Unpopular Opinions #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My hair literally doesn't start getting greasy until 5 days after washing.

I can wear it down on day 4 and it looks (and smells) freshly washed.

But my skin in general is VERY dry and dehydrated. My legs go scaley if I don't moisturise them. My face is an ongoing battle of keeping it moisturised.

So it is definitely an individual thing. Not everyone gets greasy
Same, I have eczema and unfortunately my scalp is dry like the Sahara, so it takes a while to get greasy, that said though, it does go a bit lank after a couple of days of styling and if I use product it looks dull by the end of 2-3 days. I do agree with the OP though that unwashed hair can stink, I think it’s more noticeable with warmer weather. Also if cooking onions I can’t stand the smell clinging in the hair so I would have to wash it that night. I love onions but the cooking smell is rank.

Reactions: 8
I have really greasy roots and once you get into the daily washing routine, it never stops. Its horrible!! Im in that grim phase now of stretching a hair wash to last longer. Thank god for WFH 😂
me Too! Although hairbands and keeping the camera off for calls have helped and I notice the difference Now, I could go 2 days between washes.

Reactions: 2
me Too! Although hairbands and keeping the camera off for calls have helped and I notice the difference Now, I could go 2 days between washes.
I can go 2 days now as well, but ill try not to wash it til like day 4 or 5 if i can get away with it.

I have eczema too, and a very dry and sensitive scalp but ffs still get greasy roots lol

Reactions: 2
I can’t stand any Amy Winehouse songs. Her voice is great but for some reason her songs just make me want to switch off. Same with Adele. I was also thinking yesterday about how I can’t stand the song Mr Brightside and then I saw this meme this morning which pretty much proves it’s an unpopular opinion 😆😆
View attachment 1197615
i hate mr Brightside too! ..theres so many great Killers tracks but this one is the one that radio stations always go too!
It just sounds like a pissed person trying to sing along

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I can smell unwashed hair straight away. Anyone that thinks their hair doesn’t smell after a couple of days are wrong. Just because THEY can’t smell it, doesn’t mean nobody can.
I can smell unwashed clothes too. Especially coats. Coats need to be washed or dry cleaned once in a while.

Reactions: 12
My Easter UO ... people who live by the coast and holiday spots in the UK need to stop whinging about tourists and especially Londoners coming into their towns, spending lots of money, boosting their economy and turning the place into a thriving place to live.

Cornwall and Wales I'm looking at you in particular.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
My Easter UO ... people who live by the coast and holiday spots in the UK need to stop whinging about tourists and especially Londoners coming into their towns, spending lots of money, boosting their economy and turning the place into a thriving place to live.

Cornwall and Wales I'm looking at you in particular.
I have family who moved to Dorset in retirement. All they do is moan about tourists. Completely forgetting they were the tourists for years prior to the move!!

And in that case I don't understand why you would want to move to the coast if you can't enjoy it in summer because of tourists.

Reactions: 18
I have family who moved to Dorset in retirement. All they do is moan about tourists. Completely forgetting they were the tourists for years prior to the move!!

And in that case I don't understand why you would want to move to the coast if you can't enjoy it in summer because of tourists.

Exactly.

If the tourists didn't turn up every year the chances are your little town would be on it's knees, there'd be no jobs for anyone and you'd be whining you have to move away.

Get's right on my wick.

Reactions: 17
Unless it's for a legitimate health reason, grown adults who get arsey about onions being in their food need to grow up.

They're needed for flavour and they'll shove food down their hole that contains onions if they're unaware because they're hidden like a baby being snuck cauliflower in mashed potato but as soon as it's a centimetre sized piece is "ewwww cry cry onions are discusting, they are vile, whine whine". Go home.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.