Unpopular opinions #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Grammar nazis.
There is absolutely no place online particularly on social platforms for people who go out of their way to correct others on their spelling, grammar and choice of words. If you aren’t writing for a job or as a student it really isn’t that deep if someone forgot a full stop or use the wrong spelling of “there/they’re/their”. If you’ve nothing to add to the conversation other than point out the poor grammar then perhaps say nothing at all? 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 25
Is it just me or are these threads just opinions or stuff that annoys you rather than unpopular opinions
What do you class as an unpopular opinion then? I think a lot of these comments in the outside world would be considered taboo, we are just all wretches on tattle so tend to agree with eachother 😂

If I said Michael Buble should be dissolved, would that be better? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 16
The collective "we" when talking about "climate change".
Don't involve me pal 🤨don't assume everyone is interested, cares, believes your version. I won't be having anything to do with this version of climate change.
"we" don't give a shiny tit.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
People who listen/watch/read the news and religiously believe everything on it piss me off.

We've had Covid, vaccines shortages, Afghanistan, petrol shortages, Christmas crackers shortages, Covid, the queen, climate change, next week there will be another topic to be scared of.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
If people understood what unpopular opinions really meant then we would still be a quarter way through the first thread,

Reading these threads has been an eye-opener for me (a hated old lady who proberbly smells of wee and doesn't know about dirty talk ;) )

My unpopular opinions from reading them are

Women really are their own worst enemy, how the duck do you expect men to respect you when you don't respect each other. People treat us how we let them, be they, men or women. Teach by example stop slagging off women for doing women things and men won't think you are ok with it.

Most people are very easy manipulated

All kids are gender fluid and any parent not understanding that needs to think back to when they were a child. Some days you feel rough and tough others days you feel delicate and needy.
I know for a fact if my son and one of my nephews were born today they would have proberbly been convinced they were in the wrong body for the simple reason they were not typical boys. Likewise myself and my daughter were very rough and tough girls who were not girly girls and so was one of my granddaughters who is now trans, would they be trans if they were born 20 years ago? I personally don't think so.

"I don't feel like a woman" or "I feel like a woman" (I can't speak for the male species because I'm not one) But no one knows what a woman feels like, they only know what they feel like. I feel like me I don't feel like you because I am not you. Some days I'm all frilly, the next I'm workboots that is perfectly normal for both sexes.

Most people love to generalise "old people do this" "young people do that" "Men always do this" "Women always do that" No! people do this and that. annoying people don't have a gender, a colour or an age. so stop putting one there. Stop dividing us

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Sex work is not work. Women’s bodies are not commodities to be bought and sold.

Men who seek out sex workers are disgusting creatures.

‘Pole fitness’ is just a fancy name for gyrating up and down a pole.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
People who have sympathy for abused kids but no sympathy for the damaged adult it created, are at best idiots.

People who were abused don't go on to abuse others ( some do) but the majority do go on to abuse themselves in many ways, drink, drugs, food, sex and the 100s of other ways that people harm themselves No one, absolutely no one does these things because they are happy and contented people. They are damaged people trying to cope in a world that does not allow for damaged people.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
What do you class as an unpopular opinion then? I think a lot of these comments in the outside world would be considered taboo, we are just all wretches on tattle so tend to agree with eachother 😂

If I said Michael Buble should be dissolved, would that be better? 🤣
Maybe i should reword it then not all the comments but there have been a few , I'm not keep goiing on about it and go back through and pick comments out to explain

Reactions: 6
Courtney didn’t kill Kurt. Men and sadly other women just hate women. That is why Courtney love is not liked and is blamed on Kurts death.

If Courtney didn’t love Kurt she wouldn’t of stayed next to him with a bucket catching his vomit when he was detoxing from heroin, and cleaning him up when he tit himself. She never speaks about Kurt in a bad light and has always remained quite private about him.

People make up stuff like that the gunshots didn’t correlate with the way he killed himself, when detectives and medical examiners confirmed it was a suicide, and especially medical examiners and crime scene technicians are trained in if noticing a gunshot death is self inflicted or a homicide. If they concluded it was a suicide, it was a suicide. They can even tell from the way blood splattered.

The same goes with Heath Ledger, Mary Kate Olsen was blamed on his death, because she was with him at the time he took the overdose, and she got frightened and ran away, which some people tend to do as we all react to situations like that differently. Heath was a grown man, Mary Kate didn’t shove the drugs down his throat, he already had a big drug problem before her. Then people use the Joker role to sensationalise his death and say “the joker was in his mind and he began to act crazy and take lots of drugs” even though it was well documented that Heath had been a drug addict for years and it’s the reason why Michelle Williams had to leave him because it was taking toll on her and their child. Heath Ledger was a ticking time bomb tbh.

Back on the topic of Kurt. Kurt more than likely had an Inflammatory bowel disease like Crohns or colitis, and it bothered him for years, he was constantly unwell with stomach pain even some of his songs are about the constant pain he was in. More than likely Kurts suicide was a culmination of stress from fame, trapped with addiction and the fact he was chronically ill for years.

