Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

penny1992

Chatty Member
Kids are kids, they’re clumsy but they have as much right to roam the world as you do. If you’re worried about bumping into one just give them a wide berth and you’ll be fine smh
Many kids and their parents are inconsiderate oblivious twits.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39

DiscoBiscuit

VIP Member
Kids are kids, they’re clumsy but they have as much right to roam the world as you do. If you’re worried about bumping into one just give them a wide berth and you’ll be fine smh
Kids are kids, I agree. I have one. It's not the kids that are the issue in most situations, it's the adults in charge of them.

A parents job is to bring a child up to fit into society, not to teach them that everyone around them should make allowances for them all the time because it makes their life easier.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
Some parents have forgotten that it is their job to parent their children and not be their best mate

• Heart
Reactions: 38

DiscoBiscuit

VIP Member
Screenshot_20220917-232554_Chrome.jpg

A kid goes into the back of my ankles, whilst I'm walking forwards, and I should watch where I'm going? Sorry, I must've missed my fitting for eyes in the back of my head 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37

DiscoBiscuit

VIP Member
No parent brings their child out with the intention on purposely annoying you, but I’m not going to not let my child be a child incase he gets on your nerves. Obviously if he misbehaves in public i deal with that, but not bringing kids to the supermarket, not letting them bring their bikes/scooters to the town centre .. shall we just have designated child only areas like they are not part of society, or better yet, only let them out for an hour a day. Honestly get a fucking grip as a grown adult or if you can’t do that, learn to walk quicker.
Yes, that's exactly what I said, lock them away and only let them out once a day 🙄
I'm talking about kids running riot and causing inconvenience to people.

It's alright if a kid runs into me. It'll hurt, I'll be annoyed for a while, but I'll probably get over it. But what if they hit a pensioner who's bad on their feet? Or a young child? The outcome could be different.

But hey, who cares? As long as a kid who somehow can't walk for more than 5 minutes, but somehow has the strength and energy to ride a bike or scooter all over town, isn't annoying their parent with their moaning. Bollocks to everyone else 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Emmelina Ball

VIP Member
I understand it is important but medal worthy??
I believe it is medal worthy. When I found my mother dead and phoned an ambulance I can’t describe how grateful I was to speak with someone who was so calming and able to keep me calm at such a difficult and scary time. I was a very young adult and hadn’t a clue what to do and they were exceptional while I waited on the ambulance crew to arrive. They are very skilled at what they do and imo don’t get enough recognition - like most administrative and clerical positions in the health service.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

nicalibres

VIP Member
Nah letting your kid listen to peppa pig or whatever full blast in a restaurant or cafe is bad manners. And I’m not a child hater at all. Just get them headphones

• Heart
Reactions: 32

HoGi

VIP Member
How did parents cope back in the day before they had iPads? And I don’t mean in the Victorian era where children were to be seen but not heard but in the 80s, 90s, early 00s. I don’t get what’s changed so much in parenting that you need to bring an iPad to a restaurant to stop your child playing up?
And we're full circle back to lazy parenting hahaha

I'm a 90s baby. I was a child not that long ago. I remember being parented. I remember sitting in a restaurant and being told to shut up.

But as an adult I am now expected to endure kids screaming, shouting, running around, ipads at full volume in restaurants. And I'm the arsehole if I complain 🤯

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30

Delihla

It sounds that without scooters/bikes we would have a lot more kids throwing tantrums and being annoying little shits 🤷‍♀️

We really would eventually reach the answer to just keep them indoors and only let them out to school or to the park
Would the answer not be to raise them to be well adjusted children who can behave properly (most of the time) in public places? You know, actual parenting?

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Sorry but it’s not ‘lazy parenting’ to allow your child to ride on his/her bike or scooter whilst running errands, nor is it not parenting them properly. What is it you all expect of children, them to be completely silent and still and have no enjoyment on their way to the boring shops incase they piss off an adult, an adult who demands respect from a child but can’t give it back?
If my kids want to go out on their trikes I take them to the park, not a shopping centre. A busy shopping centre is just not the appropriate place for kids to be having fun zooming around on scooters.

