Unpopular Opinions #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I doubt this’ll be an unpopular opinion but there needs to be a better solution to period pain than just general pain. Whenever I get cramps I end up spending hours in bed because if I move I feel sick, which is not ideal when you have a life to live. I did go to a doctor when I was 16 but was just given some different pain which didn’t seem to work any faster than other and was told it’d get better once I finished puberty. I’m now 20 and just lost half my day because I felt like I was dying all morning. I’m doing teacher training. How am I meant to teach on days when I can’t even stand up without feeling sick?
I am considering going back to the doctor but I’m not sure what they’re going to do. It’s not just me as well, I went to an all girls school and I bet the school nurse saw at least one girl everyday because of menstrual cramps. It was normal for girls to pass out/throw up from pain. Surely this should not be normalised.
I bet if men had periods there would be a better solution!
Don’t want to derail the thread but please keep pushing with your GP.
I spend a full week in bed due to sever pain, vomiting and losing clots. pain didn’t help. Prescribed Mefenamic Acid didn’t help. After years of going back to my GP I’m getting investigated for Endometriosis.

It definitely would not be normalised if men had these issues. Hope you’re okay❤

Edit- also,when you go back to the doctors push and push for a referral to Gynaecology.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
That’s what they gave me a few years ago but it didn’t really help.
That’s not good. I was finally prescribed them by a female doctor after seeing a male GP who told me that periods are meant to hurt and get on with it

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I doubt this’ll be an unpopular opinion but there needs to be a better solution to period pain than just general pain. Whenever I get cramps I end up spending hours in bed because if I move I feel sick, which is not ideal when you have a life to live. I did go to a doctor when I was 16 but was just given some different pain which didn’t seem to work any faster than other and was told it’d get better once I finished puberty. I’m now 20 and just lost half my day because I felt like I was dying all morning. I’m doing teacher training. How am I meant to teach on days when I can’t even stand up without feeling sick?
I am considering going back to the doctor but I’m not sure what they’re going to do. It’s not just me as well, I went to an all girls school and I bet the school nurse saw at least one girl everyday because of menstrual cramps. It was normal for girls to pass out/throw up from pain. Surely this should not be normalised.
I bet if men had periods there would be a better solution!
Also PMS/PMDD needs to be taking more seriously. It is destructive to yourself and others. I’m in the ‘twilight’ years of menstruation now but pretty sure I had PMDD.

• Heart
  • Sad
Also PMS/PMDD needs to be taking more seriously. It is destructive to yourself and others. I’m in the ‘twilight’ years of menstruation now but pretty sure I had PMDD.
I had horrific mood swings with my pms. Literally from rage to suicidal. It all got brushed off as 'normal'. 😒

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Agree with people wanting to hurt cats - I would string them all up by the balls!!

UO: I hate it when people say "he/she needs a good wash" to mean "he/she is wearing too much makeup or fake tan." It's so snotty and sneering and condescending

• Heart
UO: I hate it when people say "he/she needs a good wash" to mean "he/she is wearing too much makeup or fake tan." It's so snotty and sneering and condescending
Hate it when they say it to someone they think is wearing too much tan but I have defo seen people who are wearing days, if not weeks old tan and they actually do need a good scrub!

Hate it when they say it to someone they think is wearing too much tan but I have defo seen people who are wearing days, if not weeks old tan and they actually do need a good scrub!
... That is quite worrying, I guess it builds up? I've known people who did not wash their hair for weeks on end because they wanted it to be extra crispy with hair products, maybe there is a tan equivalent?

• Sick
Reactions: 2
... That is quite worrying, I guess it builds up? I've known people who did not wash their hair for weeks on end because they wanted it to be extra crispy with hair products, maybe there is a tan equivalent?
Yes defo a build up! Crispy is actually a good word to use for old tan! 😅 It looks crsipy, flaky and patchy, it's awful!

I think that hair needs to be washed every 1-2 days. Anything longer looks greasy and manky.

Reactions: 10
I think that hair needs to be washed every 1-2 days. Anything longer looks greasy and manky.
I can smell unwashed hair straight away. Anyone that thinks their hair doesn’t smell after a couple of days are wrong. Just because THEY can’t smell it, doesn’t mean nobody can.

Reactions: 18
I can smell unwashed hair straight away. Anyone that thinks their hair doesn’t smell after a couple of days are wrong. Just because THEY can’t smell it, doesn’t mean nobody can.
Yasss. Thank you. Most people pull the ‘washing your hair too much is bad for it’. So is smoking/drinking/lack of exercise but people still do that

Reactions: 6
I have really greasy roots and once you get into the daily washing routine, it never stops. Its horrible!! Im in that grim phase now of stretching a hair wash to last longer. Thank god for WFH 😂

Oh, me too. It's an awful, awful smell. I did think it only happened after a week or more without washing though. I only wash mine twice a week and I'm worried I've been walking around stinking now 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Same!!. I wash my hair every day/2nd day but I notice if I cook a meal the smell clings to my hair.. how do these people who don't do it every day cope

Reactions: 3
Same!!. I wash my hair every day/2nd day but I notice if I cook a meal the smell clings to my hair.. how do these people who don't do it every day cope
Dry shampoo and tie it up 😂 I went from washing mine every day cos of grease to a wash lasting 4/5 days. After my hormone levels fucked up, its back to greasy every day 😭 pain the arse!!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm a twice a week gal too! If I cooked something strong smelling or was around smokers I'd have to wash it obvs!

ETA feel obligated to say I don't do workouts or sweaty exercise 😂

Some people’s unwashed hair smell is just like the smell of vomit. There was a woman at my old gym who used to dry her unwashed hair after a workout with the gym hairdryer. The stench was just like sick and would fill the whole changing room. Oh my goodness I used to race out of there when she came in 🤮

• Sick
Reactions: 15
Dry shampoo and tie it up 😂 I went from washing mine every day cos of grease to a wash lasting 4/5 days. After my hormone levels fucked up, its back to greasy every day 😭 pain the arse!!
Can't believe I'm admitting this as my partner slags me rotten but I do have a "cooking" hat 😂😂 bun topped with a bobble hat to try and keep the smell away 😂🙈

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I can’t stand any Amy Winehouse songs. Her voice is great but for some reason her songs just make me want to switch off. Same with Adele. I was also thinking yesterday about how I can’t stand the song Mr Brightside and then I saw this meme this morning which pretty much proves it’s an unpopular opinion 😆😆
DDD0DFC8-2DDE-4C68-B913-8170C0FCCA71.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
My hair literally doesn't start getting greasy until 5 days after washing.

I can wear it down on day 4 and it looks (and smells) freshly washed.

But my skin in general is VERY dry and dehydrated. My legs go scaley if I don't moisturise them. My face is an ongoing battle of keeping it moisturised.

So it is definitely an individual thing. Not everyone gets greasy

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.