Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

VC10

VIP Member
Would you stop eating meat if you thought they had the same consciousness as people? Causeee I’m in that boat, I thank whichever animal I’m eating before each meal for giving up its life. Meat is an acquired taste for me but I eat it anyway because for me it keeps me healthy.
Both my sons when they were younger, once they made the connection between meat and cute live animals, gave up meat. I had to write a letter to the school , for the school dinners.......

It lasted about a week and I was making bacon sandwiches on thick cut bloomer bread one Saturday....
...and they were both on them.like heat-seeking missiles 😆😆😆
That was the end of that!

Reactions: 1

grumpy-nosy-cow

VIP Member
The textures just awful and idk, I tried some of my friends pretend bacon and I actually spat it out. Some things are alright like standard quorn mince etc, but I usually stick to just bulking it up with lentils and veg etc. I can’t usually stomach pretend meat at all 🥴 its a bit grim (what I’ve tried anyway)
the plant based mince turns my stomach when i see it in the supermarket...it genuinely looks like worms 🪱🤮 i cant even begin to imagine what it would taste like!
the vegan bacon looks like its made of play doh!

Merpedy

VIP Member
It's not like everyone who works on a specific issue in the government has the lived experience
I'd take a guess that the majority of them don't know anything and are heavily supported by civil servants

The role was meant to be to lead a campaign to raise awareness of the law, ensure sg funding is used appropriately etc
The other thing is that there are many charities that focus on period poverty, and I'd imagine that even if it was a woman who got the role she would still be expected to work based on whatever facts the civil servants have and what these charities are saying themselves

And as with everything in politics, even if a woman got the role she would probably be just as useless at doing anything majorly impactful

Ensay

VIP Member
Some people are so desperate to be right that they either embellish things, or straight up lie about their experiences to make their view sound stronger.

(Not related to the Caroline Flack/Harry Styles stuff above. :D )

Merpedy

VIP Member
I'd think that workplaces would make the decision on how to handle the day of the funeral 🤷‍♀️

Emmelina Ball

VIP Member
To me they are comparable not identical but comparable but we obviously just disagree on that.

Im glad you had a nice time here! It's great hearing good comments from tourists (some locals can be so harsh particularly about Belfast). The old joke about N.I is if you say you are atheist/Jewish/Muslim, you'll be asked 'Aye but are you a Protestant or Catholic atheist/Jewish/Muslim?'

Not even really an exaggeration. When you get employment here you have to fill out a form to tell them which community background you are from i.e. Catholic or Protestant
I always tick prefer not to say 😂

• Haha