Unpopular Opinions #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

I say let people like what they like (as long as it’s not bread sauce…just Googled it and it’s heavy gi’en me the boke). 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Ofgem who are supposed to represent the consumer should not have put the energy cap up to such a high level. They have just done what the energy companies who make huge profits wanted them to do. I don’t see how this is not obvious. Keep the cap lower don’t raid government coffers to prop up energy companies problem solved.

Reactions: 9
What in the name of Christ is bread sauce?
i don’t even know but I always had it with vegetarian Christmas dinner (nut roast 10/10) and loved it
ETA: it’s basically breadcrumbs, milk, cream, onion and herbs. I’ll be the first to admit it sounds rank and has the texture of porridge but I STILL LIKE IT

bread and butter pudding is rotten though

Reactions: 5
I hate that summer is nearly over. 😭 I hate that the days are getting shorter. 😭 I hate that it is going to start getting colder and closer to Christmas. 😭 I hate the cold and I hate wearing layers. 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Ofgem who are supposed to represent the consumer should not have put the energy cap up to such a high level. They have just done what the energy companies who make huge profits wanted them to do. I don’t see how this is not obvious. Keep the cap lower don’t raid government coffers to prop up energy companies problem solved.
Ofgem aren't there to protect the consumer. They are there to protect the companies. All of the " of" departments are. None of them work to our favour, the customer..........
The energy companies were quick to sell off all our gas storage, when did you last see a gasometer? All sold off- in prime locations- for housing .
There's no " resilience" built in now ( and this is an EU and American wide problem too, not just here) . It's all very well buying on the World open free market economy , but as I say- where's the resilience when the next pandemic arrives, like covid did? Or two years of crops failing?
I do agree with a windfall tax on excessive profits, given back to households.
Anyway- rant over !

Reactions: 6
I hate that summer is nearly over. 😭 I hate that the days are getting shorter. 😭 I hate that it is going to start getting colder and closer to Christmas. 😭 I hate the cold and I hate wearing layers. 😭
Same, I hate having to wear layers just to feel like a normal temperature. duck winter.

Reactions: 4
Same, I hate having to wear layers just to feel like a normal temperature. duck winter.
Layers make me feel icky. The cold does nothing for me. There is nothing ‘cosy’ about the winter and being cold. 🥶❌

Give me warm temperatures, long days when we get ample daylight and summer nights. ☀🌅🌻

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Not sure if I’m explaining this properly so forgive me. The issue imo is that becomes a bit of a class issue to a degree because retail staff don’t get the day off so it’s people that imo don’t really deserve time off (like me, office job, no customers - not in a bank though) when I actually could have really done with the time off when I was in retail. Most retail staff get 1 day off over Christmas and then are normally back in Boxing Day morning. New year is shut if you’re lucky but where I worked never was. We worked until 6pm Xmas eve and then back in 9am Boxing Day. No time off new year. A few days across the year of random holidays would actually have been beneficial. Don’t get me wrong I’m happy to have the extra day off but I feel like it should be spread for everything that’s non essential and not just basically office staff.

On that topic - my UO:

Sundays should go back to being a day of actual rest like it is in European countries. Everything shut including supermarkets. The only thing open are petrol garages. The day is spent dedicated to family, friends and relaxing.
i think shops should be shut boxing day! The poor staff that work in retail seem to have no choice of a proper break over xmas!
i know people will say well nurses police etc have to work but their jobs are an essential public service..im sure the general public could cope without camping outside the local next at crack of dawn Boxing day to buy all the crap that no one wanted!
id wish the sales would go back to being January sales again too

Reactions: 17
i think shops should be shut boxing day! The poor staff that work in retail seem to have no choice of a proper break over xmas!
i know people will say well nurses police etc have to work but their jobs are an essential public service..im sure the general public could cope without camping outside the local next at crack of dawn Boxing day to buy all the crap that no one wanted!
id wish the sales would go back to being January sales again too
honestly working Christmas Eve to put all the sale signs out for 6am on Boxing Day ruined Christmas for me, I hate it!! And the sales are hardly ever good, just tit gift-sets that nobody needs!

Reactions: 16
I hate Halloween .

I dislike Christmas because of the expectation of it being “the most wonderful time of the year”. Not every family member is even worth seeing or meeting up with. Just reading the thread here is exhausting. Too much family drama if someone with a young baby just wants to do their own thing and not travel miles to see multiple relatives.

It’s okay to be selfish and put yourself first. As women we have been conditioned to put the needs of others above our own. Burn those bridges to cinders if it actually brings you peace.
Christmas is dreadful for social expectations. I actually detest it. I haven't been to my mums house for Christmas Day in years as my husband and I love to do a fun day at home just the two of us where we watch things and eat what we want and go for a lovely walk and yet every year she gets the same awful expression and asks, shocked, "you're doing Christmas just the two of you?!" we literally couldn't care less about it as a holiday and literally only look forward to the time off

Reactions: 12
I get the Christmas hate if you've got relatives you dislike. This place sometimes makes me feel fortunate that I get on with my family and never have any drama with them, so I actually enjoy Christmas. 😂

I know I'd feel really down if I had to spend it alone.

Reactions: 10
I also hate Christmas it's exhausting the best Christmas I ever had was when we sacked it off and went to Miami instead. It's so much pressure spending time with people I don't like , hosting , cooking and expensive. I might go on another Christmas holiday 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The expectations and pressure for one day are insane. I can’t possibly see all family and enjoy everyone’s company if we have to travel to everyone/can’t drink/cook/prepare/presents at my family’s and the in laws as well

Reactions: 5
If you lower your expectations then it can be great. We’ve spent the last few Christmases at home doing our own thing and it has been lovely.

Reactions: 13
Christmas is great if you're on your own.

But for those with commitments and tit, good luck

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Halloween is the biggest pile of wank. I get the kids going out trick or treating but will never understand fully grown adults, British ones mind who say tit like”it’s my favourite holiday” 1) it’s not a holiday 2)it was never a thing until we became like the Americans and it’s not even the end of august and the shops of full of crap that can only be used on
that day and piles and piles of special Halloween “candy”

In fact under the list of things that weren’t a thing but now are a thing because everything has to be a grabby consumerist orgy you can also put:

Gender reveal parties
Baby showers
Proms (bleeping proms? Why?)

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.