Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mcfeez

VIP Member
Agreed that the non-English stuff on Netflix looks really good, I just struggle committing to sitting down and reading subtitles 😭

It's not that I don't like subtitles or whatever, I'm just half blind
Squid Game is amazing but definitely better with the subtitles. Have seen brief clips with the dubbed English and it was very strange.

Reactions: 2

Emmelina Ball

VIP Member
I don't understand this whole issue parents have with entertaining their kids during school holidays, complaining kids get bored, complaining about the number of paid activities they're doing with their kids. When I was a child, kids just played outside together or entertained themselves at home, is that not a thing anymore? Maybe unpopular opinion but I don't think people should be spending tons of money so their precious children are not bored during holidays. They should teach their children how to entertain themselves
In Northern Ireland our summer holidays are 9 weeks long! Most parents work and can’t just take that length of time off so letting them play and entertain themselves isn’t really an option for most people depending on what age they are. I do agree with the other poster re camps, I love sending mine to camps even though they are extortionately priced they love it and learn lots of good life skills and make friends.

Phoenix Lazarus

VIP Member
how many girls out there think they have to be submissive and let the guy be rough just because that's what is shown online
Remember Jesy Nelson's solo song: 'I like the way you pull my hair. I like it when you tell me "touch me there."'

Last edited:

Baby Giraffe

VIP Member
I think the one of the problems with live music and concerts for me is that it's all just too big. Whereas groups used to do 2 or 3 nights in a smaller venue and now its all arenas and outdoor spaces. I just find it all so soulless. So not only is the music worse than the recorded version but you end up watching a lot of it on a huge TV screen anyway.
There’s loads of small festivals and gigs out there, I don’t like the big ones much either so I go to smaller (and cheaper) ones, loads of options so not sure why you think it’s all arenas. Even a lot of the huge names often do small warm up gigs if you keep an eye out

Emmelina Ball

VIP Member
No it’s not actually which means there is multiple 🙈🤣😫 I think she’s called Becky something.

It doesn’t really bother me if people want to do it but it should always be behind closed doors when you have kids IMO.

found her - Rebecca Goodwin. Search her OF bio for a gander and be ready to be horrified 🤮🤣
There must be thousands of these girls out there!! I will look her up after dinner, I’m afraid 🤣🤣🤣 still traumatised from looking up “bunny play” that was mentioned earlier 😳

• Haha

Catlady1

VIP Member
You see so many influencers documenting having a baby. And on tik tok posts show me a picture of your baby born then a picture now!! Like it’s your baby and you love it but who the f cares? So people think everyone wants to see random babies.

Baby Giraffe

VIP Member
I love live music and festivals, you just have to pick the right ones. Used to do the big ones like Glasto when I was younger (although rarely watched the headliners as there was often loads of better stuff on the smaller stages) but can’t be bothered with something that size now but love the smaller ones (and the beer is usually much better too 😉)

DiscoBiscuit

VIP Member
I am Scottish with ‘peely wally’ (really pale) skin. I am hoping one day all my freckles join up to make me look tanned.
Since being pregnant my freckles have gone insane. I swear they're one more heatwave away from joining together!

• Heart

Maisie842

VIP Member
Pepsi max is elite. .

I hate it if we go out for food and they say oh we have diet coke is that OK? - no it's absolutely not OK, but I'll drink it if I have too 🤢
Im the exact opposite. I do agree though, when I’m offered Pepsi in exchange for Diet Coke, I’ll take it but can we please agree they are not acceptable substitutions for each other!

nicalibres

VIP Member
aren’t american series “foreign” to us though? or do
you mean with subtitles, because i absolutely agree if so (money heist is one of their best shows).
Oh we’re being pedantic ok 😂. Yeah, foreign language series are better than UK and American ones

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
Completely off topic but if you have Netflix, Trainwreck: Woodstock '99 is a fabulous watch.
Watched it a few days ago! There’s also a good documentary about the Fyre festival.

I love concerts and live shows. Don’t think festivals would be good for me though.

LittleMy

VIP Member
There is nothing “fun” about a ‘fun size’. chocolate bar. I want to eat chocolate til I vomit not half half a mouthful
Pretty sure the “fun sized” ones are aimed at little children. I wouldn’t buy a fun sized bag for myself, I’d just buy regular bars.

The size of even some of the regular bars these days is shocking though.

Emmelina Ball

VIP Member
My name is 'normal' and at 41 years of age I have to spell it out and pronounce it for most people.
I feel your pain 😅😅 my surname is common as muck but I always have to spell it out (even though there’s only one way to spell it) and I always thought about that when naming my children in the hope people could spell their names easily!

JE172

VIP Member
I have a name that can be spelt multiple ways - I don t care how people spell it, it would never cross my mind to correct someone or to be offended or annoyed if someone spelt it wrong! X
My name only has 4 letters yet I still get people adding extra letters to make it the same name but spelt differently, it’s only 4 to start with!! Why are you trying to make it longer!!!
This isn’t my name but it’s like being called Tracy and someone spelling it Traycee

• Haha