Unpopular Opinions #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Rules should be changed, so that nobody can wear them.

Basically they are participation medals. These nonsensical medals devalue the medals for actual service.

Anyway thank you for telling me. I googled it as soon as I saw him, but nothing came up. Probably because it's a nothing medal.
Actually, why has Edward got medals? as far as I can remember he didn't even complete his military training., he was actually the media punching boy for many years due to his failures in Royal traditional roles His saving grace was getting married but the rumours at the time were she was a beard. but give him his dues he kept his head down and just got on with it rather than trying to beat the media at its own game.

Reactions: 13
They are jubilee medals for the Diamond and Platinum jubilees. All Royals got them but women can’t wear them unless they are in uniform or it seems a suit of some form. At the the Windsor Horse Show for the Queen's 90th Birthday and Louise drove the carriage in a riding outfit and she wore the Diamond Jubilee Medal. I think the rules should be changed so that the ladies can’t wear them.
BIB - If the women did as much as the men to get them i.e. exist as a royal during a jubilee, then why shouldn’t they be allowed to wear them?

The same restrictions should be around both men and women.

Reactions: 9
I love one song (Friends in Low Places). Beyond that I know nothing about him. I have seen a few posts like this though. Has he done or said something recently?
Nothing bad, Im just not a fan of his music 😂He’s been playing a concert in Dublin and feels like everyone I know has went to it and keep sending me videos of it and they seem shocked I don’t like his music 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
View attachment 1586349

A kid goes into the back of my ankles, whilst I'm walking forwards, and I should watch where I'm going? Sorry, I must've missed my fitting for eyes in the back of my head 🙄
No parent brings their child out with the intention on purposely annoying you, but I’m not going to not let my child be a child incase he gets on your nerves. Obviously if he misbehaves in public i deal with that, but not bringing kids to the supermarket, not letting them bring their bikes/scooters to the town centre .. shall we just have designated child only areas like they are not part of society, or better yet, only let them out for an hour a day. Honestly get a bleeping grip as a grown adult or if you can’t do that, learn to walk quicker.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
Many kids and their parents are inconsiderate oblivious twits.
Yeah but if you’re crying over a child accidentally bumping into you then you need to get a grip sorry. Just tell the kid to calm down and move on lmao. Idk how some people have such issues with kids being kids in public.

Reactions: 11
BIB - If the women did as much as the men to get them i.e. exist as a royal during a jubilee, then why shouldn’t they be allowed to wear them?

The same restrictions should be around both men and women.
Massive spelling mistake. I meant can wear them. I think they should wear them! Argh, I’ve annoyed myself.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Kids are kids, they’re clumsy but they have as much right to roam the world as you do. If you’re worried about bumping into one just give them a wide berth and you’ll be fine smh
Kids are kids, I agree. I have one. It's not the kids that are the issue in most situations, it's the adults in charge of them.

A parents job is to bring a child up to fit into society, not to teach them that everyone around them should make allowances for them all the time because it makes their life easier.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
They are jubilee medals for the Diamond and Platinum jubilees. All Royals got them but women can’t wear them unless they are in uniform or it seems a suit of some form. At the the Windsor Horse Show for the Queen's 90th Birthday and Louise drove the carriage in a riding outfit and she wore the Diamond Jubilee Medal. I think the rules should be changed so that the ladies can’t wear them.
Requouting myself here because of a massive spelling mistake which makes me look like a right knob.
I was meant to say ‘I think the rules should be changed so that the ladies can wear them.’
😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
No parent brings their child out with the intention on purposely annoying you, but I’m not going to not let my child be a child incase he gets on your nerves. Obviously if he misbehaves in public i deal with that, but not bringing kids to the supermarket, not letting them bring their bikes/scooters to the town centre .. shall we just have designated child only areas like they are not part of society, or better yet, only let them out for an hour a day. Honestly get a bleeping grip as a grown adult or if you can’t do that, learn to walk quicker.
Yes, that's exactly what I said, lock them away and only let them out once a day 🙄
I'm talking about kids running riot and causing inconvenience to people.