IBD’s are only being talked about regularly in the past decade, people who were just being told “oh you just have a nervous stomach” “you have ibs” or “an intolerance to a specific food” are finally being diagnosed with IBDs.
interestingly though, Courtney’s mother is a pyschotherapist. They’ve called her a sociopath and her father has publicly stated he thinks she killed kurt.

I’ve come across a lot of ASPDs in my line of work, and you develop a bit of a radar for them. I get those vibes off Courtney. I think she did kill him…

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Maybe i should reword it then not all the comments but there have been a few , I'm not keep goiing on about it and go back through and pick comments out to explain
It was just a genuine question. A few people have said it now and I don't understand what is considered an unpopular opinion in your eyes, that's all I wanted to know!

Reactions: 6
It was just a genuine question. A few people have said it now and I don't understand what is considered an unpopular opinion in your eyes, that's all I wanted to know!
Exactly. I don't think it needs to be so rigid does it? One person thinks it's unpopular someone else doesn't. Who cares? It's just turned in to a venting thread and if it makes people happy getting it off their chest then that's good! Plus it's giving us a right laugh at times. ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I think as a general rule people are too sensitive. 9/10 I don't care if your feelings are hurt and I find most of the time - the people crying out about it are the ones who like to mic drop something and then go ITS MY OPINION AND I AM ENTITLED TO IT, yet witch and moan when anyone else does the same. This isn't even just in relation to Tattle - I mean literally everywhere in life. Your feelings are hurt, essentially, so what? Do something about it then, remove yourself from the situation or whatever it is you need to cope. Stop expecting the world to accomodate you because at the end of the day, noone cares. You are responsible for your own happiness. Of course there is a line with everything and we all like a good debate, but when you are actually seriously letting it affect you that deeply - it's your own issue. This doesn't extend to bullying and stuff - clearly that is a different kettle of fish. But if it hurts your feelings that someone dislikes an influencer you do - get a bleeping grip.

And triggers can duck right off into the bog of eternal stench.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Many people are too thick to do jury service. There should be an aptitude test as part of the selection process.
100% you should only be allowed to do it if you want to. I know a few people who have done it who took it really seriously and they said a good chunk of the jury didn't want to be there, didn't seem to be listening and did what they needed to do to get out of there.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I think as a general rule people are too sensitive. 9/10 I don't care if your feelings are hurt and I find most of the time - the people crying out about it are the ones who like to mic drop something and then go ITS MY OPINION AND I AM ENTITLED TO IT, yet witch and moan when anyone else does the same. This isn't even just in relation to Tattle - I mean literally everywhere in life. Your feelings are hurt, essentially, so what? Do something about it then, remove yourself from the situation or whatever it is you need to cope. Stop expecting the world to accomodate you because at the end of the day, noone cares. You are responsible for your own happiness. Of course there is a line with everything and we all like a good debate, but when you are actually seriously letting it affect you that deeply - it's your own issue. This doesn't extend to bullying and stuff - clearly that is a different kettle of fish. But if it hurts your feelings that someone dislikes an influencer you do - get a bleeping grip.

I’d extend that unpopular opinion to people who hold grudges over petty things/their feelings being hurt. If you’re holding a grudge over something like a small difference of opinion, that’s a bad reflection on you not the other person.

Reactions: 18

Agreed, I’m an equal opportunity offender. I don’t care what your race, religion or creed is. I probably have an opinion that will offend you

Bacon is disgusting, I only just about can stand the smell of it. Really over hyped breakfasr food

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
IMO and that's just it, it,s just my opinion (unpopular one by the looks of it 😁 ) Saying you hate noisy kids in restaurants or aeroplanes isn't unpopular as most of the UK think it.

Reactions: 9
Agreed, I’m an equal opportunity offender. I don’t care what your race, religion or creed is. I probably have an opinion that will offend you

Bacon is disgusting, I only just about can stand the smell of it. Really over hyped breakfasr food
One of my favourite quotes is something along the lines of "I don't judge you on your race, colour, sexual preferences etc, I judge you on whether or not you are a bleep" and I live for that lmao. I'm not about this life where you can't criticise someone because of a protected characteristic or worry of being non-PC. If you are white, straight, black, gay, fat, thin - or all the things in between, if you are twit, you are a twit and I'll not pretend you aren't just because you may fall into a minority group.

IMO and that's just it, it,s just my opinion (unpopular one by the looks of it 😁 ) Saying you hate noisy kids in restaurants or aeroplanes isn't unpopular as most of the UK think it.
I think most people when posting genuinely think people are going to disagree with them though? Sure there is the odd time we acknowledge this is probably popular, but usually as a sassy clapback not because we are delusional :p With things like your kids example, while most people might feel it, most are scared to say it because god forbid you insult children! So I think alot of the time people don't genuinely think it's unpopular to hold, just unpopular to voice. Which I guess is just another interpretation!

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
I completely agree ! after sitting on a jury and the judge asking us to look at the screens in front of us to view CCTV of the incident we sat there looking at blank screens waiting for them to magically turn on like you see on telly only for him to pipe up and say ahem ! you all need to press the power button to turn them on 🥴
When I did jury service a "police expert" was explaining the terminology on some text messages. He told everyone wag1 was a drug. A few of younger members of the jury had a little snigger at that.

It's a Jamaican/London greeting

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.