Unpopular Opinions #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Previous thread:

My UO: Marmite spaghetti/pasta is divine. Add a dollop of Philadelphia cream cheese. 🤤🤌🍝

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Freddie Mercury was wasted in Queen. He was a great singer but Queen's music is shite. With the possible exception of Boheminan Rhapsody because it's fun to sing at parties.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Am I the only one who found the vidual carried out by The Queen's Grandchildren, a little weird and uncomfortable. Why would they want to place themselves in a position, to be gawped at by the generel public? I think they should have been allowed to do it in private.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
Am I the only one who found the vidual carried out by The Queen's Grandchildren, a little weird and uncomfotable. Why would they want to place themselves in a position to be gawped at by the generel public? I think they should have been allowed to do it in private.
The whole thing should’ve been private imo. I can’t imagine what it must feel like having all those people gawp at you whilst grieving the loss of a loved one.

Reactions: 19
I thought it was a bit OTT and a bit for show. I hope they’ll be able to do some grieving in private away from the cameras

Reactions: 6
Am I the only one who found the vidual carried out by The Queen's Grandchildren, a little weird and uncomfotable. Why would they want to place themselves in a position to be gawped at by the generel public? I think they should have been allowed to do it in private.
The answer to everything is tradition, though this has been slightly modified for modern times

As with most traditions it does feel outdated. It seems better suited for the days where the monarchy didn’t really interact much with the public on these occasions - probably didn’t do walkarounds and things weren’t really filmed

Reactions: 8
Freddie Mercury was wasted in Queen. He was a great singer but Queen's music is shite. With the possible exception of Boheminan Rhapsody because it's fun to sing at parties.
Never got the fuss about Queen and Bohemian Rhapsody is just cringy these days

• Wow
Reactions: 11
The answer to everything is tradition, though this has been slightly modified for modern times

As with most traditions it does feel outdated. It seems better suited for the days where the monarchy didn’t really interact much with the public on these occasions - probably didn’t do walkarounds and things weren’t really filmed
They only really started this huge funeral tradition over a century ago. Before that the Royal family’s funerals were all at night behind closed doors.

Reactions: 6
Screenshot_20220917-232554_Chrome.jpg

A kid goes into the back of my ankles, whilst I'm walking forwards, and I should watch where I'm going? Sorry, I must've missed my fitting for eyes in the back of my head 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Am I the only one who found the vidual carried out by The Queen's Grandchildren, a little weird and uncomfortable. Why would they want to place themselves in a position, to be gawped at by the generel public? I think they should have been allowed to do it in private.
I always got the impression the Royal Family were public owned ...

Reactions: 2
I love one song (Friends in Low Places). Beyond that I know nothing about him. I have seen a few posts like this though. Has he done or said something recently?
That's my tattle song 🤫😂

I love one song (Friends in Low Places). Beyond that I know nothing about him. I have seen a few posts like this though. Has he done or said something recently?
He's finally got his dream of performing in Dublin (long story ) he had a hefty divorce after getting with Trisha Yearwood ... He thinks he looks cool in The Red Strokes :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
View attachment 1586349

A kid goes into the back of my ankles, whilst I'm walking forwards, and I should watch where I'm going? Sorry, I must've missed my fitting for eyes in the back of my head 🙄
Kids are kids, they’re clumsy but they have as much right to roam the world as you do. If you’re worried about bumping into one just give them a wide berth and you’ll be fine smh

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
Kids are kids, they’re clumsy but they have as much right to roam the world as you do. If you’re worried about bumping into one just give them a wide berth and you’ll be fine smh
Many kids and their parents are inconsiderate oblivious twits.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
What I want to know is, what that medal is that Edward's lad, had pinned to his jacket.

Maybe he got it for learning to wipe his arse properly, can't think what else he has done to warrant a medal at his age.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
What I want to know is, what that medal is that Edward's lad, had pinned to his jacket.

Maybe he got it for learning to wipe his arse properly, can't think what else he has done to warrant a medal at his age.
They are jubilee medals for the Diamond and Platinum jubilees. All Royals got them but women can’t wear them unless they are in uniform or it seems a suit of some form. At the the Windsor Horse Show for the Queen's 90th Birthday and Louise drove the carriage in a riding outfit and she wore the Diamond Jubilee Medal. I think the rules should be changed so that the ladies can’t wear them.

Reactions: 2
They are jubilee medals for the Diamond and Platinum jubilees. All Royals got them but women can’t wear them unless they are in uniform or it seems a suit of some form. At the the Windsor Horse Show for the Queen's 90th Birthday and Louise drove the carriage in a riding outfit and she wore the Diamond Jubilee Medal. I think the rules should be changed so that the ladies can’t wear them.
Rules should be changed, so that nobody can wear them.

Basically they are participation medals. These nonsensical medals devalue the medals for actual service.

Anyway thank you for telling me. I googled it as soon as I saw him, but nothing came up. Probably because it's a nothing medal.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.