Unpopular opinions #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know why British food gets such negativity. Some of my favourite meals are traditional British foods.

Shepards/cottage pie
Dumplings
Yorkshire puddings
Eggs Benedict (not 100% sure they're British)
Sausage and mash
Crumpets
Cheese and pickle sandwiches
Sticky toffee pudding

The British make great food, there are countries that eat much stranger stuff. What about eastern Europeans with all their mayo and picked cabbage. Or that horrible pickled fish stuff from Scandinavia. Don't get me started with the Germans and all those weird sausages.
Eeew to all of the dishes listed above but ok, I’ll rephrase it as: every person speaking a language with strong celtic/nordic influences sadly has spent their life surrounded by crappy food.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
That reminds me of another unpopular opinion! I've only ever had a milkshake once, and they're not for me 😬
Someone once told me the ancient and untrue urban legend about Marc Almond having several pints of semen pumped out of his stomach, just as I was about to take a gulp of a frothy banana milkshake. :eek: :eek: I have never been able to face one since. Frothy coffee and frothy hot chocolate are delicious. Anything cold and frothy and a bit glutinous makes me feel queasy and I get a Tainted Love earworm.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I don't know why British food gets such negativity. Some of my favourite meals are traditional British foods.

Shepards/cottage pie
Dumplings
Yorkshire puddings
Eggs Benedict (not 100% sure they're British)
Sausage and mash
Crumpets
Cheese and pickle sandwiches
Sticky toffee pudding

The British make great food, there are countries that eat much stranger stuff. What about eastern Europeans with all their mayo and picked cabbage. Or that horrible pickled fish stuff from Scandinavia. Don't get me started with the Germans and all those weird sausages.
Americans have the worst food.

mushy peas and vinegar😋
Yum

Reactions: 3
Can't believe you're telling me about this at half past eleven. I wasn't ready to get hot!
Because if you think I ran straight to YouTube to watch that scene you're talking about, you're absolutely right.

It was sexy, I must say, and that was a much young Idris (which I think was more attractive back then). Damn that scene was some nice viewing!! 🤪
😂😂😂😂😂😂 I thought that was the worst kiss ever, but I'm happy for you hen. Sweet dreams 😉😉

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Another unpopular opinion before bedtime...

Kids should be able to claim back a percentage of the money that their influencer parents earned while exploiting them on YouTube.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Another unpopular opinion before bedtime...

Kids should be able to claim back a percentage of the money that their influencer parents earned while exploiting them on YouTube.
I completely agree. To be honest I think laws should be brought in like with child actors where they have someone independent looking out for their best interests and making sure they aren’t being overworked etc (I know Instagram isn’t like acting but there should be something which allows them for time away from the camera)

• Heart
Reactions: 13
*Takes deep breath
Plus this isn’t ALL families*
Anyway a lot of the families that need help to feed their kids actually need help with budgeting and batch cooking. Planning meals and how to get the most out of food.

Reactions: 24
I'm sure this isn't unpopular but woman still do more than the lions share when it come to Christmas. I know a couple of men that like to do the Christmas dinner but on the whole every other aspect is down to the woman.

My perfect Christmas would be to actually go away for the holiday.

Reactions: 13
*Takes deep breath
Anyway a lot of the families that need help to feed their kids actually need help with budgeting and batch cooking. Planning meals and how to get the most out of food.
100% I work in social care and this is the problem families have majority of the time

Reactions: 6
It’s the same with pets. Both my dogs are senior and lean and people think we don’t feed them enough, when in reality they are really healthy weights and the vet would confirm. It’s actually better for dogs to be lean, especially when they are older as it’s less stress on their joints but people are so used to seeing fat pets they don’t know what healthy looks like 😅
I agree. I rescued a dog and thought he felt like a toast rack but when I took him to the vet for a first check the vet said he wouldn’t want to see him gain much. Sadly he has and his ribs can’t be felt any more but we’re working on it.

*Takes deep breath
I get very frustrated when I see people saying that buying junk food is cheaper than fresh. That is nonsense. Fresh vegetables are very cheap and you can pick up something like chicken thighs for a very reasonable price. It's far cheaper than buying boxes of pizza or oven chips.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I get very frustrated when I see people saying that buying junk food is cheaper than fresh. That is nonsense. Fresh vegetables are very cheap and you can pick up something like chicken thighs for a very reasonable price. It's far cheaper than buying boxes of pizza or oven chips.
I think it depends where you live and how much depravation and size of family ,where I live four apples costs the same as a bag of frozen chips and 2 loaves of bread a mother will pick the latter to feed her hungry kids imo

Reactions: 11
I think it depends where you live and how much depravation and size of family ,where I live four apples costs the same as a bag of frozen chips and 2 loaves of bread a mother will pick the latter to feed her hungry kids imo
It doesn't get much cheaper than picking up some broccoli for 50p.

It probably comes down to the vast majority of people not knowing how to cook. I do put myself in this category btw. But even if you do want to give the kids pizza or fish fingers there's no excuse not to stick some broccoli or carrot on the side. I can pick up 6 pack of apples from Tesco for 79p.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
It doesn't get much cheaper than picking up some broccoli for 50p.

It probably comes down to the vast majority of people not knowing how to cook. I do put myself in this category btw. But even if you do want to give the kids pizza or fish fingers there's no excuse not to stick some broccoli or carrot on the side. I can pick up 6 pack of apples from Tesco for 79p.
100 % agree. In a similar vein there is absolutely no excuse for a child to go to school without breakfast. Always bread reduced to 20 odd pence at the coop, freeze it and its fine for toast. Fun size apples .49 p at aldi.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.