This attitude of why shoulndt my kids do what they want to have fun regardless of others is the reason so many kids are entitled assholes.

The reason they shouldn't be on a scooter in a town centre, unless only going walking speed, is because they are risking other people's safety, not because people don't want them to have fun.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
I might find your accent annoying. I might not like the topic of your conversation. I might just not like your face. Can you see how entitled I sound? That’s how you all sound about children.
If you want to move table because you don’t like my face then jog on. You sound bloody ridiculous comparing my face to an iPad on full volume in a restaurant

• Haha
Reactions: 26

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
UO: but there’s way too much worry about false disability benefit claims and not enough worry about the shite system which regularly rejects genuinely disabled people with legitimate claims. PIP is notoriously hard to get and you need to present loads of medical evidence and do interviews in order to even be in with a chance of getting it, unfortunately it’s not just a case of going down the DWP with a fake limp and coming away with fistfuls of cash 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Ok a very unpopular opinion that I will get piled on for I’m sure but…. Phillip and holly didn’t ‘jump the queue’ or file past the queens coffin. It has been stated many times by various outlets that they were on a media platform and yes they were privileged and probably shouldn’t of been there in hindsight but were filming apparently and were probably told to go there. I’m not their biggest fan but all this absolute hysteria ripping them apart is uncalled for and it won’t be their downfall because they haven’t actually done anything wrong.
I’ll wait…..🫣
I just find it mad that Philip Scumfield cheated on his Mrs for years and no one batted an eye lid but people are literally calling for his blood over this queue skipping business 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 25

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Pandora/Swarovski jewellery just looks so cheap and tacky. It’s bad quality and overpriced. It’s honestly hideous and everyone has the same stuff.

invest in non-branded authentic gold jewellery, and it’ll last much longer and be more unique!

• Heart
We live in a world with other people, and although we don't all have to live our lives to others moral standards, having a little consideration for others is the bare minimum we can do, so that we can all enjoy the world.

Having kid on tablet or phone, not a problem. Having volume up full blast so everyone in the restaurant can hear it, not ok.

Tot slowing going through town on scooter along side mum, fine. Seven year old pegging it about and expecting oaps to dodge out the way, not ok.

Letting child walk round the supermarket fine, letting child smash up the produce, not ok.

Rxt156

VIP Member
if people have to say “technically it’s legal” that means morally it is DEFINITELY questionable 😵💫😬😬😬

UO - the monarchy is an outdated outmoded system that needs to be abolished. They are still a family of ‘let them eat cake’ - I’m not anyone’s subject!!!!!!!

Rxt156

VIP Member
Old people can be so rude, worse than children and teens mostly. Particularly in retail. Never had anyone under 18 be rude but over 70s seem to make it a hobby 😅.

Delihla

Why. There’s no rule that says no bikes allowed. It’s a free country. People can use whatever they like to get around, just because you don’t think they’re appropriate that doesn’t mean they can’t be used.
Honestly, aside from the obvious safety issue, I think it’s just lazy parenting. I don’t think there’s a rule because parents used to use their common sense, now everyone thinks the world should revolve around their small human.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Delihla

I mean the chances of this happening are so slim. My child brings his scooter into the town centre every single weekend, he’s never bashed into anybody. And I think you’ll find us parents are of course really cautious when there are elderly / disabled people around and will warn to be careful or even say ‘come off your scooter for a second please’

I think child free people think us with children are fucking idiots and don’t give a shit about anybody else. That couldn’t be more opposite. We’re very aware of those around us whilst also allowing our children to BE CHILDREN. Honestly you’re reaching now. Maybe if you hate children so much only go into town when they’re at school?
I like kids. I have kids. I don’t think a town centre is ever an appropriate place to ride a scooter/bike/skateboard. These things aren’t mutually exclusive 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 24