Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pinkii

VIP Member
I did say pepsi is better than coke so i love my cold fizzy soft drinks but never with a meal

With a meal.. real controversial here but sparkling water only 👌🏽 Don’t @ me. Sparkling water is the best!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Slaybutter

VIP Member
American portions are off the scale. It actually puts me off eating when I'm there. There is also this weird thing there that it's cheaper to eat out than to go to the supermarket (that was the case in New Jersey anyway) which is just insane.
That’s mostly in establishments for example diners or chains where the ingredients are cheap. We don’t have quality ingredients in our franchises like in the UK, so to justify charging money on something that costs them very little to make thanks to using GMOs they pump up the portion sizes.

Imagine thinking you know what a stranger on tattle does for living. 😂
imagine thinking you are qualified to speak on behalf of America? a lot of countries are struggling with weight these days it’s not just a US thing anymore. you’re just trying to deflect attention from people calling out the fat phobia.

Last edited:

Merpedy

VIP Member
Agreed that the non-English stuff on Netflix looks really good, I just struggle committing to sitting down and reading subtitles 😭

It's not that I don't like subtitles or whatever, I'm just half blind

• Sad

evie1975

VIP Member
We save water in a blue plastic gutter tub , and the plastic washing up bowl water gets slung over our plants as well. We leave the shrubs as they can go a few weeks without rain
I live in Scotland- we have plenty of rain to be thankful for.

Gidget00_

VIP Member
I like it too, don’t get me wrong. I read all the books and will give it a watch every now and then. But if someone is to make it their entire personality where everything they do or say relates back to Harry Potter, they need to get a seeing to by a psychiatrist to understand why they insert it into every aspect of their life! Also maybe go outside, touch some grass, feel the sun on their skin!

Get a second job then or a hobby! Take your mind off it!
68EA960E-3303-4B75-949C-EB33E068C0D6.gif

• Haha

Phoenix Lazarus

VIP Member
Possibly more unpopular here than elsewhere but ITV bringing back Big Brother is a terrible decision.

With the possible exception of the first two series it was horrific car crash television. Later series were just pure exploitation. It was awful viewing seeing some former contestants who were already mentally vulnerable put in that position for so called “entertainment”. They can waffle on all they want about getting “regular” people and not fake hungry wannabes in the house but they won’t because I can’t see anybody older even wanting to apply. Picking oddball characters production know will kick off to make entertainment is grim now we know better.

It’s also time for Love Island to go as well for similar reasons.

(I’m aware these people applied themselves but a production team with a conscience would never of selected them)
Jade Goody, Shabaz and Nikki Graham spring to mind.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I don’t think breastfeeding is as taboo as people make it out to be, or maybe i have become desensitised to it?

I had no interest in doing it myself so maybe i didnt notice it, but my friends who did are all happy to whip out their boobs anywhere so I assume they haven’t been mumshamed for this
The fact it becomes a news story when someone is asked not to do it in a shop or wherever tells me it's not really an issue. You never see the headline 'woman feeds her baby in Costa and no-one batted an eyelid'

Guitarwarrior

VIP Member
There was also the no-hoper's put on telly in Pop Idol, X Factor and early Britain's Got Talent. Little Britain mocked the uneducated and those with mental health issues. In just over ten years, the Noughties has started to seem rather unenlightened in some respects.
It’s quite disturbing when you look back at some of the things that passed for entertainment in the 2000’s. Probably more so than some of stuff from the 70’s/80’s. Especially when it was a time when people claimed we knew better.

nicalibres

VIP Member
My almost 7 year old says “bruh” all the time lately, and “yeet” (picked it up from YouTube). I think it’s hilarious. 😂 We’re actually not far from EK either 👀

Irn Bru is the best soft drink, followed by American Cream Soda imo. I’m not a big fan of fizzy drinks though because of all the gas and how it coats the teeth, I don’t buy it much just as a rare treat. I’d rather have a diluted juice.
Kids can get away with it, fully grown adults not so much. I’m not a million miles away from EK either but people from there tend to be…odd? I’m generalising obviously but it’s true 🤣

• Haha

nicalibres

VIP Member
no sorry i didn’t mean to be! i was just checking but i didn’t mean it to sound snippy 🤣 you’re absolutely correct - lupin is another amazing series, and of course all the scandinavian crime ones.
Nooo I was kidding on 😂. I haven’t watched any scandi crime series yet! I’ve watched a good few French, Spanish and Israeli ones and they were all just 🤌

• Heart

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
Re the fat/ugly/disability acceptance I think that it's our evolutionary brain subconsciously telling us we need to breed with someone we perceive as physically perfect to continue the human race. It's not people being ignorant. That is why almost everyone checks themselves before speaking to someone who may be be the above. We can control what we say but not what we think.
Dunno about that. I mean I know the evolutionary thing has a basis to it but my father looks like a cross between Rodney from OnlyFools and Quasimodo, looker he is not 😆 which according to the above makes me some freak of nature!

kate moss, is that you?!

it’s a dangerous rhetoric either way tbh - and this post is just as damaging as how you perceive seeing fat people in a positive way to be. also worth pointing out that what is perceived as attractive has changed with generations (look at classical paintings for a start): it isn’t evolutionary. but there’s a lot of worrying language in this post that i’m not touching with a barge pole 🤣
I wish I was Kate Moss.

I wish I was Kate Moss.
Oh and that is a Kate Moss quote "nothing taste as good as skinny feels"

Rxt156

VIP Member
I love the fizziness of a soft drink tbf!!

It's personal taste I guess, I find the taste of most fizzy drinks a bit vile but I don't really have a sweet tooth. Work with a guy who will drink about 10 cans of Pepsi Max a day and wonders why he's not in the best of health so there are extremes too!
I think that’s quite common lately. One is my friends drinks Pepsi Max like it’s water and will drink it if she wakes up in the night thirsty😵😂

Rxt156

VIP Member
accused me of having a dig at any chance when I never even dig at you lol. Must have beef, thought we were fellas
You’ve done it before about me being a teacher.. just say you hate the profession and be done with it 🥱 like everyone else that has never done it

Fellas? another dig? 🥱 this is a little childish

Merpedy

VIP Member
I find it interesting that last thread, or maybe this thread, we had a discussion about breast feeding not being controversial but there’s clearly some opinions that would make a mother more self-conscious even if she’s not showing everyone her boobs

Merpedy

VIP Member
My name is very uncommon as it’s Indian and I just ask people if I can write it down for them now as it’s easier than spelling it out. I don’t mind people spelling/saying it wrong if they’ve only heard/read it but it does annoy me when people constantly get it wrong. I’m doing teacher training so get observed when teaching on placement. Every time I got the feedback form my name was spelt differently, despite it being the same person who did all of my observations. The mentor was lovely and really helpful but it really annoyed me how they knew my name was difficult to spell but couldn’t take a minute to check it, or at least spell it the same wrong way every time.
Therefore my opinion is, the way people spell their name is how you should spell it and if you can’t be bothered to check don’t bother trying.
I also have a foreign last name and totally understand that it can be difficult to pronounce/spell. I do appreciate when people make an effort, one of my managers struggled a bit but she did it from memory by the second time, made a mistake and then got it right within the next few tries. Just felt so good?

I do wonder whether she's made the effort because she's not British herself and understood the importance of that 🤷‍♀️ But that might be a bit of a fig roll conversation