Unpopular opinions #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
1. I don't think we should rename streets, buildings and tear down statues that have links with slavery. They should be kept as reminders. Three generations is all you need to forget.

2. I like watching super large family food shops on youtube.

3. Extinction rebellion can get in the bin. "Take a stand to stop fossil fuels once and for all". Their actions will just push prices up even further. I don't have a car but food still needs to be delivered to our cities.

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
UO: using the Ukraine colours, I've posted about the pointless use on social media and using on their profiles, but now I'm seeing shops and other businesses with the Ukraine flags, blue and yellow balloons, feckin napkins!
Ah well I guess people needed to replace their "save the NHS rainbows" and "we welcome Afghanistan refugees" window posters with another crisis to really, really demonstrate their empathy and support.

Reactions: 31
You've never come to the North, that's where the good food is 😛
North of which country? Spain? UK?

I’ve spent time in Bilbao (brother lives near there) and the food is lovely and varied, no touristy platters of paella or jugs of Sangria or bowls of cold soup that look like sick.

Living in Manchester after moving from the South East taught me the delights of chips with curry sauce and steak and kidney pudding.

Reactions: 4
My boyfriend is European and his family love a cold soup but like you said, soup should be HOT!! I cannot stomach a cold soup
A friend once served us cold cherry soup as a starter at a dinner party. It was…….different!

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
UO: using the Ukraine colours, I've posted about the pointless use on social media and using on their profiles, but now I'm seeing shops and other businesses with the Ukraine flags, blue and yellow balloons, feckin napkins!
Ah well I guess people needed to replace their "save the NHS rainbows" and "we welcome Afghanistan refugees" window posters with another crisis to really, really demonstrate their empathy and support.
I agree that adding the Ukrainian flag to your social media profile is silly, as is all the other stuff BUT if people are demonstrating they are standing with Ukraine and also donating to the Ukrainian Humanitarian Appeal, that’s good.

A lot of the Ukrainian flags/badges/stickers donate a percentage of the price to the Disaster Emergency Committee so I’m a lot less critical than I am about rainbows for the NHS.

I’m still seething about my 1% pay rise but hey, I got a rainbow badge saying thank you as well 🙄🙄🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 12
People are painting the outside of their houses in Ukrainian colours, I think it’s getting a bit silly now. Support the Ukrainian people by all means, it’s the virtue signalling I can’t stomach. It’s all getting very “look at me look at how kind and generous I am”.

Reactions: 24
People are painting the outside of their houses in Ukrainian colours, I think it’s getting a bit silly now. Support the Ukrainian people by all means, it’s the virtue signalling I can’t stomach. It’s all getting very “look at me look at how kind and generous I am”.
If they are also donating to the Ukrainian Humanitarian Appeal, let it go - but I bet they aren’t 😡

Reactions: 8
What annoys at the moment is how you apparently can’t mention your own problems now because there’s a war going on. Someone posted on the local Nextdoor group having a bit of a moan about their wheelie bin falling apart and how the council haven’t replaced it after months of waiting and wanted to know what they could do to speed up the process, fair point imo I’d be pissed off too.

The person got jumped on by about 5 different people saying that the poster should get some perspective and stop complaining because of what’s happening in Ukraine. Sorry? I didn’t realise the war in Ukraine absolves the local council of any responsibility. Maybe I should stop paying my council tax because it goes both ways and there’s a war going on don’t you know? Yeah no the world doesn’t work like that. It’s possible to be horrified by what is going on in the world whilst also being annoyed that your broken wheelie bin hasn’t been replaced by an incompetent council.

I feel sorry for people who can only manage to focus on one issue at at time. Simple minded fools.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
What annoys at the moment is how you apparently can’t mention your own problems now because there’s a war going on. Someone posted on the local Nextdoor group having a bit of a moan about their wheelie bin falling apart and how the council haven’t replaced it after months of waiting and wanted to know what they could do to speed up the process, fair point imo I’d be pissed off too.

The person got jumped on by about 5 different people saying that the poster should get some perspective and stop complaining because of what’s happening in Ukraine. Sorry? I didn’t realise the war in Ukraine absolves the local council of any responsibility. Maybe I should stop paying my council tax because it goes both ways and there’s a war going on don’t you know? Yeah no the world doesn’t work like that. It’s possible to be horrified by what is going on in the world whilst also being annoyed that your broken wheelie bin hasn’t been replaced.
Yup I hate this too.

At work we have one particular manager who if anyone complained during rhe pandemic and now after about anything work related, he would say how lucky we are to have a job and have worked all through the pandemic. Sure, that's true. But it doesn't change the fact that some things are broken and we are allowed to complain. Just because someone is worse off it doesn't negate other issues.

Reactions: 25

The person got jumped on by about 5 different people saying that the poster should get some perspective and stop complaining because of what’s happening in Ukraine. Sorry? I didn’t realise the war in Ukraine absolves the local council of any responsibility. Maybe I should stop paying my council tax because it goes both ways and there’s a war going on don’t you know? Yeah no the world doesn’t work like that. It’s possible to be horrified by what is going on in the world whilst also being annoyed that your broken wheelie bin hasn’t been replaced by an incompetent council.

I feel sorry for people who can only manage to focus on one issue at at time. Simple minded fools.
Amen, especially as council tax goes up but collections of waste get less frequent as the years go by.

Reactions: 19
It's all a bit naff and virtuous, all this. Rainbows, flags, etc. I don't bother with any of it. If I want to donate I donate. Its naff-all to do with anyone else who or what I donate to / support & I'm not interested in what my local butchers or the Co ops donating to or supporting

Reactions: 22
Such people should change their profile pics to something like this instead, it covers lots of bases:
1646911577458.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 47
North of which country? Spain? UK?

I’ve spent time in Bilbao (brother lives near there) and the food is lovely and varied, no touristy platters of paella or jugs of Sangria or bowls of cold soup that look like sick.

Living in Manchester after moving from the South East taught me the delights of chips with curry sauce and steak and kidney pudding.
Spain! Yeah, touristy places usually have crappy food. I went to Tenerife once and the food was average, hard to find a place with good Spanish food (it was mostly chains or Asian/Italian restaurants). The North is not as known but local bars are amazing!

Reactions: 5
27558BE6-5020-402A-BDB4-6156106E69BE.jpeg

just saw these whilst online shopping 🤣 wtf 🤣

I understand that this may not be that unpopular of an opinion at all lol

No one cares that you’re vegan. vegans can shut the duck up. shall I put my dietary requirements on the bottom of my shoe!!!??

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.