Unpopular Opinions #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Surely it's equivalent to a man taking the condom off during sex without the woman agreeing? Which is classed as sexual assault.
i thought the same! regardless of the type of man he is, or whether or not he was using her, she has no right to deliberately take his sperm without his knowledge. like you say, removal of a condom follows the same logic because it’s an act that happens during sex which one partner doesn’t consent to. that’s what makes it sexual assault (imo anyway!)

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Omg we've got one of these! Claims she's had covid 4 times, despite never actually showing anyone a positive test. She's now claiming long covid.

Because she knows she's hitting the trigger point for being called into a meeting for her number of absences, she's been trying a new trick. She rings in and tells whichever manager who answers what's wrong with her, and asks what they want her to do, because she thinks they'll tell her to stay at home and it won't count.

Obviously this doesn't work, so we have to spend our days listening to how ill she is.
In the past couple of months she's claimed to have had tonsilitis, concussion, tennis elbow, conjunctivitis, sinusitis, an ingrown toenail, several migraines and sciatica.
Drives me bonkers. Our one is claiming long covid now too!

Just get on with it!

Reactions: 1
Surely it's equivalent to a man taking the condom off during sex without the woman agreeing? Which is classed as sexual assault.
Tbh I don't think think that should be classified as sexual assult. It's different.

To classify poking holes in a condom in the same catagory as violent forced sexual acts is insulting to people that have been through actual sexual assaults. They initially wanted her charged with rape!

If someone said they were on the pill when they weren't then got pregnant it doesn't suddenly become sexual assult. I'm not saying it's not an absolutely cunty psycho thing to do. I'm saying it shoulndt be classed as sexual assult. It's different. The assult wasn't the sex, he was conned not assulted.

I hate all the reframing of stuff to include things that aren't that bigger deal with stuff that is. Like now calling your partner a bleep is apparently spousal abuse.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
There's a programme on BBC One called For Love or Money. So difficult to find sympathy for these people. I mean, why would you handover thousands to a person you've never met?

Reactions: 11
Sexual assault covers any sexual act or activity that happens without consent, so it would be assault imo. It doesnt take away from violent sexual crimes, lesser sexual assaults still cause harm enough to warrant the label of assault.

Reactions: 21
There's a programme on BBC One called For Love or Money. So difficult to find sympathy for these people. I mean, why would you handover thousands to a person you've never met?
I've been watching this, I find it so sad. Most have so many red flags but they just hand money 0ver cos they love them. I just want to shale them you wouldn't do that for that homeless person you walk passed every morning.

Reactions: 2
A fair few* of people invested in the Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard case:
1) are only saying ‘men can be victims too!’ because it’s Johnny Depp, because he’s a handsome actor, because he made films that people love. If it was James Corden or Piers Morgan or Nigel Farage there wouldn’t be the same amount of ‘support’. I say ‘support’ because I don’t think these people actually care* about male victims of domestic violence on a whole. Some I would imagine are using it as an excuse to be misogynistic to women in general. (*not everyone who follow the case is like this but I imagine a large majority are)
2) Don’t like the fact that Amber isn’t the ‘perfect victim’ - she either cries too much or not enough. She did this and not that. She has no evidence but when she shows the pictures and the recordings then that’s not right. The way some people are actively enjoying her being torn to shreds and taking part themselves is disgusting and pathetic. Some are baying for blood on social media and it’s worrying.

I say this as someone who isn’t a fan or Johnny or Amber (but I used to be a fan of Johnny when I was younger). It does feel like you have to be either #teamdepp or #teamamber and I don’t think that is true. I see holes in both stories and I can imagine he hit her and she hit him. There is this conversation about mutual abuse not being a thing and then reactive abuse which I’ve talked about in the Johnny and Amber thread here on Tattle. But I feel like some of the room for nuance and debate around this issue isn’t allowed because god forbid you say something that is slightly supportive of Amber because you must believe that hitting men is ok! This has been mainly on Twitter but I’ve seen it on my Facebook feed too.

Edited to add: I also think this has shown that people still believe domestic violence is still just physical violence and violence that leaves a large bruise or cut.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
1) are only saying ‘men can be victims too!’ because it’s Johnny Depp, because he’s a handsome actor, because he made films that people love. If it was James Corden or Piers Morgan or Nigel Farage there wouldn’t be the same amount of ‘support’. I say ‘support’ because I don’t think these people actually care* about male victims of domestic violence on a whole. Some I would imagine are using it as an excuse to be misogynistic to women in general. (*not everyone who follow the case is like this but I imagine a large majority are)
2) Don’t like the fact that Amber isn’t the ‘perfect victim’ - she either cries too much or not enough. She did this and not that. She has no evidence but when she shows the pictures and the recordings then that’s not right. The way some people are actively enjoying her being torn to shreds and taking part themselves is disgusting and pathetic. Some are baying for blood on social media and it’s worrying.

I say this as someone who isn’t a fan or Johnny or Amber (but I used to be a fan of Johnny when I was younger). It does feel like you have to be either #teamdepp or #teamamber and I don’t think that is true. I see holes in both stories and I can imagine he hit her and she hit him. There is this conversation about mutual abuse not being a thing and then reactive abuse which I’ve talked about in the Johnny and Amber thread here on Tattle. But I feel like some of the room for nuance and debate around this issue isn’t allowed because god forbid you say something that is slightly supportive of Amber because you must believe that hitting men is ok! This has been mainly on Twitter but I’ve seen it on my Facebook feed too.

