Unpopular Opinions #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Unless it's for a legitimate health reason, grown adults who get arsey about onions being in their food need to grow up.

They're needed for flavour and they'll shove food down their hole that contains onions if they're unaware because they're hidden like a baby being snuck cauliflower in mashed potato but as soon as it's a centimetre sized piece is "ewwww cry cry onions are discusting, they are vile, whine whine". Go home.
I disagree. For the past 40 years, I've had to deal with this 'onion shite'. I can make plenty of tasty meals without the need of onions.

It doesnt affect you, because you clearly like them but for people who don't, it's a worse nightmare. They seem to be added to every bleeping dish. Try getting onions out of a chilli con carne, it's the most complicated task especially when chopped up tiny...although I personally don't make a song or dance about it. If a dish has onions in, I just won't eat it.

The texture is horrid aswell.

It's the only vegetable/food in general I won't eat...it just so happens to be one of the most overused.

I've had this discussion before with my husband...who can't tolerate carrots. He won't eat a dish with carrots. But carrots is not in half as many dishes as onions.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I disagree. For the past 40 years, I've had to deal with this 'onion shite'. I can make plenty of tasty meals without the need of onions.

It doesnt affect you, because you clearly like them but for people who don't, it's a worse nightmare. They seem to be added to every bleeping dish. Try getting onions out of a chilli con carne, it's the most complicated task...although I personally don't make a song or dance about it. If a dish has onions in, I just won't eat it.

The texture is horrid aswell.

It's the only vegetable/food in general I won't eat...it just so happens to be one of the most overused.
I'm fine with onions now, but i still cant eat them if theyre too big. Food texture issues are a real thing, and its bloody frustrating 🙃

Reactions: 6
I'm fine with onions now, but i still cant eat them if theyre too big. Food texture issues are a real thing, and its bloody frustrating 🙃
Exactly! Food is a sensory experience aswell. Onions, in any fashion, doesn't have a nice texture.
People moan at my dislike for onions, but they're pickier eaters than me...it's like, 'well imagine having something you don't like added to EVERY meal and you'll understand why it's so bloody frustrating'.

Reactions: 7
Try getting onions out of a chilli con carne, it's the most complicated task especially when chopped up tiny..
Just the thought of an adult sitting in front of me picking through their food taking out tiny little bits of miniscule onion like a toddler makes me roll my eyes. Same with people and watermelon seeds who pick them out, or worse, bite the watermelon then spit the seeds out 🤢

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Just the thought of an adult sitting in front of me picking through their food taking out tiny little bits of miniscule onion like a toddler makes me roll my eyes. Same with people and watermelon seeds who pick them out, or worse, bite the watermelon then spit the seeds out 🤢
Ugh, I don't like watermelon with the seeds 😖

Reactions: 3
I think that hair needs to be washed every 1-2 days. Anything longer looks greasy and manky.
There is a youtuber I watch who said she doesn’t wash her hair with shampoo anymore, only water. And at first glance her hair does look nice but then you see how greasy it is and today in her video I notice there was something in her hair like dust or dry shampoo.

• Sick
Unless it's for a legitimate health reason, grown adults who get arsey about onions being in their food need to grow up.

They're needed for flavour and they'll shove food down their hole that contains onions if they're unaware because they're hidden like a baby being snuck cauliflower in mashed potato but as soon as it's a centimetre sized piece is "ewwww cry cry onions are discusting, they are vile, whine whine". Go home.
This is absolutely me🤣🤣 but I genuinely despise both the taste as well as the texture. I hate how many foods contain onion. Especially a spag bol, doesn't need it imo.

Reactions: 8
Yasss. Thank you. Most people pull the ‘washing your hair too much is bad for it’. So is smoking/drinking/lack of exercise but people still do that
I hate this ‘you shouldn’t wash your hair everyday’ thing that always gets talked about in beauty spheres whenever you mention your hair. It’s such blanket advice which is curious since beauty is trying to get away from this one size fits all approach. I have fine hair and it gets greasy so quickly. I can manage not washing my hair for a day, maybe 2 if I’m not going anywhere and just doing housework but I feel so horrible and greasy. But when I say this to people they recoil in shock and say I need to not wash it for a month and it will balance out the oils, start to self clean, yadda yadda. I had an operation where I couldn’t wash my hair for a month and a bit and guess what, my hair looked like tit, it didn’t self clean and got knows what it smelt like.
Feel sick even thinking about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
So you're not specifically talking about onions? It's just people picking anything out of their food that they don't like? i.e. peas, carrots, tomatoes, peppers etc.

Us poor onion-hating people, always get flack. Believe me, my life would be so much easier if I liked them!

• Heart
I had a meal in the week served with a grilled tomato and a massive mushroom. Not a fan of them so gave them to my mum who loves them. Everyone’s a winner!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I don't eat melon its rank, but......

Are you saying people should eat the seeds. Because that is stranger to me than picking them out.

I hate this ‘you shouldn’t wash your hair everyday’ thing that always gets talked about in beauty spheres whenever you mention your hair. It’s such blanket advice which is curious since beauty is trying to get away from this one size fits all approach. I have fine hair and it gets greasy so quickly. I can manage not washing my hair for a day, maybe 2 if I’m not going anywhere and just doing housework but I feel so horrible and greasy. But when I say this to people they recoil in shock and say I need to not wash it for a month and it will balance out the oils, start to self clean, yadda yadda. I had an operation where I couldn’t wash my hair for a month and a bit and guess what, my hair looked like tit, it didn’t self clean and got knows what it smelt like.
Feel sick even thinking about it.
Glad there are some that agree!! None of this ‘training your hair BS’. I exercise multiple times a week so am I meant to leave the sweat in my hair 😅 I think not 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Glad there are some that agree!! None of this ‘training your hair BS’. I exercise multiple times a week so am I meant to leave the sweat in my hair 😅 I think not 😅
I don’t get how you can do an intensive work out and be all sweaty and NOT wash your hair?!

• Sick
Reactions: 11
I don’t get how you can do an intensive work out and be all sweaty and NOT wash your hair?!
My head doesn't sweat as much as the rest of me

Or a bit of dry shampoo. Or just tie it up.

I don't understand how people can't comprehend that people's scalps/hair don't react the same way

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
My head doesn't sweat as much as the rest of me

Or a bit of dry shampoo. Or just tie it up.

I don't understand how people can't comprehend that people's scalps/hair don't react the same way
If I've washed my hair in the previous 3 days there's no need for me to wash my hair after a workout no matter how sweaty it is. I rinse around my hairline and behind my ears but like you my scalp doesn't get sweaty!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.