Unpopular Opinions #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Quoting myself as a friend has just shared her medals to her social media. She got them for working for the ambulance service. She takes the 999 calls...

Ok so it is an important job but she is literally sat in an office all day/night. She isn't battling on the front line. She isn't even interacting with the public face to face!
Tell her to hand them back, you don't have to accept medals that are given out 🤷‍♀️

Because the opinion of the poster and her friend were that were a waste of time?
Was it not just the opinion of the poster? I got the impression the person sharing them on social media wasn’t annoyed at getting them lol maybe I’m wrong

Reactions: 8
It was the opinion of the poster not the person who received the medal!

You're right.
My mistake then.

Bet they havent told their friend to their face that they think their medal isnt important, needed or that their 999 call handler job doesn't even deal face to face with the public.

Glad they aren't my friend if they are that two faced

• Haha
Reactions: 14
My mistake then.

Bet they havent told their friend to their face that they think their medal isnt important, needed or that their 999 call handler job doesn't even deal face to face with the public.

Glad they aren't my friend if they are that two faced
I mean I work in public sector and do see people face to face but don't get a medal. I said before I know 999 call handlers are important but I personally, don't think it's medal worthy. I would happily tell that to her face, if she mentioned it. But I'm not going to go out of my way to tell her that as that would be weird.

She has left the ambulance service now, so trotting out her medals on social medial was really cringe in my opinion, but it's just that, an opinion.

Reactions: 1
I know someone who’s “medically retired” and gets paid a pension but works full-time in construction. His wife claims carer’s allowance for him (basically told me she lies on the form) and she works cash in hand as well. They have it made!

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Thread locked. Don't start a new one.

We're fed up with people on this thread thinking the rules don't apply to them. Starting arguments is not acceptable and using this thread to witch about other tattle users, mods or threads is not acceptable.

As we previously said we won't keep warning as people keep ignoring the warnings. It's ridiculous the amount of mods time that's wasted on this one thread.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.