It's alright if a kid runs into me. It'll hurt, I'll be annoyed for a while, but I'll probably get over it. But what if they hit a pensioner who's bad on their feet? Or a young child? The outcome could be different.

But hey, who cares? As long as a kid who somehow can't walk for more than 5 minutes, but somehow has the strength and energy to ride a bike or scooter all over town, isn't annoying their parent with their moaning. Bollocks to everyone else 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 34
There are a lot of inconsiderate people about, though. And I think it’s got worse over the years as less people seem to care.

I’ve seen strangers get into barneys in the supermarket before. 🤣

Basically they are participation medals. These nonsensical medals devalue the medals for actual service.
Someone has told me that a lot of military medals are participation rewards on a similar level to the Royals just being alive and there basically

• Wow
UO: There should be a limit on the amount of cars per household. Most have too many and hence don't have room for them, so park on the road - leading to long sections of residential streets that are very hard to drive down due to constantly weaving in and out and not really knowing who's got the right of way.

As an example, there's a house near me that has 6 cars. One for each parent and one for each of their children (they're late teens, early 20s), then another one that the father likes to take out on Sunday drives. Then when the boyfriend/girlfriends/friends of the children visit, they bring their cars too. So their cars are littered everywhere. An extreme example I know, but it's definitely getting worse.

• Wow
Reactions: 22
Kids are kids, I agree. I have one. It's not the kids that are the issue in most situations, it's the adults in charge of them.

A parents job is to bring a child up to fit into society, not to teach them that everyone around them should make allowances for them all the time because it makes their life easier.
My job is not to raise my kids to fit into society.

My job is to raise my kids to be the best that they can and challenge society because let's face it, this thread shows us exactly what is wrong with society, not least the racist undercurrent.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Never got the fuss about Queen and Bohemian Rhapsody is just cringy these days
I bleeping hate Queen, HATE them. Their music is so cheesy. People treat them like a rock band just because they play instruments, they are the cheesiest pop going. I hate how much people love them. It's like music for children, cringe is the right word.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Requouting myself here because of a massive spelling mistake which makes me look like a right knob.
I was meant to say ‘I think the rules should be changed so that the ladies can wear them.’
😅
I did wonder why you said that. It seemed strange.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Someone has told me that a lot of military medals are participation rewards on a similar level to the Royals just being alive and there basically
Lots of people the BBC have been interviewing this morning who have medals are exactly this. There was a police officer who had medals on and they were long service and jubilee medals. So medals just for doing the job he was paid to do and then full pension after 25 years service 🙄

Reactions: 11
What do people want me to do with my kids when I go to the supermarket, lock them in a cage, tie them up outside. I do try and avoid going at busy times but if you need something on a Saturday you have to go to the shop. Kids shoulndt be causing a nusience, but if they're just toddling about what's the issue. I let my little one walk around with the scanner, as long as he's not being naughty what's the issue. Children have as much right to be in the world as everyone else.

I don't agree with kids on scooters or bikes in town centres though. It's a busy pedestrian area, no one should be on a vehicle, what if they crash into a little child. Its just not safe and it's selfish. If the child is too big for a buggy then they should be fit enough to walk around a town centre.

Yes, that's exactly what I said, lock them away and only let them out once a day 🙄
I'm talking about kids running riot and causing inconvenience to people.

It's alright if a kid runs into me. It'll hurt, I'll be annoyed for a while, but I'll probably get over it. But what if they hit a pensioner who's bad on their feet? Or a young child? The outcome could be different.

But hey, who cares? As long as a kid who somehow can't walk for more than 5 minutes, but somehow has the strength and energy to ride a bike or scooter all over town, isn't annoying their parent with their moaning. Bollocks to everyone else 🙄
I did wonder how that worked ... they're either too tired to they're not.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.