Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ibrokethegoddamnwheel

Chatty Member
What annoys at the moment is how you apparently can’t mention your own problems now because there’s a war going on. Someone posted on the local Nextdoor group having a bit of a moan about their wheelie bin falling apart and how the council haven’t replaced it after months of waiting and wanted to know what they could do to speed up the process, fair point imo I’d be pissed off too.

The person got jumped on by about 5 different people saying that the poster should get some perspective and stop complaining because of what’s happening in Ukraine. Sorry? I didn’t realise the war in Ukraine absolves the local council of any responsibility. Maybe I should stop paying my council tax because it goes both ways and there’s a war going on don’t you know? Yeah no the world doesn’t work like that. It’s possible to be horrified by what is going on in the world whilst also being annoyed that your broken wheelie bin hasn’t been replaced by an incompetent council.

I feel sorry for people who can only manage to focus on one issue at at time. Simple minded fools.

• Heart
Reactions: 61

Redbreast

VIP Member
UO: As a disabled, wheelchair & housebound person who has claimed disability benefits Pip and ESA (used to be incapacity benefit & dla) it is REALLY not as easy as people think to claim benefits! I have no idea how people trick the system because the forms take about ten years to complete and the assessments are harsh as fuck and they will try and find any loophole they can not to give you it. They dissect every part of your life and questions such as can you lift a £1 coin suggest you can lift things 🤷‍♀️ Well yes I might be able to do it once but not repeatedly and they try and trip you up with the way they word things. Can you walk (a named distance)? There is no option for anything less so they try and trick you. People tick the box not realising what they’re saying so you have to cross out that option and write I can’t walk any distance. Assessors come to my home as I can’t get to assessment centres. Just going to an assessment centre works against you as it means you could get to work! 🤷‍♀️ Most of my disabled friends get turned down or lower disability and that’s including dying cancer patients so the people or stories you see tricking the system are really in the minority and highlighted in the press just to inflame opinions on this and benefit fraud when looking at figures is actually tiny in comparison to tax evasion (which conveniently isn’t highlighted in the daily Mail and other news outlets, wonder why! 🙄) and benefit scroungers type programmes on channel 4 only fuel this fire. Taking one case and suggesting this is what we are all like. Why not focus on the MAJORITY who don’t trick the system and deserve their benefits instead of painting those who rely on such benefits because they can’t work to be scroungers. My husband works and so did I before I became disabled. I paid a lot into the system and so did my disabled friends. Trust me people don’t want to be on benefits. We would love to work and lead a normal life!

Being on benefits is shit! If you don’t have to be and you can work you’re so incredibly lucky. We are all only one step away from being disabled or becoming redundant and needing help. Life can be taken away from you in an instant.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 54

Notorious PIG

UO: using the Ukraine colours, I've posted about the pointless use on social media and using on their profiles, but now I'm seeing shops and other businesses with the Ukraine flags, blue and yellow balloons, feckin napkins!
Ah well I guess people needed to replace their "save the NHS rainbows" and "we welcome Afghanistan refugees" window posters with another crisis to really, really demonstrate their empathy and support.
Such people should change their profile pics to something like this instead, it covers lots of bases:
1646911577458.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 47

Cant-be-arsed

Sorry hun but these days men can also have periods and give birth. Women can also have a penis and you are the one wrong for thinking otherwise. 🙄
Really pisses me off when people look at me like I’m stone mad for insisting on using the term “pregnant women” instead of “pregnant people”. Fuck right off would ya Susan. Men can’t have babies. End of.

• Heart
Reactions: 45

Cant-be-arsed

Apologies if this one has cropped up before - but I actually feel strongly about this UO - it is actually okay if you don’t want to house a Ukrainian family that are fleeing their home. It’s okay not to offer them refuge in your home if you don’t want to. There are other ways to assist. I’ve seen people being really nasty about this topic on other threads. And it isn’t right.

• Heart
Reactions: 44

MissTeddy

VIP Member
Unpopular Opinion … no way in hell a refugee family is coming to live in my house.
I can’t imagine anything more awkward and stressful. I’m always so pleased when our house guests leave after one or two nights - and they are friends and family!!
My home is my private sanctuary, not a hostel.

• Heart
Reactions: 44

MissTeddy

VIP Member
Apologies if this one has cropped up before - but I actually feel strongly about this UO - it is actually okay if you don’t want to house a Ukrainian family that are fleeing their home. It’s okay not to offer them refuge in your home if you don’t want to. There are other ways to assist. I’ve seen people being really nasty about this topic on other threads. And it isn’t right.
I said exactly this up thread, couldnt imagine anything worse. And a lot of people are v naive about what it all will entail.

My unpopular opinion is J K Rowling is spot on with her opinions.
Hard fought for womens rights are being ignored in favour of a tiny but very vocal majority.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

Rxt156

VIP Member
People always say things like “you’re being racist/homophobic and it’s just because I’m black/gay/trans/a person of colour” sometimes you’re just a bell end and it’s nothing to do with how you identify, who you’re attracted to or your skin colour. Just a bell end 👍🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 40

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I keep seeing reports of xxx million being raised by citizens for Ukraine and the government giving 20 million or whatever,
People opening their homes to refugees and taking them in, how many we’re taking into the country,
Everyone so proud of what a generous nation we are.
or people going on to gloat about what they’ve personally done to help.

what about the kids eating at food banks and homeless families,
or those sleeping in sleeping bags in doorways tonight in Ireland, don’t they matter.

we need to look after our own before we can other countries.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Nelly's mum

VIP Member
My UO is that life is never fair, it doesn't matter when your kid starts school as there will always be some kid who is older/smarter/richer/has pushier parents etc.

That's life, it is not fair, so you may as well get on with it really.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Begborrowsteal

VIP Member
I don't care, or rather, don't want to know about Ukraine. I am so emotionally drained from the last couple of years and the personal challenges I am facing, and my family are facing, and I simply find them more important.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 35

BonBon27

VIP Member
If you’re over the age of 10 and you’re wearing a summer dress/sandals today because it’s sunny then you need to get in the bin. It’s not even 15 degrees and it’s still March. Calm the fuck down.

• Haha
Reactions: 34

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Blood is not thicker than water.
Sometimes family relationships can’t heal and you know, that’s ok, just because you’re related doesn’t mean “life is too short” and you need to work things out.

I have no interest in knowing if a very close member of my family is dead or alive, I wouldn’t attend their funeral regardless, I had a similar ending with a grandparent and knew of her death 2 years later,
I was often asked would I “reach out” to them because I don’t want to regret missing the opportunity.

go jump. Unless you know our history keep your opinion to yourself.
You don’t need to build bridges because you have the same family.

• Heart

whippersnapper

Chatty Member
When individuals - who were born with male anatomy - want to become and be known as a WOMAN.

Unless you have had a period, given birth, breastfed and had your nipples nearly bitten off, have been sexually harassed or have been paid less than a man doing your job ETC. YOU are NOT a woman.

And I fully understand not all woman experience all of these things BUT I am sure they can relate better than Butch who now wants to be Betty.

• Heart

BasilRathbon

There's nothing weird about wanking off your pet just before bedtime to ensure he gets a good night's sleep.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33

Sea

VIP Member
UO: Kids don't need "Ukraine days" at school, stop the woke dressing up crap, stop politicising the kids and fear mongering them further.

• Sick

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
I think anxiety is an overused word. People say it's triggering my anxiety, when they really mean they are a bit worried about something. Real anxiety is a debilitating illness.

• Heart