Unpopular opinions #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm prone to getting really painful split skin at the corners of my mouth. I googled it and am pretty certain it's a condition called angular chellitis which can usually be managed in its own. However when I got it a few months ago, the sores got infected so I filled in an online form with my GP and she called me back. I explained what I thought it was. She said no its a cold sore. I said it most definitely wasn't, but she wouldn't have it. After grilling me for about 5 minutes she grudgingly agreed to try an antibiotic cream but she wasn't convinced it was infected. All of this was done over the phone and she hadn't asked me to supply photos. If she had seen me in person or asked for photos she would have seen the great big oozing crusty infected scabs for herself! I felt stupid for making a fuss😕 it did clear up with the cream though so I was right 🤣
Angular chelitis is so painful! If you’re prone to it, try a vitamin B supplement. I think it might be caused by low b12 levels but if you get a combined vit B tablet that won’t hurt.

Reactions: 3
I swear the only reason why I’m okay at the GP is because I’m medical
im fairly confident in standing my ground in a medical setting (and lots of others - legal settings/local issues and so on) because of my education.

my OH was in hospital and without going into detail, the consultant was terrible. He obviously wasn’t used to being stood up to, but if I hadn’t done so then my OH wouldn’t have gotten the treatment he needed. I wasn’t rude - I was firm. I’ve been able to go to a local MP to raise issues with hospital treatment towards my elderly grandparents that I wasn’t happy with. I was eloquent, able to make my point well and because I’m (now) middle class - I’m pretty sure that’s the only reason I was listened to. My working class parents and grandparents had a very different experience than I did when they try to raise issues. A lot of the time they don’t even bother to try - they see the likes of hospital consultants as their “betters” whereas I can see them on a more equal footing. They wouldn’t dream of having a one to one conversation with a MP, but I’m able to see them as an equal because of my education.

it made me sad for all the people who didn’t have someone to fight their corner for them. Or who do, but their relatives maybe just aren’t empowered to.

my tertiary education opened that door for me for sure, and was worth every penny for that reason alone

• Heart
Reactions: 13
🙈 my autocorrect goes into overdrive on tattle for some reason. I’ve had some right corkers
Mine too! I thought it was just me!

im fairly confident in standing my ground in a medical setting (and lots of others - legal settings/local issues and so on) because of my education.

my OH was in hospital and without going into detail, the consultant was terrible. He obviously wasn’t used to being stood up to, but if I hadn’t done so then my OH wouldn’t have gotten the treatment he needed. I wasn’t rude - I was firm. I’ve been able to go to a local MP to raise issues with hospital treatment towards my elderly grandparents that I wasn’t happy with. I was eloquent, able to make my point well and because I’m (now) middle class - I’m pretty sure that’s the only reason I was listened to. My working class parents and grandparents had a very different experience than I did when they try to raise issues. A lot of the time they don’t even bother to try - they see the likes of hospital consultants as their “betters” whereas I can see them on a more equal footing. They wouldn’t dream of having a one to one conversation with a MP, but I’m able to see them as an equal because of my education.

it made me sad for all the people who didn’t have someone to fight their corner for them. Or who do, but their relatives maybe just aren’t empowered to.

my tertiary education opened that door for me for sure, and was worth every penny for that reason alone
Meanwhile I’m a working class gobshite who managed to get a first in nursing 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I am no shrinking Violet and able to understand and argue but a couple of years ago I had what might have been a serious health issue and got so much conflicting advice I started taking my husband to all my appointments just to sense check what they were saying. One nurse practitioner had me six feet under. Talking out of her arse apparently!

A friend of a friend of my husband’s was a GP and we often saw him at Sunday barbecues, always on the comedown from Friday and Saturday nights and getting tanked up on the Sunday, working on Monday. I once said to him will you be ok for work tomorrow and he said yeah, piece of piss, I prescribe cream or pills, if they come back I refer them.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
I am no shrinking Violet and able to understand and argue but a couple of years ago I had what might have been a serious health issue and got so much conflicting advice I started taking my husband to all my appointments just to sense check what they were saying. One nurse practitioner had me six feet under. Talking out of her arse apparently!

A friend of a friend of my husband’s was a GP and we often saw him at Sunday barbecues, always on the comedown from Friday and Saturday nights and getting tanked up on the Sunday, working on Monday. I once said to him will you be ok for work tomorrow and he said yeah, piece of piss, I prescribe cream or pills, if they come back I refer them.
I took my husband to my midwifery appointments. If you think nurses are bullies, you have not met midwives.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
So Wilma is not pregnant, her dog isn’t pregnant, and she doesn’t even have a bloody dog.
Isn’t she the fucker that likes the clinically depressed jelly pots….

I sometimes wonder why I read this thread when it’s just disappointment after disappointment.

Jurgen from bake off was an irritating prat. Sorry I said it.
I need to know who the duck watches bake off 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
So Wilma is not pregnant, her dog isn’t pregnant, and she doesn’t even have a bloody dog.
Isn’t she the fucker that likes the clinically depressed jelly pots….

I sometimes wonder why I read this thread when it’s just disappointment after disappointment.

I need to know who the duck watches bake off 😂
when I am pregnant / get a dog / get a pregnant dog I’m defo calling it Jelly just to disappoint you even more

Ps I had a cherry bakewell flavour 10 cal jelly recently and it was *chefs kiss *

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I took my husband to my midwifery appointments. If you think nurses are bullies, you have not met midwives.
Mine made me cry once and I’m as hard as nails.

My husband was there and later that day he bought me flowers (usually reserved for anniversaries and birthdays only) because the midwife was such a dick.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I don't cycle or drive, but cyclists can be really dangerous for pedestrians too, I have lost count of the near misses I have had being almost knocked over by them hurtling down the road/pavement, some of them seemingly going well over the speed limit for cars
They are but the cycling brigade will just retort back that more pedestrians are killed by cars but that doesn’t stop cyclists on the pavement being dangerous and that you were probably shaken up by the near miss with a cyclist which is very unpleasant

Reactions: 6
when I am pregnant / get a dog / get a pregnant dog I’m defo calling it Jelly
To quote destiny’s child…
One does not think you’re ready, for this jelly… 😐
Hold up you don’t like Jaffa biscuits, but they’re part jelly! with no mental health issues!! So is it just the bleeping self pitying miserable as tit jelly we’re loving here?

wilma I pity your unborn none existent child. 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’m registered blind and these bloody scooters and their charging points are a bloody danger. I’ve fell over the stands, I’ve not seen a scooter sticking out whilst charging and as for them being on the pavement? Absolute joke. Why is it 1 cause overtakes all others? The RNIB have tried to sort this but keep getting knocked back
Oh and don’t get me started on GPs. I had a stroke Feb 20 that’s how I lost my eyesight. Saw my GP once since. They just keep throwing tablets at me. But I’ve had many an issue with my useless surgery.
I also don’t like cats
And I also believe (if it’s 100%) that the uk should bring back the death penalty (there’s an UO) 🤣🤣

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.