Unpopular Opinions #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
May not be an unpopular opinion, but.... the new fit bit advert is the worse. What is with all the shouty adverts recently, isn't that why cillit bang had to change their adverts cos it was scaring old ladies.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I still don't see it as an either or issue. As a person born into a working class background who would now be considered in "the middle squeeze" I lean towards neither cohort. I never said earning your wealth should excuse you finding tax loopholes. What I said is I take less issue with someone wasting their own money as opposed someone who feels entitled to money for nothing. Unfortunately benefit fraud has been prevalent where I'm from for decades. I don't subscribe to ideology or horseshoe thinking and I don't see it as "punching down" so much as making social observations from my own experiences.

Reactions: 9
I still don't see it as an either or issue. As a person born into a working class background who would now be considered in "the middle squeeze" I lean towards neither cohort. I never said earning your wealth should excuse you finding tax loopholes. What I said is I take less issue with someone wasting their own money as opposed someone who feels entitled to money for nothing. Unfortunately benefit fraud has been prevalent where I'm from for decades. I don't subscribe to ideology or horseshoe thinking and I don't see it as "punching down" so much as making social observations from my own experiences.
Thats fine - obviously what you see and experience shapes your opinion. I'm just thinking of a general sense, it all comes back to classism imo.

This will not be an unpopular opinion (but I'm annoyed) the uk justice system is a pile of cow dung. Child safety doesn't come into it it's who has the child when it goes to court. I was beaten, my child literally ripped from my arms and he was given custody. Then it turned out he was a weirdo. Yet in court I was painted as a bitter ex even though I cared for my eldest child. The uk court system cares too much about class, where they came from and how well they speak. It's wrong! (Added extra I do have my child now cos of the weirdo stuff found on PC and ss have no issues) judges are just judgemental on above issues and it's wrong

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Connected to the above: If someone is violent, a paedophile, or otherwise a danger to children, they've waived any rights to see their own underage children. Courts should not force the other parent to give them custody access, or to send letters / photographs of the kids to the offender, under threat of jail if they don't comply. I personally know someone this happened to whose ex was violent and he used it as just another way to control her, also saw a case on the news where a woman was forced to write to her convicted paedophile ex in jail with "updates" about the children - the court decided this was a-ok because at least he'd only abused other people's kids and not his own

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
I know so many people that have been let down by the family courts, men and women. In my view they don't do what's best for the kids but what's best for the most manipulative parent.

Reactions: 14
My UO is that not everyone should get a vote simply because they exist. Why should my vote count for the same as someone who uses the word ‘mebbe’ and whose lack of basic sentence punctuation means I nearly pass out reading their rants because there’s nowhere to take a breath
My DH says similar… I tell him that thinking is the first step to a North Korea type state!…

Reactions: 6
I do think everyone should get a vote, despite some of the specimens out there. As we choose to live in society we carry a duty towards the less pleasant ones.

On a lighter note, I don't get the craving for salted caramel everything.

Reactions: 17
May not be an unpopular opinion, but.... the new fit bit advert is the worse. What is with all the shouty adverts recently, isn't that why cillit bang had to change their adverts cos it was scaring old ladies.
I wonder whatever happened to barry scott :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I live in Denver, CO, and bleeping HATE Cinco de Mayo. It’s a Mexican holiday and has nothing to do with the USA. But los immigrants celebrate the hell out of it here, drunk and shooting guns. It’s been going on here for decades and getting worse each year. I don’t want to wear the sombrero.

I live in Denver, CO, and bleeping HATE Cinco de Mayo. It’s a Mexican holiday and has nothing to do with the USA. But los immigrants celebrate the hell out of it here, drunk and shooting guns. It’s been going on here for decades and getting worse each year. I don’t want to wear the sombrero.
I've never heard of it either but you can get rid of your hat in settings under preferences by scrolling down to 'disable holiday styling'

iMarkup_20220505_223655.jpg

Reactions: 2
The HI IM BARRY SCOTT!!! guy?? He was the worst.

I wondered why we had little sombreros on 😀 I'm 5,500 miles away from there lol

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Calling this sexual assult is an insult to sexual assult victims.

If he didn't want a child don't have sex or take responsibility for your own contraception. I also feel so sorry for the kid in all this. The guy needs to grow up and take responsibility for his child's feelings instead of moaning that sex made a child. Or maybe stop using a woman for sex who you know is in love with you.

By no way shape or form was this man sexually assaulted. If what she did was a crime, it needs a new and different definition.

German woman jailed for six months for stealing partner's sperm # via https://android.com

Calling this sexual assult is an insult to sexual assult victims.

If he didn't want a child don't have sex or take responsibility for your own contraception. I also feel so sorry for the kid in all this. The guy needs to grow up and take responsibility for his child's feelings instead of moaning that sex made a child. Or maybe stop using a woman for sex who you know is in love with you.

By no way shape or form was this man sexually assaulted. If what she did was a crime, it needs a new and different definition.

German woman jailed for six months for stealing partner's sperm # via https://android.com
Surely it's equivalent to a man taking the condom off during sex without the woman agreeing? Which is classed as sexual assault.

Reactions: 23
People at work who twist about feeling poorly constantly.
Omg we've got one of these! Claims she's had covid 4 times, despite never actually showing anyone a positive test. She's now claiming long covid.

Because she knows she's hitting the trigger point for being called into a meeting for her number of absences, she's been trying a new trick. She rings in and tells whichever manager who answers what's wrong with her, and asks what they want her to do, because she thinks they'll tell her to stay at home and it won't count.

Obviously this doesn't work, so we have to spend our days listening to how ill she is.
In the past couple of months she's claimed to have had tonsilitis, concussion, tennis elbow, conjunctivitis, sinusitis, an ingrown toenail, several migraines and sciatica.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Omg we've got one of these! Claims she's had covid 4 times, despite never actually showing anyone a positive test. She's now claiming long covid.

Because she knows she's hitting the trigger point for being called into a meeting for her number of absences, she's been trying a new trick. She rings in and tells whichever manager who answers what's wrong with her, and asks what they want her to do, because she thinks they'll tell her to stay at home and it won't count.

Obviously this doesn't work, so we have to spend our days listening to how ill she is.
In the past couple of months she's claimed to have had tonsilitis, concussion, tennis elbow, conjunctivitis, sinusitis, an ingrown toenail, several migraines and sciatica.
Fibromyalgia will be next, much to the delight of lots of people on this thread

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Fibromyalgia will be next, much to the delight of lots of people on this thread
Someone said this recently.

It won't get her much sympathy, we have another colleague diagnosed with Fibromyalgia who still comes to work and gets on with it.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.