Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

VC10

VIP Member
They cant say on the one hand not to water the plants and on the other wildlife is dying due to not enough people growing old type plants. people concreting over gardens , famers selling land to developers if I don't water my garden everything will die, my garden is like insect haven .. its like paradise to sit and watch the bees, dragonflies and butterflies

My showers are short, I never brush my teeth under running water. I never water my grass etc and so on. But if there is a hose pipe ban I will do it early morning when I get up around 4ish .. Next door would report me ..
We save water in a blue plastic gutter tub , and the plastic washing up bowl water gets slung over our plants as well. We leave the shrubs as they can go a few weeks without rain

Reactions: 2

grumpy-nosy-cow

VIP Member
[QUOTE="Pinkii, post: 11265863, member:

There is a video on youtube of USA vs UK mcdonalds taste test.

Their fries might be bigger in size but they sound rank 🤣
[/QUOTE]
Macdonalds in America is rank ! 🤮

I've said this before, but when I ask for a "Diet Coke" in a restaurant/pub I just mean it generically. So when they ask: "is Diet Pepsi OK?" I'm fine with it.

In fact, I think Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Pepsi Max and Diet Pepsi all taste the same. All are fine with me!
One issue is Diet Coke is vegan, diet Pepsi isn’t so can affect people with dietary preferences/requirements.

Every Pepsi based drink is also foul

Serene Serena

VIP Member
I love concerts and I'm inclined to agree with you. It's a lot of money, effort, and planning for 90 minutes entertainment that might not be that good. The sound could be shit, the artist might be disappointing live, the setlist might not be to your taste, the crowd can be shit, you can get a shit view. I'm putting myself off ever going again now 😂😂
I went to an 80s concert with the band Calling Planet Earth, recently and it was excellent. No one was filming the show, everyone was singing and dancing, we had the best view and a brilliant night.

Reactions: 1

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
Also, the idea that social services are the devil separating parent and child. If such a situation did happen, something truly serious must have happened for them to take such drastic action, especially considering many children in the past few years who have ended up dead from abuse were monitored by social services yet were never taken away from their so called “parents”. Even though such abuse was already noted and being investigated by SS

So believe me if social services took a kid(s) away there was something really bad happening and couldn’t be swept under the rug.

I’m not on social services side tbh, as many times they’re completely compliant and willing to turn a blind eye, but I also can understand they’re underfunded, understaffed and have far too many people to deal with. Like one social worker who is assigned to 20 families and needing to have full reports and constant check ups, has to be mind numbingly stressful and will take a toll on anyone.
I work part time in that sector (on the admin side). At least one and sometimes two social workers are leaving on a weekly basis. Long term care is harder as it indicates ongoing family issues that they're not in a position to fix

• Heart

Ensay

VIP Member
After hearing a quarter of water is wasted through leaking pipes i 100% would not conserve water. The water companies dgaf so neither would i 🖕
To me, conserving water is basically not wasting it. I don't think any sane person would deliberately waste water, so I'd say you're OK. :D

Phoenix Lazarus

VIP Member
I remember reading something once that said a UK large fries at McDonalds is smaller than an American small or something along those lines 🤣
I hope to go to America in about a year and shall definitely be checking whether this is the case. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha