Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Peaches_xox

VIP Member
Im getting confused too now.

Just so we're all clear. A pea is a small green thing that grows in pods. But when referring to rice and peas, it's actually in reference to a kidney bean (I have no idea why they call them peas).
Yes correct. I don’t know why we call them peas either we just do 🤷🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 2

VC10

VIP Member
I’m a bit old fashioned in that I like to have a ‘physical’ paper, the same goes for books over kindles. I know it’s the way forward, but I don’t like it 😬
I'm the same. Books and magazines for me. Screens are for YouTube & tattle 🤣🤣

• Haha

Catfan2

Chatty Member
The cost of a newspaper! I swear to God the Daily Mail (don’t judge) was about 65p not so long ago, now it’s gone up from 80p to 90p! And it’s full of adverts trying to get you to have a ‘trial’ of digital copies. The crafty bastards! No more newspapers for me, will save over £300 a year by not having one. I’ll put the savings towards my electricity bill!

Ensay

VIP Member
The cost of a newspaper! I swear to God the Daily Mail (don’t judge) was about 65p not so long ago, now it’s gone up from 80p to 90p! And it’s full of adverts trying to get you to have a ‘trial’ of digital copies. The crafty bastards! No more newspapers for me, will save over £300 a year by not having one. I’ll put the savings towards my electricity bill!
I haven't bought a newspaper in a long time. They're such a waste of money and, like you say, full of ads.

The cost of the Sunday papers is eye watering. My Dad was the only person I knew who got value for money on them, as he'd only buy a paper on a Sunday and would then spend the rest of the week reading the various supplements. 😂

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
I’m a bit old fashioned in that I like to have a ‘physical’ paper, the same goes for books over kindles. I know it’s the way forward, but I don’t like it 😬
Bloomsbury reported bumped sales this year. Harry potter sales also increased by 5%. I like paperbacks more but get why many like kindles when you have have 100+ books.

when I had singing assemblies in primary the teacher who did them would make us sing electric light orchestr which is a bit weird now I look back

also how does mrs hinch have so many threads and why does everybody hate her. tried to lurk but I think the lore runs too deep lol
Same with jack Monroe she has a new thread every 4 or 5 days. Moves way to fast for me 😂.

Emmelina Ball

VIP Member
Yeah I totally get camps etc that's an experience for kids, not talking about that but most people I know with kids it's at least weekly, but usually more frequent, activity, cinema, bowling, outing to Mcdonalds, trampoline park etc for the kids and their friends. Where I'm from summer holidays are 9-10 weeks as well but I guess it is different culture here with people working a lot more and not having family close by to help. Still though, surely it's possible to entertain kids without everything being a paid for exciting activity.
Yea I agree! My boys definitely prefer going to the forest for free getting mucked up to their eyeballs over going to the cinema 😅 I hope they stay like this forever. They were actually complaining about the older boys at their camp today saying all they do is sit on their phones - ps the older boys are only 10!! Kinda sad really.

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Foreign series on Netflix are better than British and American ones
aren’t american series “foreign” to us though? or do
you mean with subtitles, because i absolutely agree if so (money heist is one of their best shows).

Merpedy

VIP Member
Sparkling water is the best!!!
Only if it’s from those Eastern European shops, though you have to make sure you get the right brand as some are overly salty

Fizzy soft drinks with pizza/burger/fries are great

Anything cherry flavoured is disgusting

VC10

VIP Member
I couldn't care less that she's missing a leg, but she's got fat spilling out of that swim suit and looks rank. She's been picked because she's missing a leg, not because she's a model. Models are supposed to be thin, it makes the clothes look better.

People can prattle on about fat acceptance, but we all know, thin looks better. You wanna be fat, be fat, but just know that nothing will ever taste as good as skinny feels. You can't make people find fat attractive, it's evolutionary.
Most people aren't ' perfect' , and slim people usually put a bit of weight on as they get older, anyway? Most people are attracted to people, aren't they?