Unpopular Opinions #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
UO
I think it's fine if the wedding invitation says "no children". In fact, I wouldn't even drag anyone younger than 10 with me to a wedding anyway. Kids get bored at weddings and adults all have to pretend it's "cute" when they're having a tantrum in the middle of the ceremony.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
UO: society needs to normalise work life balance and stop referring to people who also value their personal life as skivers or slackers.

I keep hearing things like X leaves at 4pm to pick up their kids or Y works from home on a Monday because they go out on a Sunday. Being physically present in the office is not the only indicator of productivity, no more than being tethered to your desk from 8am-6pm means you are a Rockstar performer.

Have we learned nothing from the pandemic? It's an outmoded notion to think that you're letting your colleagues down and not fulfilling your duties if you're not hanging around the office for 8 plus hours a day.

Reactions: 22
UO
I think it's fine if the wedding invitation says "no children". In fact, I wouldn't even drag anyone younger than 10 with me to a wedding anyway. Kids get bored at weddings and adults all have to pretend it's "cute" when they're having a tantrum in the middle of the ceremony.
Totally agree. I’m a mum of two and if I get invited to a wedding in future I won’t be taking my kids, like you said they get bored. I went to a wedding as a kid and I hated it, I just kept pestering my parent to go home. Plus if I get invited to a childfree wedding, it will be a night off from mum duties for me 🥂😂

Reactions: 10
UO
yes and yes. i was at a wedding just before lockdown and a baby (i think part of the groom’s family) started to wail during the vows and neither parent made an effort to to take them out.

weddings are a long old day even for adults, i have no clue why you would even want to take a baby/child to one. it’s a load of adults standing around talking to each other, eating, and getting drunk - what about that is fun to a kid?

My UO is that too many people today seek validation from strangers on social media

Reactions: 33
My UO is that too many people today seek validation from strangers on social media
i read a great article about this a few weeks ago where they talked about the separation between “online self” and “real self” is likely going to cause all sorts of issues, if it hasn’t already, for future generations.

i think most people are a heightened or maybe more honest version of themselves on the internet. how many of us have said “i haven’t told anyone this in real life” on a forum like this? but using complete strangers for validation and worth is a scary slope that i think it gets really hard to come back from.

Reactions: 8
If people could only accept they're a basic nobody to everyone except their loved ones I guarantee they'd be happier. Users of social media use others to gain likes and followers but I suppose to some people who put it all online they don't care, it still validates their existence.
I'm a fugly, boring, moody sloth 😄
Some people need a good look in the mirror, be honest with themselves and knock the social medias on the head.

Reactions: 25
It wasnt quiet in A&E during lockdown because there were no time wasters. That may have been partly the reason but many that needed treatment avoided it because of all the guilt that was put on people if they did need treatment

Reactions: 16
not necessarily
Perhaps they have their own health issues which make them more cautious or have a household member who is vulnerable who they need to protect
Perhaps if female they are pregnant
Wanting to be safe at work isn’t an “issue” to address
ETA it’s also probably still practice policy to wear this for an unwell adult eg fever. Covid is still a thing guys!
Anyway another UO - I don’t think Prince Charles is all that bad. I like camilla too
looking at your replies on this thread regarding health care I don’t think it’s the thread for you 😂
Some opinions might not be to your liking,

covid is flu.
covid was always flu.
The world went into panic mode and we’re now paying the price of that.

Let’s chuck in an opinion,
honestly I’m sick to death of the fear people keep trying to put on this illness,
and the stupid vaccine. The almost monthly booster vaccines. No duck off now 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
UO
People moaning about income, can't manage, etc all seem to have sky TV, Netflix, massive phone deals, smoke and drink. Our friend works for the CAB and she said one of her clients ( who has never worked) has a van and 11 dogs! Untold parking fines & now has applied to a Charity for funding to pay them all off to the local council. Many already have rent help or income support payments.
I know genuine people struggle at times , I've been there myself- and there was no bloody help whatsoever for me back then. How can people not try to budget and do without if they find themselves short of Dough?
It seems with some people, there's a grand sense of entitlement.
This isn't a dig at genuine people who need help- as I've said, I've been there before in my life.
Agreed - thing is, it's the genuine ones who tend to be sat at home making a tin of cold beans last 2 days, they're the ones you don't see.

I bought my smartphone for £100 3 years ago from Amazon (other retailers are available 😂 ) and I've got a £7 a month SIM only deal. My phone is pretty good, completely random unknown make but does the job. I was reading something the other day on a local FB page where someone was saying they couldn't afford food yet paying £80 a month for their Iphone. Someone else had bought a Samsung/ Iphone to 'cut costs' - £500! Absolute madness.

I know there are lots of people really struggling now, but there are also loads playing the system one way or another, or frittering away the money they do have and then pleading poverty. Sometimes it's not even on tech stuff; I saw some random on Insta last year moaning she couldn't afford shoes for her kids, then displaying her 'haul' of cleaning products and general tat from B&M. It clearly never occurred to her to use that money for shoes rather than non essential tit.

Reactions: 14
If people could only accept they're a basic nobody to everyone except their loved ones I guarantee they'd be happier. Users of social media use others to gain likes and followers but I suppose to some people who put it all online they don't care, it still validates their existence.
I'm a fugly, boring, moody sloth 😄
Some people need a good look in the mirror, be honest with themselves and knock the social medias on the head.
Everyone is chasing their 15 mins of fame, I think reality TV started it back in the 90s but the growth of social media has made it MUCH worse.

Reactions: 13
Everyone is chasing their 15 mins of fame, I think reality TV started it back in the 90s but the growth of social media has made it MUCH worse.
That 15 mins of fame thing how did Andy Wahol know? He was truly a prophet.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
so many suffered and were left with undiagnosed illnesses because they didn’t seek treatment during the pandemic.
Also, a lot of people weren’t indulging in hobbies and driving to work therefore there were less accidents.

Reactions: 5
I always think people that overly share on social media are doing it because their real life is lacking or their unhappy with their real life. It's like their trying to prove to themselves all is good, or trying to create a perfect online life because they one they have isn't

I know someone who suddenly started posting loads of perfect family stuff. But in real life shes a proper battle-axe to her hubbie. So now I think all isn't too good at home.

Reactions: 15
. Don’t take it out on the staff. You need to take it up with NHS management and your Mp (and people need to stop bleeping voting Tory).
I don’t take it out on staff, I’m always polite even to the receptionists who aren’t always polite to me back, and I’ve never voted Tory 👍

Reactions: 6
looking at your replies on this thread regarding health care I don’t think it’s the thread for you 😂
Some opinions might not be to your liking,

covid is flu.
covid was always flu.
The world went into panic mode and we’re now paying the price of that.

Let’s chuck in an opinion,
honestly I’m sick to death of the fear people keep trying to put on this illness,
and the stupid vaccine. The almost monthly booster vaccines. No duck off now 😂
Covid isnt even the same virus as flu so how can it be flu?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
UO
Agreed!! I’ll definitely be having no children at my wedding.

I went to my best friends a few weeks ago where children were invited and honestly I felt like they spoiled the day. One fussed throughout the vows and two ran up to join in on the first dance and their parents did nothing to stop them. I know everyone thinks their kids are cute but really?? interrupting the first dance? (doesn’t matter what I think obviously as it was her day and her decision but I just think so much of it ended up being focused on children!)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.