog. I’m not fussed.
If you’re one of those who take it everywhere because you can’t leave it alone, then I’m sorry but your lifestyle isn’t a good fit for having a dog as a pet. Likewise if you’re out at work all day. Obviously not good for the dog. Stay at home with it or get a goldfish instead.
If you’re one of those who take it everywhere because you think your dog is a child or a family member and want to treat it as such, you’re a tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I for one bloody love dogs. I'd much rather people bought their dogs everywhere with them than insisted on telling me about or showing me pics of their minging ugly cats.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I've never known a cat be aloof or unfriendly. When people say things like cats are horrible, unfriendly, not affectionate etc, I just think 'yeah, cats don't like you, sounds like a You problem'

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
You can stick coffee up your arse.

Cups of Tea , forever 😀😎😎😎😛

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
Drives me nuts too . I don't have a cat but if I brought my bulldogs into the store people would not like it but if its a purse dog or shitzu etc its apparently fine.

Unpopular opinion I don't trust people who don't like animals.

I also love cats and dogs equally.

Reactions: 23
Tea and coffee are both rank!
I keep trying to like them! Even buying different brews, flavours and trying finding different ways to make them. But I genuinely can’t enjoy it!

Also hot chocolate is the worst of the hot drinks, I’d rather drink piss

Reactions: 2
I am one of those people that take my dog to restaurants.

It's not that I can't leave him, it's just nice to go on a long dog walk and then have a bite to eat. If you've travelled some distance you can't take the dog home first. So we look for dog friendly pubs and restaurants.

My dog is much better behaved than my kids. He sits quietly under the table, you wouldn't even know he was there.

From hearing the comments I don't think it's actually the dogs that are the problem. It's the owners. If my dog was barking I'd take him out. If he was in the way I'd move him.

What is weird is people that think you can take a dog into supermarkets and shops if you're carrying them. I saw a guy carrying a sausage dog round Waitrose the other day.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I was at the pub the other day and a dog kept like dragging itself along the back of my chair with my coat on it. My coat smelled like dog afterwards :/

It's not the dogs' fault - it's the owners. It shouldn't be a one-size-fits-all policy - "well behaved dogs and owners welcome" would be a good sign to see lol

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.