Unpopular opinions #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In my experience upper middle class wear their wealth too. Maybe not in the way new money does but its just as obvious.
My unpopular opinion is that I love my "designer" bags, make up and clothes. I haven't yet encountered any made in china. I love them and they make me feel good.
What designer bags do you have? I am partial to designer make up even though I know it’s inflated. Sue me! 😂

Reactions: 3
What designer bags do you have? I am partial to designer make up even though I know it’s inflated. Sue me! 😂
I have Mulberrys and LVs. Just love them. They do keep well and one day I hope to hand then down God knows they will be the only heirlooms I will have :ROFLMAO:
I so love make up - Charlotte Tilbury, Bobby Brown, Nars, Channel.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Mulberry handbags shifted production from England to China a few years ago. I have a “Made in England” one but it was purchased in 2012. A Bayswater… total waste of £££, I’ve never liked it. I get much more pleasure from bargain handbags.

Mulberry handbags shifted production from England to China a few years ago. I have a “Made in England” one but it was purchased in 2012. A Bayswater… total waste of £££, I’ve never liked it. I get much more pleasure from bargain handbags.
They have 2 factories in Somerset so I think it’s 30-50% that is made in England but sadly the rest are made in Turkey or China. I used to really want the Alexa but I’m glad I never bought it! I’m not a fan of massive bags like that anymore

I have Mulberrys and LVs. Just love them. They do keep well and one day I hope to hand then down God knows they will be the only heirlooms I will have :ROFLMAO:
I so love make up - Charlotte Tilbury, Bobby Brown, Nars, Channel.
LV’s are a good investment! I also love Charlotte Tilbury and Chanel - lots of people rag on CT but I adore her lipsticks ❤

In my experience upper middle class wear their wealth too. Maybe not in the way new money does but its just as obvious.
My unpopular opinion is that I love my "designer" bags, make up and clothes. I haven't yet encountered any made in china. I love them and they make me feel good.
it was an unpopular opinion and I was relaying a conversation with someone else’s view on it.

wear your designer stuff, I don’t have a strong opinion on it🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Over priced designer shoes and handbags are a waste of money 😬
best quality clothing I’ve bought tended to be less mainstream. I think a lot of fashion houses coast on the name they’ve built instead of focusing on the quality of their pret a Porter stuff.

I bought a pair of Sezanne heels a few years ago when it was relatively new. They have been one of the best quality shoes I’ve ever owned. One of the best coats I’ve ever bought was Joseph. I could be wrong but I didn’t think either of these brands were super popular or well known (maybe nowdays not so much the case for Sezane).

Reactions: 3
it was an unpopular opinion and I was relaying a conversation with someone else’s view on it.

wear your designer stuff, I don’t have a strong opinion on it🤷‍♀️
I know and I wasn't arguing with you I just piped up cos I find that upper classes like to act superior but they are doing the same thing. That's all.

Sorry I know this will be controversial but hear me out 🤣

Mine is dogs. See, I like dogs but I see a growing trend of dogs being everywhere. Dogs in pubs, dogs in cafes, dogs at work. No no no no no.
People do seem to feel entitled to take their dogs everywhere, especially small yapping things on very long leads that are hard to see underfoot in busy places.

Reactions: 11
I take my dog to the dog park and on walks. That’s it. She’s far too excitable and big for cafes, trains or pubs.

I don’t mind other peoples’ mutts if they behave.

Schools, as they are, should be abolished and a whole new learning system established. Way too many people are schooled in what and how to think and believe rather than critical thought. They teach kids to be part of a herd. they school them. Hence the mess we are in right now.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Some of the users on tattle that are ranting about influencers are just as bad as the people they’re dumping on ☕

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Sorry I know this will be controversial but hear me out 🤣

Mine is dogs. See, I like dogs but I see a growing trend of dogs being everywhere. Dogs in pubs, dogs in cafes, dogs at work. No no no no no.
Omg same I don’t mind dogs but people who cannot go anywhere unless they can bring their dog are weird.

I want to have my coffee without having to move cause you’re letting your dog run about the cafe barking and trying to eat my stuff

White chocolate is better than milk chocolate.
Yesss I agree so much

Over priced designer shoes and handbags are a waste of money 😬
i think it depends. i bought the gucci bee boots cause I’d wanted them ages and I’ll wear them a lot but if it’s novelty designer items then yea it can get a bit silly

Reactions: 5
Or type F*** instead of duck. What is the point? It’s the internet grow up!😂
As see I curse like a fish wife on here, but I’d sometimes type feck to suggest a more bantering tone.
If I’m angry you’ll bleeping know about it, but if I was joking with someone I’d say “feck off will you with that…”

just to convey tone more than anything else.

Deliberately changing the F word to duck or ducking is more offensive than saying the actual word….
my bleeping iPhone needs to stop trying to get me to stop cursing.
Miserable bleep. 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Or type F*** instead of duck. What is the point? It’s the internet grow up!😂
When I first got a PC I was typing to my friend and having a moan about someone and typed bleep I have no idea what I thought was going to happen as in my head I was spelling it out I was so shocked when I see it there before me in all its glory.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I HATE the current trend of dogs being allowed in absolutely everywhere. The amount of entitled dog owners who firmly believe that their 'baby' SHOULD be allowed in everywhere and will argue and get quite aggressive is something else.

My brother and SIL live in Ireland (SIL is Irish) and over there ONLY service dogs are allowed into shops, restaurants etc, which is as it should be. I can't understand why they have the run of the place in the UK.

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.