Unpopular opinions #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From that same hamper there were sour dough crackers with fig and something. These things were like wooden rulers you used to get at school in the olden days, except not as tasty. Even the dog rejected them and she licks her own butt.

Is hamper food generally crap? The chutneys I usually end up using once and binning next Xmas when my new batch of hampers arrive. Obvs booze is used up immediately.
yes chutneys and pickles .. i dont know anyone who eats them.. shame because my neighbours have a jam pickles and preserves stall using their home grown produce and they look lovely

Reactions: 4
yes chutneys and pickles .. i dont know anyone who eats them.. shame because my neighbours have a jam pickles and preserves stall using their home grown produce and they look lovely
I love onion, and I love balsamic vinegar and vinegary flavours. Tried an onion chutney last week for the first time ever. It was FOUL. I really don't understand why you would want to smear some of that on a nice cracker. Bleugh.

Reactions: 7
The government trying to restrict multipack sales of unhealthy food is totally wrong.

Just because some people have no self-control why should everyone be penalized.

For example if you buy a multipack of sugarpuffs, one could be for your neighbour. Why should people have to pay more because some people are greedy 🐖 s with no control.
I think you'll find they're called wheat puffs or something because we aren't allowed sugar in anything these days and changing the name helps us control ourselves :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Apologising for historical events that are not in our lifetime need to be binned. They are absolutely worthless. You are apologising for nothing you had any control over and the people concerned are no longer with us.

Also, some are just downright ludicrous.

Apologies for the above post ⬆ ... two very mixed views got made into one post and I can't edit.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I love onion, and I love balsamic vinegar and vinegary flavours. Tried an onion chutney last week for the first time ever. It was FOUL. I really don't understand why you would want to smear some of that on a nice cracker. Bleugh.
love Tesco Finest Red Onion Chutney 😊

Apologising for historical events that are not in our lifetime need to be binned. They are absolutely worthless. You are apologising for nothing you had any control over and the people concerned are no longer with us.

Also, some are just downright ludicrous.

Absolutely agree- I thought this was ridiculous too yesterday. Has the woman nothing more relevant to contribute??

Controversial but I also don’t agree with paying reparations to descendants of slaves who been dead hundreds of years.

Reactions: 21
Absolutely agree- I thought this was ridiculous too yesterday. Has the woman nothing more relevant to contribute??

Controversial but I also don’t agree with paying reparations to descendants of slaves who been dead hundreds of years.
I agree. Where does it stop?

This, by Nicola Sturgeon, just goes show how ridiculous it's become.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Aldi do a lovely fig and balsamic vinegar chutney, and their jalapeño jam is to die for IF you like a bit of zing with your extra mature vintage cheddar.

If you’re one of the savages who hates the whole pickle phenomenon, ignore me. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I like my steak almost raw. Just singed on the outside will do. Has to be fillet. Any other cuts of steak, ever slightly more done.

Carpaccio would hands down be my last meal!

Apologising for things that happened not even in our life time is nothing more than a form of virtue signalling. It sounds really pathetic when people either do or expect it. Slavery didn’t happen in my life time and I’m not responsible for anything any of my ancestors did. Not my circus, nor monkeys. I couldn’t care what half of my living relatives get up to, let alone ones that have been dead for a couple of centuries. I want an apology from the Vikings… now! Only then will my life feel better.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
They say a foot masseuse went to wake up Shane Warne, I call BS. It was probably a masseuse with a happy ending

• Heart
Reactions: 14
My unpopular opinion is that Shane Warne should be allowed to rest in peace, and his family left alone to grieve without salacious speculation about the underlying cause of his fatal heart attack. Any family of a suddenly deceased celebrity deserve respect.

When Les Mckeown died suddenly last April, his poor wife was bombarded on Facebook by “fans” wanting to know if he’d taken his own life. Not only did she have to deal with the grief of losing her husband of 30 years, she had to read revolting intrusive questions from people who felt they had a right to know. The inquest showed he died from cardiac arrest brought on by cardiomyopathy and hypertension - both conditions exacerbated by his previous alcohol disorder and substance abuse.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
My unpopular opinion is that Shane Warne should be allowed to rest in peace, and his family left alone to grieve without salacious speculation about the underlying cause of his fatal heart attack. Any family of a suddenly deceased celebrity deserve respect.

When Les Mckeown died suddenly last April, his poor wife was bombarded on Facebook by “fans” wanting to know if he’d taken his own life. Not only did she have to deal with the grief of losing her husband of 30 years, she had to read revolting intrusive questions from people who felt they had a right to know. The inquest showed he died from cardiac arrest brought on by cardiomyopathy and hypertension - both conditions exacerbated by his previous alcohol disorder and substance abuse.
Well this is tattle people will speculate and have opinions and I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that.
I do however agree it’s weird that people would contact the bereaved family for info.
I speculate on lots of things all the time and if you say you don’t then you are lying

Also I love trash TV, maybe too much

Reactions: 9
UO: I hate ice cream. Why the F does anyone want their teeth to "woohoohoohaha" whilst eating a pudding especially as it's just frozen sugary milk.
(Don't even go there about letting it rest/warm up, ice cream is the food of adults that haven’t grown up!)

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I like my steak almost raw. Just singed on the outside will do. Has to be fillet. Any other cuts of steak, ever slightly more done.

Carpaccio would hands down be my last meal!

Apologising for things that happened not even in our life time is nothing more than a form of virtue signalling. It sounds really pathetic when people either do or expect it. Slavery didn’t happen in my life time and I’m not responsible for anything any of my ancestors did. Not my circus, nor monkeys. I couldn’t care what half of my living relatives get up to, let alone ones that have been dead for a couple of centuries. I want an apology from the Vikings… now! Only then will my life feel better.
Where's the apology for my dirt-poor ancestors who were forced to work in factories at the age of 8 or 9? Or for my grandfather who lost all of his (modest) wealth in the Wall St crash in the 1920's? Or for my great-aunt who died a year after a botched childbirth? 🙄.

Re: hampers. The only vaguely edible item in a supermarket Christmas hamper, is the straw packaging!

Reactions: 13
Steak is hugely overrated. Its just beef. It's a slab of cow on your plate.

It's OK, but I don't get the massive fuss about going out to spend a fortune on a chunk of beef. There are sooooo many better options.

Reactions: 12
Is this the point where I have to declare I am Italian? No? Okay then :D :D

Come to think of it though, as we are slagging off national foods, I've never had a decent paella in Spain, and Sangria is worse than mulled wine. Oh and that cold soup - Gazpacho? Soup is meant to be hot FFS ;)
You've never come to the North, that's where the good food is 😛

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.