Edited to add: I also think this has shown that people still believe domestic violence is still just physical violence and violence that leaves a large bruise or cut.
I'm so over these two cunts (sorry mum). Honestly they were an extremely toxic combination. He might never have hit anybody else or will do it again but that doesn't mean he didn't hit her. Same goes for her. Just because she is a victim doesn't mean she wasn't an abuser as well.

They should both be cancelled. Both are a bleeping waste of space.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I'm so over these two cunts (sorry mum). Honestly they were an extremely toxic combination. He might never have hit anybody else or will do it again but that doesn't mean he didn't hit her. Same goes for her. Just because she is a victim doesn't mean she wasn't an abuser as well.

Exactly this.

They both have their demons and together they were a perfect storm of toxic bullshit.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Agreed. People seem to dislike her despite the huge evidence of his appalling behaviour. They're both violent, drugged up, booze addled abusers. Neither is worse than the other and all abusers start somewhere

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Agreed. People seem to dislike her despite the huge evidence of his appalling behaviour. They're both violent, drugged up, booze addled abusers. Neither is worse than the other and all abusers start somewhere
i think depp lucks out from having a long-standing and very dedicated fanbase, which amber doesn’t, but the overall point that they’re both deeply toxic people still stands. a terrible combination who should never have spent prolonged time together.

i will forever sideeye paul bettany for those texts too. the excuses people were making for them!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
i think depp lucks out from having a long-standing and very dedicated fanbase, which amber doesn’t, but the overall point that they’re both deeply toxic people still stands. a terrible combination who should never have spent prolonged time together.

i will forever sideeye paul bettany for those texts too. the excuses people were making for them!
YES!!! Those text messages were really fking weird

It's one thing to say "I wish she'd die" and a whole different thing to text really violent and aggressive deaths etc

• Heart
Reactions: 9
My DH says similar… I tell him that thinking is the first step to a North Korea type state!…
Many philosophers (Socrates being one) were quick to point out the short comings of democracy as we know it. Their argument is that you wouldn’t expect the passengers of a ship to make decisions about the way it’s driven and that giving everyone an equal vote regardless of education is similar to this. In short, a democracy is only as effective as the education system of its society.

Brexit was a fine example of what happens when people who have no idea what they’re voting for or why all get equal say, and unfortunately this leads me to my second UO: around 85% of people are thick.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Just a bugbear from my daughter's schoolwork. Focusing so much on phonics is a waste of time in a language as polluted as English. In a language like Spanish, the pronunciation rules are very consistent, once you've mastered them it's almost impossible to pronounce something incorrectly. In English, there are so many variations on how the same sequence of letters are pronounced. English has had so many updates from the language of various invading forces over the centuries, that there are so many exceptions to the main rules. I just don't understand why phonics is seen as the be all and end all in the National Curriculum. There must be a better way. Teaching 6 year olds what a split digraph is? How about a course for the parents as well? :ROFLMAO:

Like you, I have no dog in this fight. Neither of them interest me, but it's hard to avoid it at the moment.

As an outsider, all I see are two toxic people who have clearly enabled eachother, taken way too many drugs between them and seem hell-bent on mutually assured destruction. If I were famous, I wouldn't want to be associated with either of them after all this. I find it hard to feel sorry for either of them and their pity party. They are both such non-credible witnesses that it's impossible to know who or what to believe. I wish they'd just go away.

Last edited:
Many philosophers (Socrates being one) were quick to point out the short comings of democracy as we know it. Their argument is that you wouldn’t expect the passengers of a ship to make decisions about the way it’s driven and that giving everyone an equal vote regardless of education is similar to this. In short, a democracy is only as effective as the education system of its society.

Brexit was a fine example of what happens when people who have no idea what they’re voting for or why all get equal say, and unfortunately this leads me to my second UO: around 85% of people are thick.
Agree, anybody who voted remain didn't understand the issues with the EU

• Haha
This was me tbh. I just went with better the devil you know and I hated the Sun reader attitude growing of outright racism.
I think there will always be a racist element. But if you actually looked at the benefits of staying then you would've realised the EU really hates us and we were far worse off. People were just angry that they couldn't move freely anymore but is that really worth being dictated to by Brussels. Honestly as somebody from afar, now a UK citizen, I don't understand Europe's hate for the Brits.

I find the UK is probably one of the most tolerant countries in the world, despite what some think

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
👏

I’m frequently blown away by how thick people are, on so many levels and in so many different ways.

It’s like Darwinism is a thing of the past.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Sexual assault covers any sexual act or activity that happens without consent, so it would be assault imo. It doesnt take away from violent sexual crimes, lesser sexual assaults still cause harm enough to warrant the label of assault.
He concented to sex with a condom. He got sex with a condom. The condom had been tampered with but it was still there. She stole sperm and conned him, she should have been done for theft, not sexual assult. It sets a scary president. What if I get pregnant on the pill because I haven't been following the instructions, can I then be done for sexual assult?

Reactions: 3
Agree, anybody who voted remain didn't understand the issues with the EU
I think a lot of people who voted leave were the knuckledragging hooligan brigade that thought it would magically stop all immigration (legal or not).

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.