Unpopular opinions #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The movie Avatar by James Cameron wasn't that great.

I hate Black Friday being incorporated into the UK when It's always been an American thing.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 36

I hate Black Friday being incorporated into the UK when It's always been an American thing.
Agreed. As with almost every sale it's a swizz where retailers offload their crap old stock and try to dress it up as a bargain.

Reactions: 5

Thanksgiving also keeps trying to be a made a thing over here. Thankfully I don't think it has ever taken off.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I remember birthday parties as a child in the 90s... cheap jelly and cheap vanilla icecream together in a bowl :sick::sick::sick:
Nooooooooo……..this was my fave bit of a birthday tea! And my birthday parties were in the 70s. My mum used to put hundreds and thousands on the top, and all of the food dyes from them used to run into each other 🥳

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Unpopular opinion

No matter how hot a woman or man is, taking way too many selfies is extremely unattractive.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Custard creams are the best biscuits
Take that you bunch of snowflakes 😅
Jaffa cakes are the worst. They taste weird, they are weird. What even are they?

I hate Halloween too. Always thought that was an American trend that came over here. The way it’s celebrated I mean. I hate gender reveal parties too 🤣

Reactions: 10
You shouldn’t care about how much people spend on their wedding, unless it directly impacts you. If I want to spend a fortune, I can, it’s our money💁🏼‍♀️
I think the problem is that people see weddings as business nowadays, so they spend thousands expecting guests to cover the expenses plus paying the honeymoon, at least it's what I see in Spain...

Wow you've just taken me back to a Sunday in 1987 😄 but with hot thick custard, never butter 😳
We had it with custard too, and my brother and I would use a knife to scrape the cake crumbs off the wrapper. The wrapper corners were pleated, so you had to be really careful to unfurl them and scrape gently, or else they ripped.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Jaffa cakes are the worst. They taste weird, they are weird. What even are they?

I hate Halloween too. Always thought that was an American trend that came over here. The way it’s celebrated I mean. I hate gender reveal parties too 🤣
Actually Halloween came from Celts, so Americans copied us 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Rice is savoury and should not be used for desserts. Same goes for pasta. Panna cotta is milky jelly and very wrong.

Reactions: 14
Actually Halloween came from Celts, so Americans copied us 😂
Apparently the Irish immigrants started it all off as they kept their traditions going when they set up home in America. The history behind it is really interesting

Reactions: 8
Apparently the Irish immigrants started it all off as they kept their traditions going when they set up home in America. The history behind it is really interesting
yip it was known as samhain a festivel held to mark summers end .

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.