Unpopular Opinions #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hate Halloween .

I dislike Christmas because of the expectation of it being “the most wonderful time of the year”. Not every family member is even worth seeing or meeting up with. Just reading the thread here is exhausting. Too much family drama if someone with a young baby just wants to do their own thing and not travel miles to see multiple relatives.

It’s okay to be selfish and put yourself first. As women we have been conditioned to put the needs of others above our own. Burn those bridges to cinders if it actually brings you peace.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I hate Halloween .

I dislike Christmas because of the expectation of it being “the most wonderful time of the year”.

I’d gladly take a lead out of the Grinch’s book.
i don’t really like either. Christmas is so fake. All pretend happiness and things being ‘wonderful’ I think I could happily go without it. The stress and aggro it causes people! Now I’ve got a son I’ll obvs make both Halloween and Christmas special for him but I don’t really rate either

• Heart
Reactions: 12
UO - bread sauce is amazing. It’s the best part of Christmas. Bread sauce with stuffing? With roasties? IT IS SO GOOD
i didn't think anyone ever had bread sauce.. never met anyone my whole life who did.. thought it was a pre my birth era thing

Reactions: 3
Halloween is tit I hate it, I never understand why grown adults get all excited for it! I understand children getting buzzing, but not adults. It’s crap

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I don’t understand why adults get excited for Halloween either, on tiktok I see women getting ‘spooky’ throws/duvets/homeward, it’s like, if that floats your boat then cool. But adults don’t even do anything at Halloween. Can't dress up cos people will look at you funny. Can’t do trick or treat cos you‘re too old, what’s there to enjoy!

Reactions: 2
Why would anyone put sauces on their food - it just takes the taste of the food away - i know someone who puts ketchup on everything - even curry !! WHY - i cant stand the stuff - and hated it when i was kid you were expected to like the vile slop

• Heart
Reactions: 2
UO
Martin Lewis is a grade A bleep
Amen.

Halloween is wank. We don't need to pretend to be America and go all out for a commercial candy holiday.

Christmas is fine when it is kept for what it is and not some online brag-a-thon-look-at-the-mountain-of-presents-my-1-year-old-has type thing.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.